Invitation to Cars and Coffee, Tulsa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Invitation to Cars and Coffee, Tulsa

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mrdezyne, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Huge thanks to you guys that made it out for our first meet for 2010! I can see this thing growing every month into something really great. Participation is the name of the game and you guys ponied up. Thanks.

I can see how our current location will be too small in the very near future to continue holding the meet there. If anyone has any ideas for a new location please feel free to send them my way. I'll start something on the Facebook page where we can list possible new sites.

Thanks again to:
    Randy, Deon, Matt, and Tim (I appologize if i forgot someone or have a wrong name listed, met many new people today), looking forward to seeing you guys at future meets...

2. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    April 17th is our next meet, thats right this coming Saturday. Hope to see you guys out there again!

Curt

3. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yeah for springtime in Oklahoma.... 70% chance of standing in the rain this Saturday. Will most likely one week till the 24th. Any questions feel free to shoot me an email.

[email protected]

4. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #29 mrdezyne, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Meet has been postponed until the 24th but I wanted to take a minute to invite you all to something else coming up in May.

Our BMW club is hosting a Euro Car Show and benefit for "The Little Lighthouse". All monetary proceeds will go directly to the Charity as well as collected items in the form of "Blessing Baskets" ( http://www.littlelighthouse.org/blessingbaskets.html ).

Date: May 22nd
    Time: 2pm - 8:30pm
    Location: Downtown Broken Arrow, on the bricks at the newly built Farmers Market Pavilion.
    Car entry fee: $20
    Spectators free.

Awards presented, live music that evening.

We ask that anyone attending please collect the items to make up one complete Blessing Basket as listed below in addition to your $20 entry fee. If you have any questions or for pre-registration information please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thank you all, we hope to make this a great event for a great local charity...

Cleaning Needs:
    • Kleenex
    • Dishwasher detergent
    • Air freshener (light scent)
    • Clorox Wet wipes
    • Pine Sol
    • Vinyl gloves
    • Mop & Glow floor cleaner

Kitchen Needs:
    • Clear Plastic ware
    • Hand towels for kitchen – Mauve colored
    • Wash cloths for kitchen – Mauve colored
    • Zip lock bags – (qt, gal, jumbo)
    • Tall Kitchen Garbage bags

Classroom and Office Needs:
    • Copy Paper
    • Manila File Folders
    • Manila & padded envelopes
    • Blank DVDR, DVD, CD
    • Scotch tape
    • Paper clips
    • Glossy Photo Paper
    • Duct Tape
    • Poster Board
    • Card stock
    • Batteries (D, AA, AAA, 9Volt)
    • Packing tape
    • Glue sticks( non purple)
    • 1” & 2” adhesive backed Velcro
    • Industrial strength Velcro
    • Printer Ink Cartridges -- HP 56, HP 57

Classroom Snacks:
    • Cheetos
    • Soft cookies
    • Apple sauce cups
    • Pudding cups
    • Jello cups
    • Newman’s O’s organic
    * chocolate cookies
    • Fruit Juice, 100% juice with no sugar or high fructose corn syrup added
    • Goldfish crackers, whole wheat
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #30 mrdezyne, Apr 23, 2010
    Yes we are a go for tomorrow morning. Looks like the rain is moving out and it will be a nice cool morning to enjoy a cup o joe.

Look for our new banners that will be marking our territory! :)

6. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Sorry I missed it gents- cub scout outing at Lake Keystone- how was the turnout?

7. paulfromtulsa

paulfromtulsa Rookie

Dec 25, 2009
    when are you guys getting together again?

8. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Next meet is this Saturday the 15th from 9 till noon, weather permitting. If we get rained out join us the following Saturday 22nd in Broken Arrow at the charity car show. Scroll up a few threads to see the info on the show.

Hope to see you there this Saturday!

Curt

9. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Dont think I will be able to make it. But hopefully the next one I will.

10. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Seems to be a repeating theme here, C&G is postponed due to Saturday 15th weather.

Next C&G will be on June 19th. BUT you can join us on Saturday the 22nd for the Charity Car show in Broken arrow.

11. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Weather looks good for this Saturday! It seems like it has been a while since we have been able to get together, hope you all can make it out this weekend. Randy, is that Countach ready for this Saturday the 19th?

12. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #39 mrdezyne, Jun 14, 2010
    If anyone is ever interested in donig a photo shoot of your vehicle, we have a club member that is very talented and has some great equipment to do rolling shots. Neil can come up to C&G any month if you have any interest in doing a shoot, pick your location or set up another time to meet with him. He is from OKC so weekends are best. He is looking for subjects to work with and build his portfolio so now is the time to schedule a shoot on the cheap.

A few recent shots from the Stroud Wine Festival and Car Show this past Saturday...

13. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    9-noon this saturday the 19th of June, we will be there...

14. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #41 mrdezyne, Jun 21, 2010
  15. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Looks like a great turnout! Sorry I missed it!

Wondering if anyone would ever be up for an early evening meet on Friday's after work? I try to take full advantage of the little time I have at the lake during the Summer, so the only time on the weekends that really works for me is Friday evening before I leave town... either that, or later on Sunday evenings.

Anyways, bummed I missed out... looks like some flashy red is needed in the middle of all those silver Mercedes! :)

16. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey Matt,
    I hear ya about the lake, we have a place across from Shangrila in Court House Hollow and try to get up there every weekend during the summer months. Using this first year of C&G as a learning experience we can make changes to the schedule moving forward to accomodate the majority of participants.

There was some talk of a fall drive after a meet. I've followed a great little trail from Locust Grove up through Salina and Spavina to Jay and then down to Tahlequah for lunch, lots of twists and turns and great pavement. I'll post details the closer we get.

17. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA

I'm IN! I think that is what we are really missing too... a fun drive! Looking at the cars is cool, but driving them is what it is all about. Granted, the spectators can't really share/enjoy the ride/drive like we can... but still... if my car isn't in the garage, I wanna be in it and hearing the exhaust notes and pushing it to the limit!

BTW, we are at Gran Tara, but you can catch me in dripping springs or party cove almost every weekend! :)

18. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    One week away...
    July 17th is the next scheduled C&G, this is your heads up...

Working on settng up a drive on Sept 18th...

19. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    This coming Saturday! See you all there...

20. SuperCars92

SuperCars92 Rookie

Jul 11, 2010
    Tulsa
    so when is the next event?

21. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    There is a "car show / steak cook off" downtown on Saturday the 28th.

This is probably your best chance to see the majority of Tulsa and surrounding area exotic cars.

I think I heard that there are gonna be like 70 of us there..

Lots of Ferraris and Lambos, along with lots of others.

22. SuperCars92

SuperCars92 Rookie

Jul 11, 2010
    Tulsa
    It sounds cool and I wish I could come, but I go to Germany on Monday for 2 weeks. So I can't join, and I was wondering if there is something going on this weekend.
    But thanks for the info.

23. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Nuts! Sorry I missed the steak cookout, I was in the middle of coming back from Taipei. I'll look for a pics thread, was there a good turnout?

Next C&G will be Sept 18th. We are also having our first annual drive which is a nice little 4-5 hour tour through some eastern Oklahoma two lane twisties. I have a prosposed route posted on the facebook page (Caffiene and Gasoline).

June and July meets were freakishly hot so we postponed the August meet due to the heat. This next meet in Sept should be a great time for good weather and a very scenic and fun drive. I encourage you all to make it out in September!

Curt