is the bubble due to burst? | Page 142 | FerrariChat

is the bubble due to burst?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by PFSEX, Jan 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Normally I would agree with you. But this bubble is a once in a 30 year event. The CC market is going to look a heck of alot different when the dust settles. You certainly are smart to wait given this circumstance and not pathetic. And it is a wait that is already becoming well worth it not get ripped off by any of these financially inept stooges who are chasing their tails.

Another thing we agree on is that I am also sick and tired of the speculators who are obsessed with value and stockpiling warehouses. Masturbating amongst themselves on that bring a trailer site like kids collecting baseball cards in the late 80s early 90s. Now that is pathetic. They need to get out. They have ruined the hobby over the past 5 years and now it's time for nature to take it's course.

The longer you wait the more toys you get to buy to actually drive and enjoy along with a more secure financial situation for your future. If that's pathetic then the people who are patient like myself are beyond pathetic. I'll take it

hagen111 likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Haha, @Bradwilliams says he's just being 'patient' - funny how when we've asked him multiple times what car he's being patient for....we hear crickets.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just excuses- it’s what trolls do. Linger and argue theres nothing to buy over a decade.

JAM1, paulchua and 375+ like this.
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What do you think about the Queen Mary on BAT?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    As an investment purchase I don’t like it. Even pre virus. As a great touring V12 though, I’m a huge fan of them. 2+2’s no matter what market will lag a bit behind coupes though. I think that car will go between 130-140 and likely be RNM

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Excellent post. My thoughts entirely. The enjoyment I have had from owning my Dino for the last four years far outweighs any loss in value.

hagen111, wrxmike, readplays and 2 others like this.
  9. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I love your post...there are keyboard warriors...and there are the true 'weekend heroes'...I respect people who follow their hart and passion, La Dolca Vita!

LARRYH, Texas Forever and 375+ like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    kryten2001, mcimino, LARRYH and 8 others like this.
  11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    WOW! Gorgeous F355!

paulchua likes this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Everybody listening?

readplays likes this.
  13. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#3538 Bradwilliams, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Heart and passion led me to buy my testarossa as well. 6 years of ownership this june. Full exhaust and ive put over 8000 miles on it. How many miles have you done in your ferrari?

14. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Testarossa? I thought we were in the vintage section

paulchua and TTR like this.
  15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#3540 Bradwilliams, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Okay, how many miles has hagen111 put on his "vintage" Ferrari?

I thought testarossas were "vintage and collectible" according to the auction and dealer crowd. I guess they're not en vogue as vintage anymore now that people are through using them as financial instruments.

How many miles have you put on your "vintage" ferrari?"

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I would guess he was referring to the Fchat definition of "vintage", as this is in the "vintage" section, rather than dealer-speak. If one is going to be pedantic, there is no such thing as a "vintage" Ferrari anyway - Ferrari didn't start building cars until 17 years after the end of the Vintage era.

17. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Vintage, to me anyway, seems to to be such a wrong word to describe any, even the very oldest Ferraris. Classic is much better.

turbo-joe and Bradwilliams like this.
  18. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    You are commenting in the "Vintage (pre 365 GTC/4)" segment of Ferrarichat. In your research you have no doubt learned that the Testarossa does not fall into that range of vehicle build dates, hence my question.

My Ferrari was built in 1962 so no quotation marks necessary. Despite being RHD and located in Michigan, I managed to drive it every month last year (including on Christmas Day) for a total of 400 miles. I have seven vintage cars so it's hard to put many miles on all of them. The Ferrari gets the most use though.

You should consider buying an old Ferrari. They are really cool.

paulchua, hagen111, turbo-joe and 2 others like this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3544 paulchua, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Don't mind @Bradwilliams he's very inconsistent. He's said in the past true enthusiasts keep their cars, (similar to what @ttforcefed just showed with his F355) - he said poseurs flip cars.

Then what does he do? He flips the Testarossa and then after flipping it, starts bashing the price, yet when it serves him (as is now) he tries to reference it to pull rank (of course he's negative when it suits him.)

Crazy? Maddening? Tiring?

Yes.

No seriously. He has a long history here, and if anybody has been following, knows the bull pie he enjoys baking and unfortunately serving to all of us.

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    FerrariChat PSA

All you need to know about Bradwilliams

1) Mocks Ferrari owners by saying real enthusiats keep their cars long term, yet he flips his TR and 550 as quickly as he can.

2) Laments the high prices of Ferrari, doesn't buy them even if prices are below market.

3) Wishes Ferrari owners ruin. When called out on this says people are trolling

4) Holds the position that we are in a bubble ... for five seven long years

5) Says he can't wait for a crash in prices, but then the crash will ruin the hobby for enthusiasts like him

6) Says the run up in prices are mostly due to fraud, can't provide one iota of evidence. When called out on this, says people are trolling

7) Hates owners and buyers, calls them pigs for 'talking' up prices, but says the value of his 550 going to 140K when he wants to flip one.

8) Asks me to moves the conversation to PM, asks a moderator to block me on PM.

9) Complains that the run up value makes cars unfair for enthusiasts, when asked what those cars are, keeps it secret.

10) Says real enthusiasts don't worry about the value of their cars,
    all he talks about is the value of these cars all day.

Bradwilliams, ...don't forget these words of wisdom you yourself said five seven years ago, what happened since then that you've become one of the 'losers'?" (your word from 5 years ago, not mine)

wrxmike, JAM1 and TTR like this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    does he still have his testarossa today? i thought he sold it a while ago. post 3538 makes it sound like its current.

JAM1 and paulchua like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    God knows, as for his 550, here in the 550 forum he's bashing it (of course after he sold his)

You personally know the amount of bashing he does in the TR forum

Yet like his salvage 550, when it suits him - the TR is awesome and a 'passion' to him now?

Will the 'real' @Bradwilliams stand up?

Of course not, because he and all of us know the real persona is literally what comes to mind when you describe 'shifty' behavior. He would the perfect poster child for a 'flip-flop' business.

It's crazy to see this in real life.

23. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    "Queen Mother," please!

I think it looks like a nice car. Before COVID, $200k on BaT was probably a decent expectation. Now? I don't have high confidence, but from what I have seen, collectible car prices haven't really gone off-trend during this time (I've been bidding on a few Mercedes 6.3s), so I'd guess it goes high $100s... and probably RNM.

By "off-trend" I mean that low end vintage Ferraris (2+2s, Lussos, 330s) have generally been trending down, and I expect that to continue.

24. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#3549 Bradwilliams, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Some day perhaps. Those cars are all before my generation so I don't have the same attachment to them as you would. I am a big fan of your car in the swb coupe.

Too many cars from my youth to check off the list first . Who knows what a car like that would cost by the time im 60 years old. It's not in my price range today that's for sure :)

Respect for the mileage

Attached Files:

25. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    When you enter any hobby you come with certain biases, likes and dislikes. You start by getting the stuff you already know and desire. Then when you get more engrossed you begin to get exposed to stuff you would not have thought you would have had any attachment to. When exposed to the real great stuff a light goes off and you begin to understand and desire things that you would have never thought you would have interest in.

MAPS, hagen111, JimEakin and 4 others like this.