Indiana | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Indiana

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 96impalaSS, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    I think I have done that stretch at 75 in the rain. It was a blast, esp with leaves on the road at the time. Jim

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey Jim, I didn't know that was you! I had a big group down for a bonfire, nice fall evening, when a red TR came screaming by. Tense moment when your tire scrubbed the gravel in the apex!

(If that wasn't you, there's another TR sharing our road!)

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thatd be a pretty aweasome site to see go flying by during a bonfire.

4. hanleynoel

hanleynoel Rookie

Mar 5, 2004
    Hey guys. I'm from Indiana as well. I'm originally from Indianapolis but attend school in Bloomington at Indiana University. I've been a long time lover of sports cars, especially Ferraris. My uncle works at Tom Wood Porsche, Audi, Volvo, etc up in Indy and has given me the opportunity to be around some cool cars. Here is a shot of a Testerosa that is in Indy that belongs (I believe) to one of his friends. Dude...my mom gets to drive it

http://jango.netheads.com/noel_boys/hanley/pictures/wa063.jpg

http://jango.netheads.com/noel_boys/hanley/pictures/wa064.jpg

5. hanleynoel

hanleynoel Rookie

Mar 5, 2004
    And my ex-girlfriend tells me that her new boyfriend's dad is getting a red enzo soon. They too live in Indy. His dad has a Testerosa as well. I can't wait to see that car. Is there anyway to find out if he is really getting one? The family is uber rich so I know money isn't a factor.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey man if they do get the Enzo be sure to alert us here. Id be more than happy to visit that car. As long as its okay with them and you.

7. hanleynoel

hanleynoel Rookie

Mar 5, 2004

Will do

8. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

So you bought the red/tan 355 Spider that he had?? He was selling it for super cheap as I remember. What other cars did you see of his? Did you see the supercharged 456GT Convertible? :)

9. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Ok, guys, the sun is shining here in Michigan and I'm thinking ahead to Spring and some runs on EPP's dyno. A few months back (or a few pages back here on the board) we suggested a get-together at EPP to run some cars on the dyno and travel some of those great IN roads you guys are talking about. I spoke to Bob, the President of EPP, about it and he is interested.

Does anyone want to suggest a date? Maybe we could make it a Sunday when an F1 race is on. We could meet at the shop for breakfast, watch the race, do some dyno runs, then head out for a drive. Anyone interested?

I'll suggest April 25 for the San Marino GP or May 23 for Monaco. Any other possible dates?

10. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I did buy Mike's 355... I bought it from his collection - so didn't make it to EPP - but I hear the shop is awesome. I did see pics of the 456.

He has a ton of the 60's vintage 330's, 365's, etc. And he has a new 360 Spider - Awesome... and probably my next car...

I did get a pretty good price on the 355 spider - that is the second car I have bought from him - but he does have good prices - fair and honest. It was time for the full engine out and tune up.. but with the price I got it - it was still a great deal even with a 7K service.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

I am in. Just let me know if this happens and I will be there. April 25th gets my vote.

12. Exotic Performance Plus

Mar 19, 2004
    2639 Goshen Rd Ft wa
    Full Name:
    Bob Beam
    We are located right off of the Intersate 69 I9A exit. This exit takes you to a stoplight, in which you continue straight through. We are then just three blocks down on the right side of the road. It would be cool do get a day nailed down to have a dyno day here at our shop for the Fewrrari crowd. We just had one Feb 28th, for the local street machine crowd. People came from Illinois and Michigan for the event. Pic's of that day can be seen on my website at http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com Go to the "Services Page" and you will see a listing for the March 28th dyno day.
    We have an '82 308 that has a 288GTO style front end, the car has been lowered and has a different wheel/tire combo. It has a great looking body, but a rough interior. We are going to strip the interior to lighten it up, and rebuild the engine and either add two turbos, or an ATI ProCharger, and use the car to promote our shop. Car & Driver has complained that no Ferrari tuners ever show up for their events, so I thought we would use this car. It certainly wouldn't be the fastest car there, but it would be cool to see what we can do. Bob

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That'd be pretty cool thats a pretty hard decision though between the TT or the ATI. What kind of P.S.I. would you be going for with the turbos or with the ATI?

14. Exotic Performance Plus

Mar 19, 2004
    2639 Goshen Rd Ft wa
    Full Name:
    Bob Beam

That is something we will ponder when we rebuild the engine. One of my mechanics, Brent Malone, was a crewchief for several NHRA Pro Stock teams. The last one that Brent was a crewchief on was one of the Summit Cavalier Ecotec 4 cylinder cars, campaigned under the late and legendary John Lingenfelter. They managed to get 1180 hp out of this engine at 45 to 50lbs of boost. For the engine's long term sake, we won't come close to that much boost, but Brent knows a few tricks that should really bring this engine to life.

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Any more progress on this?

16. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was just about to type the same thing in another day.

17. rnmarks317

rnmarks317 Rookie

May 10, 2004
    Indianapolis here, workin on investing for my first ferrari, hopefully a 355. i saw one around the geist area that i havent seen before about 4 weeks ago. chased it in my acura and definately got burned

18. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ....so....still no progress i am guessing. :)

19. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave

Was that a yellow acura by chance?

20. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Live in Ohio, but work in Decatur (south of Ft. Wayne). Have a 330 GT 2+2.

21. rfeaster

rfeaster Karting

May 11, 2003
    Sellersburg, IN, USA
    Full Name:
    Ron Feaster
    I live in Sellersburg with my 85 308QV

22. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Ron
    I'm just over the bridge from you in Louisville. Current ride is a 308GT4. Needed 4 seats for a car seat in back. The previous 512bb wasn't very child friendly. Maybe someday we can trek up to one of the Ohio gatherings which seem to get a few participants.

23. weimar97

weimar97 Karting

May 21, 2004
    I live in Newburgh. (too close to Kentucky, that much I can say....)

No Ferrari.... yet. Eventually.... Right now I'm actually torn between a Porsche and a Ferrari. 'Course most of you would say Ferrari....

24. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have an 83 308 and live in Indy.

25. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Has anyone driven 39S out of Danville? I heard it is a really nice drive.