Introduction, any TR/512TR owners in New England? | FerrariChat

Introduction, any TR/512TR owners in New England?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 71veedub, Oct 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hi everyone, figured finally time to introduce myself... I joined ferrarichat nearly 15 years ago, met up with a group north of Boston a few times, and have posted a couple times since then, but have mostly been lurking all this time.

My first "fun" cars were Porsches, a 1988 928 bought in 1999, and a 1996 993tt bought in 2005, and I still own both. I also picked up a 1999 550 Maranello in 2015, and had long thought I wanted an F355b to complete the collection. But when my brother in law, who lives nearby, bought an F355b himself, it seemed silly for us to have two, and eventually I decided a 512tr might be the most interesting alternative.

So that brought me here.. and I've been lurking a little more actively over the last year or so. I managed to actually see a 512tr close-up for the first time over Christmas last year, while visiting my in-laws in the Chicago area, at a dealer showroom, and was able to sit in it. But have never driven, ridden in, or even heard a TR/512TR run. So I'm wondering if anyone on here is in New England and would be willing to show me theirs, and possibly take me for a ride to get a bit of a feel for it as I am starting to look for one more seriously.

In the next few days I will probably get to see one of two TR's a guy I know locally stores for a friend at his home shop, but they are both being serviced so no chance to get a ride.

I'm a bit north of Boston, near the NH border.. and would be willing to drive a few hours for the chance to see one if anyone here is willing..

thank you so much,
    Greg

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #2 dgt, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Greg,
    I have a ‘92 512TR and will be heading to western MA and up to NH near Keene tomorrow.
    I won’t have alot of time as going with a few others but PM me your number and I’ll see if we can work something out.
    This is my car

Andrew

sixcarbs likes this.
  3. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you Andrew, I send you a message.