Interlagos lost, viva Rio! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interlagos lost, viva Rio!

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Oct 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was at the race in 88... not a fun place. Rio was nice but there was so much poverty. The track was not that great actually, very hot - no shade, and it was a hike to get there. If I was Rio Id' make a street circuit along the beach boulevards... bring back some mistique - switch every other year with Sao Paulo. But Brazil has to stay on the calendar. its a fixture in the GP world. I wish they would bring back Argentina as well.

Flavio_C likes this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I meant that track layout was great, not the facilities.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think the track was a bit boring ... but you could get a good rhythm in it. I race both tracks in Asseto Corsa... I love the old interlagos... its a long FAST track. you do 20 laps there ... you feel like you have driven somewhere.

Flavio_C likes this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Old Interlagos is awesome.

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yes, its like two tracks in one. the outer part is super fast and you need a good top gear to get around, then hard braking and the inner track is a combo of fast 4th & 5th and then really tight 2nd gear stuff. in the 312T its pretty easy, in a Lotus 72 or any cosworth i find it harder to get a good rhythm as the gear ratios are hard to get right. the torque of a V-12 shows.

Flavio_C likes this.
  6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I can't find any news in English but it seems that Interlagos won't happen this year again. This time not because of COVID, but because the shady nature of the new organizer. It has a registered capital of only $20.00, never organized a single sports event, and has an intricate net of ownership spanning many tax havens.