Inverted sit ups. Need some advice on equipment. | FerrariChat

Inverted sit ups. Need some advice on equipment.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mr. Francesco, Feb 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    So apparently I'm not aloud to do inverted sit ups at my gym anymore. Management told me that some of the membership base was complaining about me doing them (which I think is BS), but regardless, I miss doing this workout.

This is somewhat similar to how I would do them at my gym, except I was using the Shoulder Press Machine instead of using a Squat Rack like this guy in the below video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGahJc80L8k&feature=related[/ame]

Other than gravity boots, is there any other type of equipment on the market that will allow me to do inverted sit ups at home or at the gym safely?

2. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    There are so many much better abdominal exercises than this; why would you want to do this? The guy in the video does this completely wrong (motion, no tension while fully extended, speed, ect.). Just use an ab crunch machine instead.

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Ever tried hanging leg raises where your feet go all the way up to the bar (no elbow straps, BTW)? You won't miss inverted crunches for long, and if you do it's certainly not because of the ineffectiveness of the leg raises!

Also -- if the pull up bar version places unusual stress on your shoulders, try using parallel bars or gymnast's rings instead of hanging. The latter is a great core workout!

4. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I use the ab crunch machine enough as it is.

I do these every now and then.