Is All but my Life by Moss worth anything if missing slip cover? | FerrariChat

Is All but my Life by Moss worth anything if missing slip cover?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, Aug 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I found it at a book sale, First American edition by Putnam in '57. Has black and white photos. hardbound. i don't know how one finds a slipcover for an out of print book. Wish i would have had it for him to autograph when I used to run into him in Manhattan beach. But sometimes he autographed just with an "S" not his full name

2. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I don't know a value, but I might be interested, if your still near Manhattan Beach

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Unsigned copys are not worth that much. I have a signed copy from 63' when he just was recuperating..... my Dad got it autographed. his signature is pretty small - & it was in Pencil so its pretty clear but small. usually he signed Stirling...

I think you can find books with cover at $200 - to $100 and down. paper back for like $20.

signed copies now? who knows?

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Check sources like abebooks for comparables. I wouldn’t think it’s worth very much. Moss signed a lot of stuff including my copy of A Turn at the Wheel which he signed while he was recuperating in Ft. Lauderdale from his Goodwood crash. His pre-crash signature was different from post-crash and is said to fetch more because there are far fewer of them extant.

5. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    I have a leather bound book in a heavy slip cover entitled "FERRARI 250 GT Sperimentale N^o 2643". As the title indicates, the text is only in Italian. Stirling Moss is stated to be the author (which I find somewhat hard to believe). Once upon a time (actually at the caldera whose original contents made the mesas around Los Alamos NM), I asked Moss if he would sign the book. Sign the title page and the two pages that prominently displayed his photo. This he did writing out "Stirling Moss", but in a very small script. As I was pointing out the pages to be signed, a friend took photographs of Moss, the pen, and the book each time that he signed. Now there are 8.5 X 11 copies of these photos placed in the book where he signed. Anyone have any idea what the book is worth?

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops