355 - Interior | FerrariChat

355 Interior

Discussion in '348/355' started by tmmonks, Jan 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmmonks

tmmonks Rookie

Nov 2, 2011
    i want to correct the sticky interior pieces in my 355. What are the plus and minus between having them cleaned or replaced. Any recommendations of companies that can provide both services would be appreciated.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

1. Restored properly? Tons of upside... like they'll never be a gooey/gross mess again.
    2. Replacing with new switches? Zero upside (except for folks like me who sell parts). New parts from Ferrari will go sticky again, in short order, and you'll have the same gross mess.

Bottom line: have your pieces refinished properly from a 3rd party or DIY if you're able.

p.s. On the other hand, I'd kinda like to go out for a pizza tonight with my family. So, yeah... buy some new switches.

mymelody12, MK1044, WATSON and 7 others like this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Buying original replacements will be massively expensive and will fail again. As Daniel said there is ZERO upside.

The best refinishing bar none is from StickyRX . Their processes, quality, and attention to detail is nowhere near on the same planet as any of the other options. They do take a little longer and cost a little more but you'll never regret it once you see their work in the flesh.

4. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Robbie at sticky no more is a good source. I have dealt with him on several occasions and he is awesome. Not to mention mentally stable.

PeteyP and PhilB like this.
  5. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Carplastix likes this.
  6. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is 100% correct. Do your homework. StickyRX is the only company that can offer a correct and permanent solution to soft touch coating failure (sticky interior parts).

JAM1 likes this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    StickyRX

JAM1 likes this.
  8. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    StickyRX. In my experience. Professional, honest, reliable, helpful.

JAM1 likes this.
  9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    StickyRX is my go to. Dave has gone out of his way to help me numerous times. He's a huge asset to the F355 community.

GTUnit and JAM1 like this.
  10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    LOL!!!!! Thanks

11. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Send us an email with any of your sticky needs, reasonable prices, fast turnaround,permanent solution--unlike what others may say, you will never have to revisit this issue again after we refinish the parts. No waiting months for overpriced work...

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I happen to have SNM parts, some came on my car when I bought it and then I bought spare parts from them pre-finished. I wish they had come this way from Ferrari.

13. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Robbie at Sticky No More just did my 348 LH side A/C vent. Lightening fast turn around, great price and very happy with the work!

14. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Can you post a photo of that vent?

15. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I have StickyRx pieces in my car and have seen cars with Sticky No More's handiwork. If you want absolute perfection, have the budget and time, StickyRx is the way to go. If you have a driver, want the sticky parts redone well, expect a faster turnaround time and have perhaps a tighter budget, then Sticky No More. The appropriate vendor depends on one's expectations.

GTUnit and JAM1 like this.
  16. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    There are lots of dudes doing this type of work. As I’ve said, I had great experience with Robbie at Sticky no more and tons of other guys on this site have also. On two complete car redos. I’m not a budget kinda guy either. I wouldn’t say one is better than the other. I’ve seen good work from at least 4 different shops before I made my decision.

Thankfully there are lots of good options out there. The top 4 places doing this do a great job it all comes down to how much you want to give the guy.
    Laser etch this and precision blah that, my vents and switches are perfect after 4 years of heavy and hot use.
    No drama, no BS, no crap, Robbies the man. Treats his employees like gold too. His status here on ferrarichat and ferrari life are impeccable as his work. Honest and reasonable with zero drama. The man has character.

285ferrari likes this.
  17. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You do know that the factory laser etches the parts, right? Per a conversation with Dave, you asked him to refinish your parts and he refused? These threads and their participants amuse me.

JAM1 and PTG1 like this.
  19. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

20. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #20 Jon Von Bon, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020

The factory does a great job don’t they?

Don’t hold me having class against me.

Robbie is a distinguished member here.

Your guy is forever banned. Why?

And a guy who can’t get a date with a chick unless he’s picking up all of the tabs for her and hers kids,... OUCH.

As I mentioned. Exclusion of Drama etc....

The thread came up, I have added my experience....

I’m glad I amuse you. Thanks for your contribution Richard.

21. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There is a long thread on why Dave was banned, where's yours? I should make the reason for my input clear, although Dave is a Friend of mine, Its most important to me that the information and advice on Fchat is as honest and helpful as possible for the benefit of the Ferrari community, I don't want someone coming to this site in search of information or advice, being miss-lead down the wrong path and spending their hard earned money only to be disappointed.

22. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #22 GerryD, Jan 27, 2020
    This Sunday is the Super Bowl 2020 and it will be shown on many big screens all around America. Im sure there are still some that will watch it on a 28" Sony Trinitron. I will be watching it on a BIG screen. Getting your interior sticky parts done is just as simple a choice and that's why Sticky RX is the way to go. Sure some will go for the other choice but thats probably because they have never seen a BIG screen yet.

23. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

I don’t think anyone has been disappointed by dealing with Robbie at Sticky No More. There is great value there with thousands of satisfied customers which needs no explaining or excuses.

You have illustrated your choice. Others should understand that you do not need to wait nor be taken advantage of to recieve a good and long lasting product treatment.

Everyone on here knows Fabio does the best exhaust. It’s where everyone in the know goes. I will be ordering mine on the spring. Despite the financial arrangements of this site (and frankly fab should just pay up) but in the world of stickies fixes, it is not sophisticated or complicated like the art of someone like Fabio.

For reliable, no drama, in and out long lasting service Robbie from sticky no more is your man.

If your a wanka or wanna be wanka or wanka follower, deal with Dave.

You have a choice.

24. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #24 GerryD, Jan 27, 2020
    Is that why some of Robbies work has shown up at Daves to be re-done? As for your 2nd last line....sounds kinda childish. I have seen both and there is no comparison. Daves shop is immaculate and is set up for this work. He has spared no expense and has a great staff. His equipment is amazing and worth hundreds of thousands. If you have a bone to pick with Dave, that is another thread but when it comes to comparing his work to the others, well its no contest and I think you know that already.

25. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Gerry, I think you may have been at my house a time or two I can’t remember. If you have, you know who I am. If lalonek is your guy great. Maybe when lalonek has been in business as long as Robbie we will se fix options. OUCH after you paid that kind of dough.

I have my opinion of lalonek but it’s irrelevant, Robbie has done a good job for me. And many others. It’s a simple as that.
    The thread is named “interior” and referring to sticky referbishment of parts. No need to WAR. letbpeople state their opinions and experiences.