Is Arista Networks A Young Cisco or a Fad | FerrariChat

Is Arista Networks A Young Cisco or a Fad

Discussion in 'Technology' started by F355 Fan 82, Mar 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    So I know there is a business/investment forum but this needed the advice of fellow tech guys,im looking at ANET, its a $20B co, obviously not small, not enormous. I wanted some others who know the space to poke some holes into my train of thought here. Forever and a day, the cisco ethernet switches and core ethernet switch/routers dominated. They were the mack trucks in a world of buggys ppl like HP, Extreme, A10 tried but no manager would risk job by buying non-cisco nobody would NOT buy Cisco for data center
    but Anet started with new internal software operated cloud from the ground up, and things like Cloud Foundry and OpenStack worked direclty with it and ppl moved this direction, with that said I think the growth opportunity is staggering

1) They own the cloud network stack

2) Everyday they take away from Cisco and JNPR for the Data Center leaf, edge, L2/3 and VXNet switches

3) They have 80% of IBM, MSFT, AMZN, GOOG, RackSpace new data center builds and are now going after EU/China

4) Obviously Cisco does firewalls, routers, switches, and WebEx, and they bought into and grew Telephony which was very very big for them