Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Depends 100% on if China or Russia jumps in when we start to trade nukes over the Pacific with North Korea.

In case no one noticed, Russia has significantly greater nuclear capabilities, at least on paper. China could jump in, toss their 600-700 nukes as well, and POOF, no more USA to worry about.

In that scenario, assuming Trump isn't incinerated, I'm pretty sure he'd be shot for starting the whole thing.

D

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Why doesn't somebody from his party, somebody like an advisor, tell Trump to calm ****en down?

He is provoking North Korea!
    Pete

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Pete,

Trump listens to no one. It's his opinion that the same tactics that work in bluffing someone in a real estate deal work in the real world. He's mistaken, and some folks don't bluff.

There's no one on the planet who can reign him in. His shoot from the hip style is uniquely unsuited for governing, but hey, what do I know? Maybe this will all work out, after all, I'm typing this right now and I don't see a mushroom cloud out my window.

D

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah it does

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Because they like what he's doing

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    It's not about NK, it's about China's grab for the South China Sea.

They'll shut down Kim when they've quietly got what they want, but we won't be told for years.

7. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Yes, the Chinese play the long game. I'm wary of doing business with Chinese or Indians - they've been screwing each other over for 6000 years. We're just amateurs.

8. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This. I don't blame you folks for being perplexed. Trump has been on the national scene for a year now, and the media and the liberals still don't understand he doesn't give a ****. The smart guys and gals keep saying Trump needs to stop doing this or that, but they haven't figured out it's like water off a duck. Trump doesn't care. He doesn't care about his "place in history." He doesn't care about his legacy. He doesn't even care about running for a second term. Hell, he's 70 and a billionaire. Trump is a deal guy. He is not a manager. He doesn't have any overriding principles. He is just a deal junkie, and my guess is he is getting kinda bored with the whole thing.

BTW, all of you can sleep tight tonight. No nukes are going to go off. According to the best intel, NK's ICBM can't yet carry a payload through reentry. In other words, they burn up. While Fat Boy may be crazy, he ain't stupid. Launching a first strike that won't work is not the path to a long life. Moreover, Trump for all his bluster is not going to do a preemptive strike. Even he is not that stupid.

Again, I don't blame all of you for being upset. But, don't sweat it. Everything will be fine.

This has been a public service announcement from the great state of Texas.

10. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    +365,Trump's seen it and banned it from showing over there....

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah I'm sure Steve Bannon does, as he wants a world war ... apparently we are in some sort of cycle and war is next on the cards, so of course that is the only option ... sigh.

Pete

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Great for the economy

13. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Hope you're correct...

14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    China and Russia already have an agreement to act together in case of a 'situation' involving NK. Kim shoots first, he's on his own; if the Donald pushes the button first, it'll be China, Russia and NK against the U.S.

15. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I seriously don't understand how the lefty mind works.

We have a situation where a total nutcase from a family of nutcases is bored with starving and killing his own people and is now in a position to threaten a significant % of the planet (largely because of the weakness shown by the UN and previous Presidents), and if it all turns to ****:

It's Trump's fault.

*shakes head*

16. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I don't think anyone's saying its Trumps 'fault'. Kim is undoubtably a nutter, but trying to match bluster with a nutter is probably not so wise either. There's also serious doubt about how real the threat is, but Trump is treating Kim like an equal or superior adversary. I don't think people are advocating appeasement as such, rather just look for cool heads to steer a path.

17. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's fine, and I'm certainly not advocating any military aggression (at this stage).

But the fact is, "cool heads" have got us where we are now in the sense that this nutjob has completely ignored the will of the world and continued to develop a nuclear potential as fast as possible. If he's not there yet (in terms of actually being able to deliver a warhead seccussfully), it's only a matter of time.

Appeasement clearly hasn't worked. I don't know what the answer is, but continuing to do the same thing the world has for the last 20 years would be utterly stupid.

And, by the way, you can be sure that the average Lefty IS going to blame Trump for whatever happens. We've already had some idiot say he should be charged with war crimes, FFS.
    What the?

18. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't think appeasement is the right word for the past history of how he and his father were treated by the west. But trump treats this guy like some animal on the side of the road and keeps poking him with a stick. if you just leave him the heck alone, and go on about your business everything is fine, but if you keep poking him eventually you will wish you hadn't.

19. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This guy is an animal. Are you aware of how he and his family have treated their own people?
    How many millions have unnecessarily starved because of these psychos?
    Not since Stalin / Pol Pot and a few others have we seen the likes of this.

He doesn't need to be poked with a stick. He needs to be run over with a semi-trailer before he gets much further.

It's an interesting quirk of timing that Trump is President at the same time as Kim is getting close to being a real threat on a global scale.
    Hopefully for the world in general (and the long suffering people of North Korea) it'll turn out to be a good quirk.

But in any case, blaming Trump for this situation is utterly pathetic.

20. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Meanwhile.... Iran is pleased the worlds attention is off of their nuclear program.

21. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enough. Nice Lefty diversion.

Most of their know-how comes from you lot.

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

It did not work for me the first time I tried it, no doubt blocked by some insidious Trump mechanism.

Now it works fine.

D

23. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Indeed. Obama's legacy, for which he'll never be held to account.

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

I know this is easy for me to say, but the big one ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Sending a big Roman candle up into the sky is a lot different than delivering a nuclear payload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk