Indiana | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Indiana

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 96impalaSS, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. udalmia

udalmia Guest

my pleasure impala.. its arriving at our nj home by the end of this month after the cavalino.. depending on how the weather is i will have it transported to bloomington.. really dont want to expose it to the snow

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    aweasome, thanks

3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    You guys want to get together for an impromptu drive when the weather breaks? I would love to join in and help organize it. What do you think? Up for exploring the back roads??? :D

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Here is the route I referenced. I'm guessing 80-100 miles. Might I suggest a reconnaissance lap this weekend before you get the Ferrari to Bloomington?

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

sounds like fun, i might do it weather permitting, whats the cop presence like in those areas? im not a real speeder but 70-80 is "slow" enough for a ferrari :D

6. udalmia

udalmia Guest

sounds cool meeyatch, im up

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Cool...we just need the weather to break a little...no ice patch surprises for this. :)

8. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Take it easy around Nashville, especially where you pass the green area, that's Brown County State Park. Always a Cop at the entrance. After you turn south onto 135 you're PROBABLY clean all the way around until Bloomington. I've had a place on 135 since 1987 and have seen maybe 10 squad cars pass, while seeing hundreds of Porsches, Vettes, Bikes, etc...gettin' it on.

Most of this route is up and down with tight corners. Have fun, but watch out for deer!

9. udalmia

udalmia Guest

sounds great sms, im gonna invest in a valentine 1 too, thats like a must with a ferrari

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im going up to bloomington this next weekend coming up 30,31, and 1st for the world of wheels car show up in Indy.Ill be going up in my friends Suburban though since theres so many people coming with us :( no fun on the roads in that beast of a car.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Well...this ice storm up here is not very encouraging....I want to drive!! ARGH!! :D

12. udalmia

udalmia Guest

forecast looks good for the next few days.. lets hope the snow stays away

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I cant wait till it gets to be springtime here again.

14. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    You guys ready to drive yet?? :)

15. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Sunny and 60 Sat/Sun!!! Road trip.

16. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I saw mention of EPP in FT. Wayne.

I have actually bought 2 F-Cars from Greg Westrick (owner/Collector) - he is awesome to deal with - and a great guy.

My 250 GTE which I bought from Greg, and he bought back when I wanted to upgrade to have something to drive more frequently - I bought his 355 Spider. I called him up and we swapped - no issues. The 250 is on the web site with photos... I miss her in a few ways - and it is in awesome restored condition... but more of a collector show car - not an frequent driver.

I would recommend EPP - to anyone. And his collection is out of this world - he has some great vintage stuff - Dino's, 330's, etc. The ExoticPerformancePlus.com site - only has a few of what they have available.

Phone is 800-249-8124 - Just tell them I sent you - so When I upgrade to one of the 360's - I will get the good customer discount :)

Thanks,
    Rich Wallace

17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Richard, any pictures of your old '61?

18. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    #43 richard_wallace, Feb 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Just saw this thread. <Muncie> Sharetime with Denver.

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow, that interior is immaculate.

21. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    The good news:
    I got a chance to run some of my favorite roads Saturday. Here is the straightest section.

The bad news:
    Had to use the Chevy truck. Hat on the dash was quite inspiring however, and I think it helped the handling!

22. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    That picture looks like Fillmore north of Hudsonville. Am I right?

23. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Nope. It's southbound State Road 135 near Houston, In. as seen on my map on page 2 of this thread.

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are the cops thick out there?

25. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Only around Nashville and Bloomington. Hardly ever see one anywhere else in Brown or Jackson county. In fact, when I needed a sheriff a while back for a theft (timber) report, I had to wait about a month. Apparently only one at a time is on duty! They are all great guys however, when you finally get to meet one!