Indy area drives | FerrariChat

Indy area drives

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by brian.s, Dec 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    New Year approaching, Bill Eisler and I are planning a couple of pre drive season events/gatherings, open to suggestions. Also may host occasional Sat AM gatherings through the year at differing venues to keep it fresh. We would like to hear any place/time/event suggestions. Probably cast a little further afield to try and include our southern and northern friends. Time to freshen up and stretch those car legs!

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    How about an Indy area Christmas party? Meet someplace for dinner after work in the next few days and plan the season in person. Invite FC and MWSCC folks as that's where all the drive activity comes from.

3. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    I really like this idea. I am on "grandbaby alert" otherwise I would host it at my house. If I am available, I will absolutely attend.

4. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks Chris, that was on my list! Thanks Bill and Bill, might be a short notice but I am only closing out my books next week, a respite from that would be welcome! If not maybe a 'hungover' lunch on New Years Day?

5. Volair

Volair Karting

Apr 11, 2013
    Carmel, Indiana
    Full Name:
    Bart

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in Chris.

6. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Looks like we are planning a 'meet and greet' at my shop April 4th. a Porsche Club breakfast event primarily, trying to have a few oddball things displayed, maybe a GrandAm car, Justin Grant's Sprintcar weather permitting. Long's Donuts (of course) and beverages.

7. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    I am definitely planning to attend the 4/4 Meet and Greet at Autocar Sports & Classics! Anyone else planning to attend?

8. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sounds great, a good opportunity to see the facilities and meet with Chris, he's a great guy. Unfortunately, I probably cannot make it tomorrow. Thanks Chris

9. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Marc Rienehart, owner of Long's Bakery dropped by to confirm he is providing the best do-nuts in Indiana for this April 4th event, unfortunately he himself will be in Vegas and so cannot bring along one of his very impressive toys. Still hoping for Wayne Taylor Racing to bring the DP car to display.

10. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'm in. Thanks for hosting this event.

11. 1guy

1guy Rookie

May 25, 2014
    kansas city
    Full Name:
    bill
    Where is your shop located?

12. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm on the west side iof Indianapolis, near the airport. Welcome any and all to drop in anytime.