Ineos Grenadier | FerrariChat

Ineos Grenadier

Discussion in 'British' started by cls, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    How very interesting (and not just because the Grenadier used to be one of my regular watering holes when I lived in London).

I watched two of the videos and everything about them - the looks of the vehicle and the ethos behind the design - screamed "LAND ROVER", but they studiously avoided mentioning it throughout!

Land Rover left a gap in the market when they dropped the Defender, and this is clearly intended to fill that gap. It very much looks and sounds like "son of Defender", which must be a good thing. Sir Jim Ratcliffe is a very successful industrialist and entrepreneur, and I am inclined to believe that anything behind which he puts his resources and his enthusiasm, is likely to be a success.

I loved my Defender too, except it wasn't called a Defender, just a Land Rover:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    From what I was reading, they are aiming for a very reasonable price point too ($30-$40k US.)

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

So did they acquire all the tooling, etc. for the Defender?

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I read that they did not and made their own tooling.

6. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    Hoping to revive this thread , i just picked up my Grenadier!!! anyone else on this forum get one?? what are your impresions so far??

boxerman likes this.
  7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

What are your impressions please.

8. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I see them around Houston pretty often. Looks cool.

9. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    It's definitely not for everyone. True ladder on frame truck. Not an SUV. Drives pretty good up to about 85 mph. then its a strain on the motor, as this is a very heavy vehicle. On road manners need driver to be involved at al times. interior design is very nice but not luxurious. very industrial. very supportive recaro seats, but no recline. climate control and heated seats are very good. build quality initially seems very high. Brembo brakes are superb for this truck great feel and strong grip.
    awesome high driving position. Also if you don't like talking to strangers , beware. attention magnet anywhere you go. Personally i love it for what it is.
    a real truck built for off road use. If you want a cruiser for long trips, this is not for you. but for getting around town and off roading it is awesome!

Bluebottle likes this.