Interior restoration help!!! | FerrariChat

Interior restoration help!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Teenferrarifan, Dec 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Has anyone rebuilt an interior? If so about how long would it take to put carpet, seats, and headliner in a 2 passanger alpine? I have the chance to buy a kit car with a honda s2000 engine on an renault alpine shell. The car is painted and only needs an interior. How much could it be done WELL for?
    Erik

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I can't help on the interior side of things Erik but oh do those S2000 engines sound good. Sounds like an interesting project.

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I have a chance to buy this car cheap! I am trying to get an idea of long and much money I will need to put into it. Also, how hard is it to register a kit car? and get insurance on it?
    Erik

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    You mean an Alpine A110? If so, wow, cool car!

Would you want to use original Alpine interior pieces or have some custom made from scratch? Honestly, I think it would be less expensive to have panels/pieces made from scratch, than to import OEM stuff from France. There are very few suppliers out there and expect it to be expensive.

I would suggest vinyl or cloth upholstery to keep costs down.

I'm taking a wild guess, but expect to pay over a $1000 to do an interior with either of those materials. Just my wild guess, I've never had to do an interior before.

Registering and licencing it all depends on your local state laws. Expect to have it inspected at a DMV/DOT station and you may have to have it polution tested (be prepared to fail that, unless you manage to squeeze the emissions equip./cats into that tight rear-engine bay!).

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Peter yeah thats it an alpine A110. I know I can pass the emissions test :). It is a cool car in corvette yellow.
    Erik