Ipod Connection in a 599... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ipod Connection in a 599...

Discussion in '612/599' started by 1445111, Oct 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    That explains it, thanks guys!

2. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    This is all very useful info. Thanks Jerry.

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Thanks, I wondered why it was necessary to reboot the ipod so often...Malcolm

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i just got an 09 612 and QP. The ipod nano prevideo works flawlessly on both cars. My old ipod from a couple years ago and my brand new itouch dont work...they get lost...the cable does not charge the i touch but it does charge the old ipod and the nano. I dont know if a new nano with video works because i dont have one. fwiw.

5. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Btw- Ive made a few changes to the eq- most notably Im running the compression on. This is against what an audiophile would normally do but it does sound better.

6. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    #31 FJerry, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    Makuono likes this.
  7. sfeigin

sfeigin Rookie

Aug 9, 2007
    there is a fix to the problem where the iphone or late model ipod is not charged by the built-in adapter. Go to www.cablejive.com and buy the thing they call a "charge converter". I also got an extension cable so I don't have to open the glove box and put my iphone in there. I usually forget to take it out. The cable isn't elegant,but it does allow me to keep the phone on the seat or in the center console.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the nano doesnt work flawlessly. after living with it for a few weeks the bose system loses the nano too. u have to disconnect and reconnect it for it to show up in the menu. same in the qp...

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wwofcars reinstalled the bose software 2.0 in the 612 and for 2 days its working perfectly. theyre working on the QP now.

10. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Here I made an iPhone Dock for my 599 and I have the proper cords to hook up to your existing iPOD connector. Fixes the darn thing so it works in your 599 and charges your iphone now I have a good nav, sat radio app works amazing and it takes 5 mon to put in NO drilling no mods.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/mrmpx/Ferrari%20599%20GTB/

11. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    Hello, I have a question, which IPod model can be connected in the glove box?

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My wife has the iPod Classic and I can tell you that works.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    They all work in my 612oto....even my iphone 11

Makuono likes this.
  14. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    understand that connect the equipment through the adapter? Are there Ipad models with a 30 pin socket, or do you need to use such an adapter.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Older iPods (from the era of the car itself) use the 30 pin plug - that's why its there !

16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My strong suggestion is to buy a Bovee bluetooth adapter, which plugs into the 30-pin connector, and then just use bluetooth audio. The problem with modern iPhones is not that they work, but that they are convenient to have access to in the cabin. Also, you don't want to be using the car's audio controls to figure out which track to play.

599_GTO likes this.
  17. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Is this the correct Bovee adapter?

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6

I have a DockLinQ Pro adapter and it doesn't work with the Ferrari 6112 iPod OEM adapter on my 2009 F430 since the factory iPod hook up is a "smart" one that is talking to the iPod to give access to play lists and such. Does the Bovee let you use the radio to browse music on your iPhone just like if you were using an Apple 30 pin to lightening adapter?

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

18. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that is the right one.

On my Bose, it does show the playlists, so yes, I could browse the music if I chose (but it's so much easier to use the iPhone interface that I never do).