IMSA Mid-Ohio (spoilers) | FerrariChat

IMSA Mid-Ohio (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RWatters, May 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Acura looked strong in DPi. Mazda looked better but they struggle for speed down the straights. Reliability still an issue for them and now that they're finally in the running their strategy calls weren't so great. The LMP2 cars supposedly had some help but looked pretty useless. Cadillac was nowhere to be found?

GTE was fascinating seeing the strategies play out. Ford looked well off the pace but came on strong towards the end.

Lexus finally scored a win in GTD. Good for them.

Really frustrating to see IMSAs **** blue flag policy. Drivers had no interest in getting out of the way (even if they were multiple laps down) and it robbed us of great racing in the prototype class on numerous occasions. I don't think they need to have as insane of a blue flag rule as Formula 1, but what they did in Mid Ohio didn't work either.

There has been some great racing so far this season!

2. As there 'ought' to be with BoP. Too bad it's meaningless.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I went to the race at Mid-Ohio. Great track and a great turnout. Amazing that they went green flag the whole way. I don't think anyone expected that and many were playing a strategy for a late race caution.

The Acuras were fastest in every single session all weekend. The only ones that could even come close were the Mazdas. Same in GTD, it was basically Lexus and Acura...and then everyone else.

Make sure you watch the coverage of the Continental race when it airs. I think about half the field runs out of gas in the last 2 laps lol.

4. Thanks... :rolleyes:

5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

That is why the title of the thread says "Spoilers"...

6. I know. That's why I'm kickin' myself in the arse. I was ding so well avoidin'.

7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    At least I didn't tell you who ran out

8. stibbett

stibbett Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Simon Tibbett
    I'm happy to see IMSA back at Mid-Ohio. COTA is a great facility but Mid-Ohio fits the IMSA fanbase better, it's hard to free roam as a spectator at COTA and get close to the action. Plus Mid-Ohio is a great driver's track, one of my favorites.

9. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was there. No cautions and very little passing. But it was a beautiful 70 deg. day and good to have IMSA back. The full blown Patron bar was a plus.

10. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Attended Fri Sat and Sun. Wifey flagged at 4, 9, and 5 respectively.
    Sure, lots of blue flags waved, but that is race control's issue.
    Good clean race Sunday.

I had been yearning to see the Lambo Super Trofeo Series races. And man, did we do that :)
    Some 18 race prepped Huracans out there putting down 620 hp each and a whole lot of twist. The sound track was out of this world.
    So were the loss of wheels/tires in Sunday morning's L Super Trofeo race- W Taylor Team's cars. One lost wheel was heading directly for
    Wifey's flagging station at Turn 5! I was concerned.