INformations about the "208 Turbos" and "Turbo intercooler" sold new in Portugal | FerrariChat

INformations about the "208 Turbos" and "Turbo intercooler" sold new in Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by nerofer, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Hello owners from Portugal,

Our friend "Alberto LP" from Italy is looking for information about the Ferraris "208 Turbo" and the later variant , the "Turbo" for short (= Turbo Intercooler, equivalent to the 328) sold in Portugal.
    Were the cars sent to Portugal directly by the factory, or were these imported from Italy by a Portuguese importer?
    Anyone has an idea of the total numbers of cars sold in Portugal?

Rgds

2. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

I actually recently learned about that car; I don't believe that we had that power train in the US market.

I found some for sale in EU as I'm looking for a car there.

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Hi guys, fancy meeting you here! :D

As far as your question goes:

If I'm not mistaken, the first time there was an official Ferrari importer/dealer in Portugal was in the late 1980s, with the appearance of Viauto (in the city of Porto, northern Portugal), courtesy of Comendador Joaquim Calém.

Before that (1950s-1960s), private individuals ordered cars directly from the factory (Mr. João Gaspar, Mr. Vasco Sameiro to name perhaps the most notorious).

I've also heard that in between (1960-1987/1988), the FIAT group dealership network was also able to import Ferraris upon special request, but I can't vouch for that.

With regards to Ferrari cars and the Ferrari brand in Portugal, Tiago (F430Modena) is the person you need: he posesses an encyclopedical, comprehensive, detailed and unsurpassed knowledge in these matters, and always goes the extra mile to help a Ferrarista in need!

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    A big thank you, Nuno; will tell Alberto about this, as it clears the importation scheme. Now we must find how many cars were imported.

Rgds

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you all!!

Ciao

6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Nerofer,

You're welcome. I've learned a lot from you ever since I first registered and continue to learn. Therefore, it's a pleasure to be of service to you at least once!

Please let me know if there's anyone you'd like me to talk to, or if you need anything from the portuguese dealer in Lisbon (I live some 20 minutes from them).

Ciao Alberto, non c'è di che! Se hai bisogno di qualcosa da Portogallo, sarà un piacere aiutarti.

Distinti saluti!

Nuno.

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Ciao, Nuno. per il momento siamo a posto, ho saputo quello che volevo, ssia che le 208 turbo erano vendute solo qui in Italia e poi importate in Portogallo (e forse anche in Grecia)

ciao

Alberto

PS
    Tu ci vieni, qui a Maranello, l' 8-9-10 Settembre per i festeggiamenti dei 70 anni della Ferrari?

8. 308Pedro

308Pedro Rookie

Jul 23, 2015

There was a company based in Lisbon that acted as importer during 83-84-85, named Guerin.
    Fiat dealerships also imported cars before Viauto was established.

Ciao

jorge da cruz likes this.