Indy 500 Spoiler | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Indy 500 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yzee, May 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thad, I'm glad you had a good time. It's a special place in a down year.

Paul has kept this "I won" thing alive in a WWF kind of a way for all these years. Even if he was leading when the caution came out, you revert to the lap before. Period, and this is not unique to Indy racing. I can't believe the IRL wasted so much time deciding. I saw Harley take the lead in AMA Superbike for the 1st time ever only to have the race red flagged due to torrential rain. Reverted to lap before. But for being out of a car for a while and driving for a one off deal Paul had a decent day.

2. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I did have an amazing time. I was down in Indy for the USGP in 2006 and that was phenomenal however, the 500 is just, I don't know how to say it, just more I guess. I love F1 but the 500 just had so much more around it than the GP that it made it a surreal experience.

I was actually down in Indy too with my whole family a few years ago right before the 500 and had a good time. Indianapolis is a great city and I've had nothing but great experiences down there (save being rear-ended on the way home from the GP). As a matter of fact I had a great dinner at Dunaway's on Saturday night, I'll be back in town soon!

As for PT, I used to be a big fan of his, right up until the point where I met him. Total jack@ss in person and while his act used to be cool, his lack of performance has made it very, very old. He needs to give up that he won that race, close yes but not the winner.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    having been to the 500, F1, and Brickyard (and hopefully MotoGP this year), I can say there is a magic to the 500 the other races don't have. Really, no other sporting event has, and I've been to World Series games, Superbowls, PGA Championships, etc.

Indy is a great city, a lot to do (especially if you're a gearhead) and very friendly, laid back people. glad you enjoyed it!

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    So, how did you like your seat? Take any photos?

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that seat was amazing! phenomenal view....saw all the action except TK's crash in T3.

unfortunately no photos, the camera on my phone blows and I forgot my digital camera. d'oh!

6. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Just think, if everyone crashes next year, maybe Danica can win! :eek:

I think the sponsors/powers that be will eventually fix it so that she wins for obvious reasons.

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I've got some pics but all hi-res, too large to upload here. I'm unsure how to shrink them down size-wise (zip file doesn't help too much) :( Can anyone advise?

8. Systo

Systo Karting

Feb 15, 2007
    Plano
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    #108 Systo, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Coming up on a 'nice' car in Indianapolis is like finding a needle in a haystack unless you stay out late and prowl certain hotspots (that's my experience anyways). The only cars I saw at the race, above the norm, were a Rolls Royce (that left the race before it ended) and a Bentley that was behind the Rolls when it entered under the straight between turn 1 and 2.

Apparently we lucked out this year and instead of being diverted with the normal flow of traffic we were able to follow Holt Road (off of I70) all the way to our parking space at the tank farm. Took about 10 minutes as opposed to an hour or so.

The first three photos are my dads (posted with permission), the last one is mine. This was my second race and just as great as the first (Helio won that one too).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nice pics of AJ's car........sad end to his day........

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I meant racing, not necessarily nice cars (although there is at least one 599 and a Veyron in Indy, and I saw a Diablo Roadster and a 355 Spider at the airport on race day)

cool pics by the way! that was a hell of an accident. here's to a speedy recovery for Vitor.

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am renewing it this week, so if I can not go again next year.................

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    here's to you getting stuck in Mexico again ;)

13. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    #114 ZUL8TR, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
    There are many interesting cars in Indy that routinely show up for Coffee & Cars.

Aston Marin - DB9
    Lambo - Gallardo, Diablo
    Ferrari - 308, 328, 288 GTO, 599, 278
    Lotus - Elise, Exige, 7
    Alfa Romeo - 2000, Veloce
    Pantera
    Tesla
    Jaguar - 1956 XK140, plus others.
    Porsche - assorted
    Acura - NSX
    Vettes - 1959 through C6
    Ford - GT
    Datsun/Nissan - 240Z - 350Z
    Pontiac - GTO
    Lexus - ISF
    That's a partial list from what I can recall off the top of my head. Yes, there is a Veyron in town along with other interesting cars.

While you were in Indy for the 500, if you had swung by C&C that Sat morning, you would have seen the 288 GTO. There are pics in the C&C Indy thread under local events.

Anywho...cool pics. Vitor's wreck was really bad. Looking forward to him getting well and back in a car.

14. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Too funny.