Is it too early to start my road trip thread? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Is it too early to start my road trip thread?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by PV Dirk, May 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #176 PV Dirk, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yesterday we drove the car from my Dad's house in S. Oregon to Sacramento. Today I dropped my wife off at the airport. I have a few more days out here before I go back to work. 1. Weed, CA with Shasta in background. 2. Shasta from the road.

I've been running errands all day and when I was picking up some Ouzo at a fine place called Beverages and More I crossed paths with a fellow out in his red 328. A good day for Ferraris.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #177 PV Dirk, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's over. This year feels like a distant memory. Haven't seen my car in almost two months. It is under cover in California as I was hoping to be moved to the west coast by now. Today I sit in Louisiana wishing I had the car here to drive on Jan 1st as is my tradition of starting each new year by playing with my toys. What a great year, it was the YOTF, year of the Ferrari and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Would have been great to have a bit more time to visit a few more of Y'all. Would have been nice to drive the car back to Louisiana by way of visiting a few more folks, but in the end, what a year!

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    What is the sequel to YOTF? Are you actually leaving LA? Did your wife take the bar in another state? Hope this isn't too personal, but I just read your 2011 saga, & these points were mentioned. (Actually, I' m a Mondial owning LA attorney as well, so ...)
    Did you ultimately sell the car?
    Hope all is well.

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    PV Dirk, I made you a Youtube video from this amazing thread. I had to change the music around a few times (Eagles -take it easy but Youtube ban some copyrighted music, so had to use Maroon5.

Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ixJp8PRQU[/ame]

5. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Mike

Wow, just....Wow. That is great. Thanks for your effort in this. It was great fun to watch. It's only been a few months since the YOTF wrapped up but I already feel distanced from it like it is much further in the past. This clip certainly brings it all back :D

I expect I'll go back to this clip regularly and it will cheer me up regardless of what is going on. It was great to see all my friends show up in another artists work :)

6. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Hi David,

I still have the car. It did go on the market for two days but I had an aching pit in my stomach and had to pull the ad. I love cars, all cars and I realized if I sold the Mondial I would buy something else. I also realized that there is no replacement for this car. For the amount of money I would get for it there is nothing that could push the buttons this car does so I think it is going to be mine for some time to come.

2012 is going to be the year of the move, I hope. My wife is in Portland, OR right now and today is the second day of the Bar exam. I can live anywhere with my job so we're taking our time on the move. Our house in LA is priced a bit high right now and as we get into spring we'll get closer to market to get it to move. I don't think we'll buy a house in Oregon until she gets a job so we can find the best home with the smallest commute. She had quit her law firm job here in LA about 9 months ago and is dabbling at private practice, mostly federal issues that will translate anywhere.

We are moving to be closer to my family. We have no family in Louisiana, we moved here for LSU law school where my wife had gotten a partial scholorship. It's been a lot of fun here but I'm a west coaster and it will be good to go back home.

The car is currently sitting in a friends garage in CA near Sacramento. I was out there in January and put another 700 miles on the car over a few days. I miss it dearly while I'm sitting at home but I couldn't see driving it back here just to ship it back to the west coast when my home sells. I expect my annual mileage to be very low this year, but then again if we get moved before fall there may be some great road trips to be had. I'm hopeful.

If you are in the south part of the state there is a C&C going on between Baton Rouge and New Orleans on March 3rd. I'm planning to be there to say hi to the guys. It would be great if you could make it, Mondials play well in that group. Details are in the LA section.

7. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    np buddy, glad to help out. The Video is unlisted, so you will need the link to see it or copy/paste it in email to send to friends & family.
    All the best !
    -Mike

8. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    +1 Thanks again Mike. I'm a bit wired tonight (can't sleep) and wanted to see if I could find your vid. Now I think I'm complete and can crash out.

9. ForsytheFotographyHouston

BANNED

Apr 2, 2012
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Eric Forsythe
    I just loved following this post! I live in Houston and I have been wanting to just take a drive to Austin and back.. And that makes me nervous! I am inspired to to take her for that ride now.

10. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Wow. Last post 3 years ago. Surely some haven't seen this. They are built for road tripping y'all 😁 Looking forward to this coming summer when it's back together and in my home garage.

11. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hey PV,

By your home garage do you mean back in Oregon?

Temple (Pdx)

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I don't make it real easy to follow. I've moved to Arizona and am in the process of buying a home down here. I still have my place in Oregon where the car sits now. I think I was there last in July or August when I got the car running but still not fully together. I'll probably do finish assembly at the end of December when visiting family and then probably haul it down here to Arizona for the shakedown phase. My stepson is a natural car guy and I want him to learn to drive a stick on the Mondial.