Interesting F40 replica | FerrariChat

Interesting F40 replica

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by MD355, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Check out what this guy in Sweden built :

I am against replica cars, however, it is interesting to see the amount of effort he put in recreating the legendary F40...

anunakki and 89forever like this.
  2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Nice build, lots of work. Alot of aspects are pretty far off obviously but close enough to the mark to be respected.

Ferrari will no doubt be after him shortly.

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Why would Ferrari be after him? its a one off which anyone is allowed to do, just not produce commercially claiming it to be an original.

He bought the badges from them and can stick them on whatever he wants, again Ferrari have no control over that

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Well, while I appreciate the efforts of this guy and his dedication to build his dream car, if he really pushes for publicity in this replica kit car, he will rightfully be sued by Ferrari... Clearly Ferrari & Pininfarina spent a great deal of resources in the development of this car and the shape is intelectual property of Ferrari... All car manufactures "borrow" ideas, but to make an exact copy and promote it publicly I thing is wrong... If however, this guy stays off Ferrari's radar, I think he should be ok !!!

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Ferrari have no grounds to sue him, its not an exact replica and they hold no property rights to the F40 design, and even if they did they will now have exceeded any EU deadline.

Furthermore In EU law you can produce a limited number of exact replicas of anything for your own personal use regardless.

Ferrari can however spend lots of money of fancy lawyers threatening to do such, causing him to have to do the same.

This car has been in the public domain for a long time, I first saw it online way back in probably 2012 so if they have not hassled him by now they never will.

turbo-joe likes this.
  6. George H.

George H. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    George Hoover
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    would be interesting what engine is inside

8. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD

Part 2 - It shows the Audi V8 turbo engine !!! It was designed for 928 engine, but in the end the Audi was more compact !! Very cool project !!!

turbo-joe likes this.
  9. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Shoot people have installed the Audi V8 in a Boxster... non-turbo... compact.

10. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Watch this F40 replica in action !!!!!!!!!!!

anunakki likes this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Wow! That car seems to be really fast..perhaps faster then the real deal?

MD355 likes this.