News

Is 812 chassis that soft?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso/F12/812S' started by RallyLT, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Rookie

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If the rear of the car floats, that's a pretty clear indication that it needs some more toe. Adding just 2-3 minutes per side can make a big difference in straight line stability.

Shack and of2worlds like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Swapped to the Michelin MPS4S for the summer, and what a difference. Certainly a lot better than the Pirelli tires, and more grip than the Continental all seasons.

I’ve got an appointment to get novitec springs installed in 2 weeks as well as an alignment. Looking forward to seeing how it performs in the corners after.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  4. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tires, Tires, Tires. I have an F12 along with several mid engine V8 Ferrari's and I really did not like the F12 when I picked it up. I loved the power but the car made me nervous. I waited way to long and then with a wheel spin and rear wheel hopping problem on the F12 I finally trashed the original Pirelli tires ( I hate to throw away tires with that much tread remaining but...) The Michelin tires transformed the car. So much better. I ask myself why would Ferrari do that to me? I assume they think we are all going to just tootle around on the roads with a 12 cylinder front engine car. I am a disciple now for tire conversions. Just FYI.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ

Jul 19, 2006
    FL and NC
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I had exact same experience with my F12.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Rookie

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think there are currently two very simple reasons. The first is F1. The other is the fact that Pirelli is Italian.

Funny thing is how few Ferraris run their best Fiorano times with Pirellis, not to mention the fact that the F1 drivers call the Pirelli tyres for crap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.