Intermittent cabin fan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Intermittent cabin fan

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by JIMBO, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino

turbo-joe likes this.
  2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    A "non glow fuse" is just a regular standard fuse (Jim misread your question).

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    turbo-joe likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Some folks have converted them to jpg files which seem to offer better printing possibilities, but you need a good graphics converter (Adobe Photoshop or similar. Gimp?). I just use the digital versions on an iPad. The coloured lines are generally clear enough to allow you to follow the circuits without resorting to writing on paper diagrams. The only problem I've had is where there are multiple relays in the circuit doing different things at different times, in which case paper diagrams can be better. You can, however, open up the digital versions in a basic graphics editor and add notes and lines as required.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Without a Workshop manual, it will be difficult to say where the switch is or if it even exists. The power path is clear, however, normally coming from relay "B". This relay is controlled by the ECU. The ECU knows when the airconditioning has been commanded on, the selections made, the temperature at the evaporator, the outlet vent and in the cabin. Oddly, I don't see an outside air temperature sensor on this car (unlike the 348, 355, 550, etc). Also, I don't see any input from the engine ECUs.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thank you steve
    never heard then of a glow fuse.
    so learning again here in this great forum new things :)