I'll take my car and go home! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

I'll take my car and go home!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by MaleficVTwin, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    sorry john i was joking - LOL

fair enough
    i do feel though that its not totally realistic to expect even a pro ferrari forum to be solely populated with ppl who can ignore ferraris own defects and issues.

bit before my time (1980 ish was when i started watching F1)
    Mums always been a fan though, and something she said stuck in my mind - NL wasnt just near death he apparently actually had the last rites read to him !!!

i hope im not included in that, ive been here for 3 yrs odd now
    i love ferrari, but i also have some national pride too - and will support home grown talent as well as my fave team.

now im not an RD fan (always liked the team but not the man) but i do feel he has been unfairly drawn into this issue.
    all the FIA hearing stuff does seem to vindicate him and squarely point the finger at the door of 3 staff members - regardless of how much mad max tries to blame RD

+1
    would have been interesting to say the least.

2. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I dropped it the minute the lights went green
    And I drop arguing with you as it is like talking to a wall.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    true, no problem with differing opinion backed by facts but Mike had a whole bunch of "I think" statements he tried to push across as facts when in actual fact they were just his opinions, the realities were that McL got penalised for using Ferrari information, Ferrari did not get penalised for the barge boards, spin it however you like but they're the facts

I think Renault should also be given a penalty for using McL data (no matter how useless it obviously is), where are the ethics in these teams these days ?

Lucky, please don't help me, I am more than capable of defending myself

4. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It is not about helping you.
    It is about being sick and tired of the same people spinning the same BS

5. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    true enough.
    i have the feeling that McL have been used as an example for the FIA to hang over everyones heads.

+1

the difference is (i think) that they know Mclaren wont drop out.
    Renault have left before and could easily do so again.

the way its been handled shows the teams that the FIA can wield a big stick (albeit it now appears smaller than first thought with the penalty offset against money earnt)
    maybe it might help kick them all up the ar$e and stop the spying/cheating - more likely is that it will still happen but be a bit more carefully hidden

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL :D

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Nice post. Couldn't agree more.

8. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    You're playing God with variables you don't know and equations you don't control.
    That's the principal issue I have with your and other McL/Lh fans' opinion.

It is irrelevant what McL did with the data - they could have served it for dinner for all I care.
    The fact they illegally obtained it (fact) and were found guilty (fact) suffices to exclude their components from the CC and DC.
    BE intervened so they retained the DC. Nema problema - No problem. So be it - it's reality.
    One must win irrespective of the conditions - and I agree that F should have done more
    to ensure this.

IMO Alonso was more instrumental in McL's performance than the F data.
    LH - don't like him because of the can of worms attached, and while he's a good driver,
    he's not the only one. No way in hell would he be leading the dc without some
    outside interference. That's my opinion and unless you bring out some info
    no one has ever seen, which I doubt you have, we'll keep it at that.

As mentioned elsewhere most of the time I found it amusing that you
    guys are even defending your positions. Now that he's vulnerable,
    I can understand it.

Forza Ferrari!

9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    fully understand that you and Steve should be patriotic towards your home teams , we Aussies would be worse and you know it :D

btw I do remember NL having the last rites being said for him which makes his effort to get back into a GP car very heroic, Enzo really gave me the sh!ts when he blasted Nikki for pulling out of the Fuji GP

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Think away ole boy....but Im not angry at Mclaren, they need to be banned completely as its a team sport plain and simple,posted that many times before. Read and you will see it. Ferrari I would hope would suffer the same total penalty as the WORLD WOULD CALL for their heads based on what I stated in my post. They too would deserve a total ban. Wouldnt you agree with the outcry of the scenario I painted? Not a single employee from Ferrari at a track post judgement? Of course you would as objective as you seem to be.
    I have stated no matter the Mclaren goat rope, Ferrari have not been reliable enough. Ergo the position they are in now.
    RD an upfront guy??? Kidding really?? See Alonso and his immunity deal before releasing said data, ergo the new hearing, ergo the record fine and loss of points. RD is no more upfront that any other team leader. I dont think that simply or naively about F1 ever. He is not upfront and it took his pissed off rogue driver to contact Max. Thats the facts

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

SRT my last post was in no way sarcastic towards you. I forgot to put some tension relieving smileys on it near my comments on RD being soooooooooooo upfront :) Just answering with my humble in Europe opinions. Im in Vienna with wife for 1 yr anniversary. Will be going to the Fcar dealer today for a look and tour the city. Was in Bratislava yesterday. Nice little city. So much more fun to be had than on the computer all day asserting my F1 superiority LOL :) Have fun all of you today KIMI WON :)