Gm research indiactes that 40% of kids love cars and or are gearheads. Personally i dotn think this stat was ever different. The difference is now the other 60% are urban and dont see the need for a car as before. Things change, hot rodders became drifters or into rice hondas, same culture essentialty. There are more exotics sold new now than ever, I woudl say car culture is alsive and well, it exists in paralell with the car is an unfortunatly necessary appliance crowd. Also a lot of "invetstment" cars are owned by people clueless about cars, these are meerly valuable possetions. The investment car culture has grown in leaps and bounds.