Is Alonso Insane? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Is Alonso Insane?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Oct 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    As we should all tell our children, just because someone else does it doesn't mean its right nor OK for you to do it too...

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Don't forget that MS was on the grassy knoll also....;)

3. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    I am in agreement.

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    100% correct.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    ok. then i agree with u. most ppl on the board accuse Schumi of being a cheater, yet they worship Senna, just because ' he did it with class ' , ' he admitted it ' etc etc.

as far as i'm concern, cheating's cheating. ur a cheat if u cheat, doesn;t matter if u own up to it or not.

it's like when u murder someone, u still murdered and commited a crime. whether or not u plead guilty, the judge's not gonna give u a less sentence, just because ' u did it with class ' and all that bullsh!t.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #106 amenasce, Oct 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #107 BMW.SauberF1Team, Oct 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Thank you very much for those pics. That reinforces my opinion of him as a man and a driver.

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Then why did FA looked so pissed on the podium????

10. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Seeing those pix of him at the weigh in makes up for him storming off after getting out of the car post-race. Still sounds a little crazy for him to be blaming Renault tho...

11. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ah, okay there -- It's "politic" to let the fans see you congratulate the winner, but under the circumstances I can see the delay. Schumi was jumping around a bit, so Alonso would have had to stand around waiting to get noticed.

Besides, with the helmets off it's easier to ask, "How the heck did that happen?!!" :D

I didn't expect FA to be celebrating on the podium.

I'm not sure how reliable some of these reports are -- they make great headlines, but only a damnfool would make some of the comments attributed to Alonso.

I still wonder, though, what was his issue with Doornbos in Friday practices? ;)

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    No problem. It's pretty funny how Speed TV's editing can make something seem one way when it's not really like that. Know what I'm saying?

F1 isn't as customary in the immediate post-race process imo like tennis is after a match. It's cusomtary for the two tennis players to walk to the net and shake hands after a match and THEN celebrate. In F1, you have guys jumping right out of the cars and running to their teammates. Sometimes the cars don't even pull up at the same time.

On top of that, it is fine for the competitor to wait for the winner to celebrate instead of interrupting to shake hands imo (Michael was literally jumping on his crew, LOL!).

It's pretty interesting to see the ITV coverage from the weigh-in to the waiting time to get annouced to walk to the podium. It's quite a bit of time. The drivers usually talk with eachother. It's not like there's a Shaq-Kobe sort of deal here.

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Yes, without a shadow of a doubt!

14. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
  15. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    What's interesting is that there's no by-line on that sportinglife article, and no attribution as to where and when those quotes occurred.

The Thursday FIA press conference was interesting. The Times was asking some pretty loaded (have you stopped beating your dog) questions. Button even objected to one of the questions to Alonso.

But it looks like Alonso is still annoyed that Renault didn't tell Fisi to "hold up" Schumi while Alonso worked on his pace issues. Drivers aren't always master tacticians, I guess. Or he's just miffed at how fast they both blew past him.

Which raises an interesting point for next year. With Ross and Schumi leaving Ferrari, and with Alonso no longer supported by Flavio, will the pit wall make more difference than the drivers?

... Is anyone else getting tired of Alonso using "for sure" three times in every sentence? ;)
    (Has Alonso been hanging out with Scott (surfer dude) Speed? :p)

16. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Once again, he's a sore looser. Damm shame, he could have been the next great one. Guess it'll be Kimi now, or Massa. I have a lot of faith in Massa.

17. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think you'll find that most non-British F1 drivers do this a lot. Michael uses 'honestly' a lot.

18. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    "for sure", "honestly": Is that like "Trust me."? ;)

Should Max invest in a F1 driver public speaking instructor? Or a thesaurus? :p
    ("surely", "positively", "assuredly", "certainly", "absolutely", "obviously", "roger that", "a-okay", and the ever popular, "yep"). ;)

19. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, have u guys noticed...FA always says the word ' confidence ' in every sentence.

' we were confident of beating michael today '
    ' we are confident we have the fastest car for tomoro's race'
    ' we are confident for the next 2 races '

20. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

They are speaking a second language :) We should be happy they're speaking English at all

21. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Well, I don't think Alonso talks to his Renault mechanics in Spanish. (Does Kimi speak Italian?)

(One interesting part about WRC coverage was seeing what common language the teams had for course notes.)

The Internet has gone a long way towards making English the global language.

Pity, because now they'll probably drop all language studies from US schools.

But I have to admit that even Kimi's English is better than my Finnish. ;)

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Well, most F1 teams are based in England so English would be the most common language. A few of the teams would have others like BMW Sauber, maybe Toyota, Ferrari somewhat, and definitely Super Aguri (LOL!).

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Michael learned Italian.

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You sure about that?

At least a couple of years ago it was rather basic. He did speak a few words in Italian at the car unveiling, but I wouldn't really count that as a 2nd language. Dunno whether he improved since.

25. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i think so. i remember reading reports back in 2000 saying that Michael was taking Italian language classes, that was after he was crowned champion.