Indiana | FerrariChat

Indiana

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 96impalaSS, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wondering how many people form here are from Indiana.

2. newbob9519

newbob9519 Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    South Lyon, MI
    I am from South Bend, Indiana.

I do not own a Ferrari yet but have been looking what is out there. I would love to get a 355 but a 348 or 328 may be more obtainable right now. I have been considered waiting an additional year or two and getting a 355.

3. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Exotic Performance Plus in Ft. Wayne sells used Ferraris and they seem to have good prices. Bob, the guy who runs the place, is great to deal with and a super nice guy. They also have a dyno which can handle up to 1750 HP. They've had a supercharged 456 Stramann convertible on there as well as some wild TR's. If you get a chance go pay them a visit. Incidentally, if anyone is interested, we could maybe start some kind of weekend F-car get-togethers centered out of there. Anyone up for it?

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ft. Wayne.....that's only 65 miles south of me....I'm amazed that there is an exotic car place that close to me here in southern Michigan. Where in Fort Wayne are they located? That's very cool! I would be in for a gathering down there if one could be arranged.

5. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    They are at 2639 Goshen Road. They are just off I-69, but I don't remember the exit number. Let me talk to Bob and see what kind of event we could do. Maybe a dyno day and then a drive in the country and a meal or something. I'm guessing most likely all will want to wait until the weather warms up. I'll keep you posted.

6. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    I live in Bloomington. Have a 77 308GTB.

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm just north of the Michigan-Indiana state line....so even though I'm from Michigan I hope you don't mind me visiting this thread. I am the lucky owner of a Testarossa.

A small town south of us in Indiana...Fremont....is home to a white Testarossa, but I've never seen it personally. But some buddies of mine have seen it...but only when the garage door was open. Too Bad!

I may just call Exotic Perf. Plus in Ft. Wayne, I recently completed an engine-out full service on my car, including new injectors. Now I need to get the fuel mixture adjusted and I would imagine they could help me. Perhaps in the spring.

8. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #8 mr2speedracer, Jan 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    carguy
    i think i saw the white Testarossa that you are talking about it looked very nice. as of late i really like white sports/supercars

sorry for the bad photo it is the only one i got because they wanted me to leave.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm here in Indy

10. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    348ts speciale

11. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Freetown, In. (a little south of Nashville, In.) on one of the best sportscar roads in Indiana, SR 135.

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    another really nice road is i think its 150 50 or something when your going through washington to get to bloomington and after you get out of washington theres like 1 or 2 more little towns and after that get ready for a hell of a good road hard turns and some stretches of straightaways never been on a road that was more fun.

13. prova4re

prova4re Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Ontario Canada
    mr2speedracer
    Hey
    I think that white Testarossa is mine.
    Did it have red and black leather?
    It was in for a HUGE service. HA HA lol

Hey John
    How are you?
    My other car is still at Devins getting the SC done. We are going to dyno it on Saturday, if you want to swing by pm me.
    Later Brian.

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

hey
    my family just moved to NJ, we picked up a 2004 360 Spider F1, red over tan.. i'm the one who primarily drives it and i study in bloomington, IN.. I'm waiting for spring to set in so i can get the car to bloomington :D, should be sometime around march

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Exit 109.....I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. :)

The guy who owns EPP (Exotic Performance Plus) is a huge Ferrari collector (as of last year he had over 20 Ferraris) and the cars inside there are all his for sale. I had a friend who worked there and when I would visit there would usually be a 550 Maranello, F355 Spider, 456GT Straman Convertible (supercharged), 328 GTS, 308 GTS (euro), Mondial 8, and a Testarossa in there. All belonging to the owner and for sale.

If you guys would like to get together I would love to help set something up. My only really fun cars are a couple Acura NSX's and my S2000, but I would love to participate (especially since I plan to get an F355 in the next 2 years). Let me know! Thanks! :D

16. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ...by the way....if anyone wants to swap keys for a couple miles, I will swap my Acura NSX with your Ferrari....just a thought. :)

17. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Meeyatch1,

Let's try to plan something for Spring when the weather gets nice. I can talk to Bob who runs the shop if you want. Let's keep in touch through the board here.

Talk to you soon.

Brent

18. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    the photo is from the party when they first uncoverd the 2 enzo's at the dealership.less then a year ago maybe

19. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Sounds good to me...let me know what you want to do and we will get everything set up.

20. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    udalmia,

Bloomington, huh? Have I got a drive for you!
    Go east on 46 to Nashville, hit 135 south (just east of nash.) go south to highway 58 west, take 58 to 446 north across Lake Monroe and back to your campus. That should give that little 360 a nice 2hr work out.

21. udalmia

udalmia Guest

SMS,

that sounds great, i love the roads leading up to lake monroe, deserted and COP FREE!

however, i am new to bloomington and honestly ahvent got much highway time, im too dependent on my existing car nav.. the ferrari ill be getting will have nav so any landmarks u can provide me to feed in?

22. udalmia

udalmia Guest

those directions are pretty easy to follow actually i just might do it, how many miles is that

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    If you do that drive, there are some other roads that I ran down there with some of my cars that were TONS OF FUN!! I will try and find the directions and give them to you...being out there alone on the roads with a Ferrari 360 would be awesome!! :D

24. udalmia

udalmia Guest

if you wanna tag along sometime that would be cool
    just fyi, the specs of the car

04 360 spider
    red/tan
    F1 transmission
    red caliper
    6 cd changer
    modular rims
    electric seats
    shield
    satelite navigation
    rear challenge grill
    less than 500 miles
    Capristo exhaust system
    Silenced test Pipes
    BMC Airfilters
    Tweaked factory ecu (supposed to yield 448 bhp with the above exhaust setup)

so that should be quite a bit of fun! need to get a radar detector!

25. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    alot of ym friends go to school at IU and i go up there alot and i be more than happy to meet up and see your 360. Its one of my favorites.