I'll take my car and go home! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'll take my car and go home!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by MaleficVTwin, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks for that! I thought that Bobs comment last night during qualifying concerning Lewis' Diva moment was especially fitting. LH needs to realize that while he does have a lot of talent, he is still a relatively small fish in a massive pond. Drop the attitude and keep racing.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Wait...

Your response to a guy saying he may take his ball and go home is to call him a whiner and then say you will take your ball and go home if he wins?

PRICELESS!

3. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't see any attitude from Lewis.

He is a newbie in F1. More has been written about him than any other driver I can ever remember.

He has a teammate saying the team is against him and just wants their English goldenboy to win

He has the FIA starting ridiculous investigations when they should butt out (FIA has been doing it a LOT lately, but I would include the Alonso/Hamilton pit-stop situation as well as the latest Hamilton 'investigation' in there)

He has the press following him and making silly claims like he's cavorting on a yacht without his GF, that his father is working behind the scenes to screw the team/the WDC, etc.

He has his abundant talent called into question by people who dont have 1/100000th of the skill he does and probably have never been on a track. Claims that he's just lucky, or that he just wins because he got Alonso's setup, etc.

He (majorly) contributes to his team's most successful season in years, and has to go before the FIA to defend things he had nothing to do with.

He has to listen to idiots like Luca di Mozzarella emote such idiocy as that he's winning in a Ferrari

And through all of this, he is loved by some and hated by others, based on NOTHING other than him beating their beloved drivers (i.e. doing his job), or their believing what they read in the press (way out of his control).

He didnt say he was quitting F1 or threatening to quit - he just said if this is what F1 is like, why the F should he bother? He's got a point, don't you think? Maybe he just (gasp) wants to drive the frickin car and do his job? Maybe he doesn't want the political BS to happen?

Of course he won't quit F1, and most seasons won't be like this one, but what someone else said was true - that the hatred for Hamilton is directly proportional to how far ahead he is in the WDC divided by the chance Kimi/Massa have to win. The closer McLaren/Lewis get to winning, the more venom and hatred is being spewed here. It's embarassing to us, IMO.

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I wish someone would call his obvious buff. Riiight he's going to leave the celebrity lifestyle of F1 to have better racing. so stupid god hamilton pisses me off more with each day...

5. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    +1

6. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    Valid point, made while Lewie's leading the World Championship. There is soooo much money at stake, I find it hard to believe that is he really so naïve to think it wouldn't be like this. Maybe he should leave and drive in another series. If he left he would land on his feet. I thought that the teams should have left the F1 WC and started their own series years ago. The fans would follow. Lewis' fans would probably follow him if he left. I just don't think it is realistic for him to think that the Big Game would be as easy as hopping in the car and driving off with the trophy.

7. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I rather see Lewis Hamilton's personality changing... we didn't hear those overly self-confident things from him at the beginning of the season...

8. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I agree with much of what SRT Mike stated above, but I still find it surprising the LH didn't know this is how F1 is. Hell, I know this is how it is, and I just see it on TV. He has had an amazing rookie season, having to deal with a lot of BS that rookies don't normally see. But to say that you're going to roll it up and walk away when you had to have known that on and off track drama is present in this form of motorsport is simply ridiculous. All great drivers in F1 are surrounded by drama. That's just how it is, and he needs to get used to the idea and shrug it off or it will consume him.

9. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    He's just learning the game - and giving back what he's getting.

He had Alonso saying he was using his setup, and that the team was giving him advantages. In other words "he's not that good, he just copies me and the team gives him favors". He is just dishing it right back to Alonso.

Nobody knows his personality. Nobody here knows him outside of the track - we can't judge how he is as a person. All I see is that he's improving his verbal game just like he's improing his driving game. He took a lot of crap from Alonso and now it looks like Alonso is pretty much pushed out of McLaren. Score one for Hamilton! McLaren will likely be competitive if not dominant next year, so Hamilton gave himself a good shot at WDC for next year also.

And through all this, Alonso comes out looking like the choad.

10. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Did Rosberg deal with even 5% of this in his rookie season? Did Alonso? Raikkonen? Schumi? I can't think of a more drama-filled year than this one in years.

11. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mike Priceless post :)

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Drama courtesy of his Mclaren cheating team. He has no business nor does Alonso racing at this time. They should have banned both, as Max has stated. Of course if Ferrari had executive level people, with drivers texting, about 700+ pages from Mclaren you can damn well assume not a single Ferrari employee of any kind including the janitor would be at the track. LH commentary today matches his dimwitted belief his title, if won won't be tainted. YEAH DUDE HAVE ANOTHER PINT!
    The Ferrari team title is tainted and the drivers as well. He needs to shut up and drive and get some serious PR help. He has it made right now!!

Ferrari needs some serious reliability help for next year or as SRT has stated the Mclaren domination may have begun!

13. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You're absolutely right on that one. His rookie season has been pretty abnormal.

14. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    I haven't laughed so much either in a long time :D As to how a red neck thinks that Lewis who is as much white as he is black is a black man LOL! How i laughed;)
    Relatively small fish????? But after he has won the World championship (fingers crossed), then wont he be the biggest CURRENT fish on top of the sport?? I would like to see him in Nascar now that would upset the apple cart. IMO of course:)

15. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Absolutely right when it comes to Alonso. But, for example, blatantly stating that he can't see why his WDC should be tainted in any way instead of being quiet and enjoying his luck (don't want to discuss the FIA deciscion here) doesn't make him more likeable... if it was a Ferrari driver who benefited from all which happened and he presented himself in such a way, I'd be embarassed to root for such a team.

16. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    this is their job, something wrong occurs so either someone reports it to them or they are the encumbant enforcement body for that sport and need to act

You guys kill me, if they do nothing they are a toothless tiger and if they do something then they are interfering and starting ridiculous investigations .... I tell you what why don't you go and act in the FIA's behalf and we can laugh and ridicule ALL your judgements, bloody easy to sit on the sidelines and poke sticks at the caged animals

maybe he should just piss off and see how important he is, his statement was "if this is what F1 is about then maybe it's not a place I want to be", which for the LH lovers with blinkers on means "I'm so important that if you don't leave me alone and let me continue on my merry way blessed by Bernie then I will leave", he's in this political BS up to his neck, he is no saint and his father loves adding fuel to the fire

as to why McL are even allowed to continue competing this year when other teams like Honda and the fuel tank episode had to sit races out is beyond me, but again the FIA makes a ruling not all will be happy with but they DID make a ruling , eventually

17. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Not quite: to the LH denigrators it means "I'm so important that if you don't leave me alone and let me continue on my merry way blessed by Bernie then I will leave", to the LH fans it means "if this is what F1 is about then maybe it's not a place I want to be"

18. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Are you referring to me as a redneck? Oh how little you know of me. :)

19. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Just looking at your aviator pic there friend:)
    That was a good get out excuse there, i should be in F1:)

20. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.

+1
    lets be fair here.
    hes doing what we'd all love to do - driving in F1 -
    its a sport we all love but we still criticise F1 etc so why cant LH (or any other driver)

21. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Darth Maul a redneck.......never thought of him that way. :D

22. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well he is RED on his neck too, I assume. ;)

23. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You sound angry at McLaren - because you really believe they should be banned and are a horrendous lying bunch of jerks or because they are beating Ferrari? I tend to think there is a fair amount of the latter in there.

I think Ron Dennis is a pretty up-front guy. I don't think there was any real usage of the Ferrari data within McLaren. I am 100% sure that if Ferrari's info was not in McLarens hands, that NOTHING would be different in the points situation. I really honestly dont think it improved McLaren at all. And Lewis had nothing to do with it. So I really don't think his WDC is 'tainted' either. Ferrari's WCC title will have a star next to it, because they did not win it on the track but rather at FIA meetings, and it wasn't rightfully theirs, just that they got it as a punishment to McLaren. I have no problem with that, but that's what happened.

The reason Ferrari will not win the WDC this year is simply because they did not do as good a job as McLaren. They had bad reliability, made stupid mistakes numerous times, and basically shot themselves in the foot - thats why they didnt win. It has nothing to do with the info that McLaren had.

Don't forget that Ferrari domination is the exception, not the rule. For many years they sucked. Schumacher was the man who changed all that. He is gone. Brawn is gone. Todt may be gone soon too. I do not think Ferrari will return to the dominant force they were before. And the longer that passes without them being in that position, the more rabid Montezemolo will get, and the more anxious he will be to chop some heads and look for a quick fix.

Ferrari seriously needs to get a handle on this right *now* before it spirals out of control. I am sure they can do it... but will they?

24. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't see why the WDC title would be tainted either.

The fact that his team had Ferrari data contributed nothing towards his win. He would have won the WDC if everything else had been the same but McLaren had no Ferrari data.

25. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The FIA should stop meddling with the season. They have been doing it for multiple years now. Its difficult to believe that it's all just coincidental especially when you consider that it usually concerns a team who is leading by a large margin getting penalties that 'magically' seems to level the playing field. It's happened to Ferrari, it's happened to Renault, and it's happened to McLaren. Strangely, it rarely seems to happen to BMW, Red Bull, Toyota or other teams that aren't contending for the top spots. "Things that make you go hmmmmmm". I dont believe Bernie and Mosley are above letting personal bias towards action or certain drivers adjust how they react to penalties and such.

He's no saint? What has he done to deserve that comment? He's never acted unsportingly that I have seen. He has been polite, respectful, and blindingly fast. A lot faster than Ferrari. I think thats where the angst comes from.

Honda didnt lose all their WCC points and have to pay $100mm. And speaking of lopsided penalties, how come Ferrari was found to have illegal bodywork in 1999 and their points weren't taken away? And how come Toyota had "thousands of pages" of Ferrari info and nothing happened? Probably because Toyota wasnt in the running for the title, and Max has nothing against Toyota personally! But, the rules are what they are. I think they are not applied evenly, but sometimes Ferrari wins and sometimes they lose. Same with McLaren, Williams and others. I can't remember a more drama filled year than this - its not really great for the sport, IMO of course.

I think 'the sport' has given Hamilton a pretty crappy reception and I strongly feel he is more than welcome to speak his mind, whether we like what he says or not.