Is Ford's efforts to turnaround Lincoln on the right track? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is Ford's efforts to turnaround Lincoln on the right track?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Westworld, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I saw the MKC compact crossover at an event this weekend. I'm digging it.

2. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    How many buyers are "car" people of luxury brands?

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I drove one last year. I was impressed with the appearance and I loved the interior.
    The car drove well but it was not sporting car to drive.

The CADDY Ctsv was a very good sporting car. Perfect for my fellow older guys who still want a little ZIP.

I like the exterior design better on the Lincoln. The dealer told me there was a sports car version you could buy. I think it was called the red car or had red badging but I may be mistaken.

I told them to call me if they had one in stock.

Best

Lee

4. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I believe that are coming out with a "Black Label" edition for their models.

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #55 jm2, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Some nice ideas there!
    I think Ford should make Lincoln/Continental a separate division; with access to corporate engineering where necessary (platform sharing?). Then design some cars like those your students did, and build a NEW audience; forget the "Lincoln owners"; they're dead or dying! ;-) Become a US alternative to Audi/MBZ/Maserati; low volumes to begin, building slowly. Do a Continental 2 door 'halo' car to start, with some bread & butter in the wings. Don't try to be a 'sports car', be an American GT/sedan. With corporate platform sharing, I think much of the DOT/NHTSA could be shared too, right?

Dream on, right?……….

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    +1
    That's certainly what I'd be lookin' at

8. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    they haven't been able to keep up with cadillac in a long time in my opinion though I preferred the navigator to the escalade. They've made improvements surely but overall I could care less if I were to buy luxury or my father cared what my opinion on the matter was (he's a big lincoln fan) I'd recommend cadillac

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They need to make cars with huge presence like the RR currently does with the Wraith. Caddy's Sixteen has that kind of feel (never seen it in person, but have the Wraith and feel it's probably just as huge) being it had the long hood, sleek lines, retro look. If they make a car like that and is RWD, high power (can be electric-gas hybrid)...they would get back on the radar quickly.

10. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    They need an Audi A4 like Audi had in the late 90s early 2000s. Completely turned the company around.......

11. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The new MKZ is a great car. Nice materials, neat options, and drives very nice. I think this one should sell like hot cakes we love ours.

12. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    What was Lincoln's last performance car?

13. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  14. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

#64 Tcar, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps like the old original Mercury Cougar, except there's no more Mercury to do the job...

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/lincoln-considering-mustang-based-sportscar-160001714.html

"The world of Lincoln Motor Company is a strange one. While its cars are rightfully good looking and full of promise, the final products rarely appear to hit the necessary marks to be successful.
    But there’s still hope. Early reviews are suggesting that the MKC crossover is actually pretty good, and now there are rumors teasing the idea of a Mustang-based sports coupe/sedan, which we wouldn’t mind in the least.

“We know we need added nameplates,” said global head of marketing, Matt VanDyke in an interview with Edmunds. “We know that we need to get into other segments with other vehicles.” And when it came down to it, VanDyke admitted that the platform of the 2015 Mustang was an idea that they definitely “won’t rule out.”

Alongside a Mustang-based Lincoln would be the addition of a fully redesigned MKX, a new MKS sedan, and a new MKT SUV. It’s a full onslaught of new Lincolns. Perhaps there is some life in this old brand after all!"

15. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    zzzzzzz.....

Lincoln needs to just go away... Ford needs to focus on Ford.

Same for GM... They should just focus on 'quality' for Chevy and Cadillac... And kill-off Buick and GMC.

All the brand-engineering seems like such a distraction and waste of money/focus.

16. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

That will NOT happen...

Buick is one of the biggest selling cars in the hottest market that GM has... China.

Buick is here to stay.

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  18. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

19. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
  20. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
  21. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    lincoln design is awful imho

has been for years

they new design looks like a Hyundai ripoff of a jag

22. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    all I kept thinking was Audi headlights meets Jag's girl.

23. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My parents went browsing last week with no intention to buy for at least another year and came home with a 2014 MKX. My mom loves it.

They actually left to look at the Ford Explorers and went back and got a great deal from what my dad said, in addition to getting more than he was hoping for their trade-in Hyundai.