Is 20th Century Fox going to do any shooting for Ford Vs. Ferrari at Monterey? | FerrariChat

Is 20th Century Fox going to do any shooting for Ford Vs. Ferrari at Monterey?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, Jul 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    So far the filmers of "Ford vs. Ferrari" (working title only) have indicated they are shooting in four different California counties,

Kern
    Orange
    Santa Rosa
    San Bernardino counties
    But they didn't say Monterey county.

They are also filming in New Orleans (interiors) and France (hey, the movie is about LeMans) but I can't believe they will pass up the chance to shoot some of the GT40s and Sixties Ferraris that will be at Monterey for either the vintage races or concours. On the other hand, they would want any people in the background to be wearing "period" dress (no carrying smart phones, which weren't invented yet) so maybe they should film on Monday so they can issue the right clothes and have all the modern cars in the pits gone.

I don't know which American location is doubling for Italy, but I'd like to know because my feeling is that Italy is Italy and no pale American imitation will do. Maybe Napa Valley?

Anybody who hears anything on shooting dates and locations, keep us posted, there's lot of Ferrari fans that want to see the filming...