IMO here is a good deal on a white 599 HGTE | FerrariChat

IMO here is a good deal on a white 599 HGTE

Discussion in '612/599' started by LightGuy, Sep 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Cheap because I suspect it’s not to everyone’s tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Agree

pilotoCS likes this.
  4. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Carfax is interesting also, exported to PR, imported back to US.

5. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

The car looks like it had new rear bumper and side sills, but they ran out of many to paint them. Surely someone didn’t spec a car to look like this?

Zaza and pilotoCS like this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I haven't looked recently, but that dealer never posted the price for any Ferrari they had for sale. So it is curious that they post a price for this one.

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What in the abomination?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5shiv likes this.
  8. flackmaster

flackmaster Rookie

Feb 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    David A. Flack
    I'm still waiting for the right one to come along...this ain't it. The bumper and sills screams "what happened" ? Surely it would help to simply repaint as factory, as it would otherwise be a decent car.

9. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Tough crowd.
    You see problems I see a 8K mile 2011 Bianco Avus white HGTE with factory carbon fibre GTO body panel for $150k or best offer.

Does this look horrid too ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. flackmaster

flackmaster Rookie

Feb 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    David A. Flack
    Edit to my above reply, I was unaware the skirts and bumper were CF Ferrari add-ons. Makes for an interesting presentation...just not to my subjective taste.

11. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Since mine is avus bianco I guess I qualified to say that it looks awful with those unpainted sections. What was the owner thinking? More to the point, why hasn’t the dealer spent a few K to get it painted?

Zaza and Skidkid like this.
  12. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I think the original owner (or whoever modded the car) was going after a "poor mans" GTO.
    The ad states those side and rear panels are factory carbon fibre Ferrari GTO items.
    The front grill is GTO.
    What is missing is a hood and the wheels for a "50 foot" replica.

If tweeked a bit it could come out like this;

13. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Abomination agreed

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A little white paint on the rear and she will look fine. Do not think I would overpaint several thousand dollars of carbon fiber side skirts, though.

15. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    This car has been in cars.com forever without a price, glad to finally see one, if you click on “read more” in the description there are many more photos, sides don’t look particularly like carbon fiber...

16. spider_s

spider_s Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    S Webb
    I believe it's because it is a "dry" carbon without the clear coat. If you look closely at the pictures of the door being open you can see the cf weave, and again the picture with the trunk open it is also visible.

I would still paint the sides and rear bumper as it's a bit startling being exposed cf and doesn't flow well with the lines of the 599.

brogenville likes this.
  17. M.Schumacher ALWAYS #1

BANNED

Oct 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tony Domicoli
    Hi everyone,
    I was going to ask about this car and found some info from the PR owner who states that he bought the parts out of Germany and that they came from a wrecked GTO. My question is how did a GTO get wrecked and NOT injure any of those parts,lol....(Blown engine?) Spider S is correct in that those parts are dry-CF. I actually like the look but would probably paint some of the rear...
    I am more bothered by the response of the dealership as they do not have any records,one key, no manuals and when I asked if I could have it sent to a nearby Ferrari dealer for a PPI but was told the 2 closest Ferrari dealers do NOT perform PPIs...I was going to call Lake Forest but I am thinking this car might be a problem child? They did give me an Indy they would bring it to: I have sent Ferraris to AutoSprint in the past for PPI’s and my clients were very satisfied with Giovanni (the owner of AutoSprint). Anyone heard of them/him?
    The GTO parts are definitely worth some $$$$$ if you wanted to change back to original but I don' t think I would anyway. I know a clutch,shocks and most everything on these cars are not cheap so that 150K could balloon up quick if there are problems.
    What do you think the car is worth with those miles and without the CF parts ,aka oem? What route would you go as to a PPI, I don't mind paying for one and to find clutch reading ,paint check,etc,etc... Do you think this dealership might be hiding something? If anyone has anything on this car they could share with me I would appreciate it.. Sorry for the long first post. Tony
    [email protected]

18. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Just my opinion. But as a 599 owner I would advise to find another car.

These are incredible cars. But they are not cheap or easy. (similar to Italian women) :)

There are good cars available, I would avoid the "story" cars.

19. vinody545

vinody545 Rookie

Oct 17, 2019
    CPO is the way to go!!
    there are 2 at denver dealership regular and HGTE

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app