If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I like it. It is definitely a product of its time, but it's an interesting concept and it is a car that always catches my interest. Furthermore I think the F50 has the single most beautiful wheel Ferrari has ever designed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi likes this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Arguing over looks is like arguing which ice cream taste is better. There is no right answer. I happen to love the Enzo, if not as much as the LaFerrari. I don't care for the blunt looks of the F1 and the T50. Others differ.

elmadi and Camelot like this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's kind of funny. I love the F50 more than any other Ferrari and I think it has the ugliest wheels Ferrari ever created...they actually look like cartoonish huge hubcaps to me covering up a real rim. F40 is close second in that regard for me (2nd favorite Fcar and 2nd ugliest rims). The F40 LM enkei wheels and F50 GT wheels look way better on the road versions. The Enzo probably has the nicest Fcar rims ever imo. Not too skinny/thin like the single spoke 458 wheels and not too thick double spokes. Just perfect.

elmadi likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have a soft spot for starfish and pentagram wheels:) Love the F40 wheels too.

Was so chuffed to see that starfish wheels made a comeback on the SF90 too lol:)

elmadi likes this.
  5. futurelegendyyc

Jul 23, 2019
    if you dont mind answering what kept you away from buying the f1 at the time

elmadi likes this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That's a typo, right? Meant 15m up from 2m from 8 years ago?

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Logically the T50, but heart and emotion says Enzo all the time.

elmadi likes this.
  8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I thought you saw earlier post correcting the typo... it was 2010 not 2020. The F1 i was offered was just under 2 times the Enzo I ended up buying. I simply couldn’t afford it, that is why... 2 years later it was around 2.5 times what I sold my Enzo for (long story on why the car was sold) and again I couldn’t afford it. Goes to show I should have taken a risk as the car is now at least 7 times more valuable than an Enzo.
    I had a business acquaintance at the time who took the plunge and bought a McLaren F1 race car for under 2m... no one wanted them at the time... the rest is history... you don’t want to know what he sold it for....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That makes more sense. When you said you were offered an F1 this year for £1.5m I figured you meant £15m, which appears to be the case with the 7x Enzo value you state. How much are the F1 GTRs going for? There is a longtail GTR right now for sale for $15m USD.

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm no expert, but the info I have is that the regular and race cars are in similar price brackets. I could be totally wrong.

11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    They are little softer now compared to 3 years ago, the person I know sold a little over that....

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

elmadi and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  12. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Gordon Murray Automotive to offer a track version of the T.50
    The car will weigh only 890 kg (94 kg less compared to the road version) for a top power of the order of 730 horses. It has an LMP1 type shark fin. This T.50 will provide 1500 kg of downforce. The V12 Cosworth engine has also been reworked with the modification of more than 50 components.
    Gordon Murray and his team spoke with Stéphane Ratel to see if it was possible to join the GT1 Sports Club.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/gordon-murray-automotive-va-proposer-une-version-circuit-de-la-t-50/

elmadi and 9nb like this.
  13. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this car should be allowed at 24 le mans :D

14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    890kg / 730hp! will be an epic track car

to think in acceleration terms it's an F12 with 900kg removed!

elmadi and 9nb like this.
  15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    let's hope we will have mor cars like this in the future

elmadi, imahorse and 9nb like this.
  16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    T50 is great old school car, modern sport cars are so boring ... so some race driver try to run farming tractor on Ring :p

elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I believe that the F12 is about 1650 kg wet. Just to compare, Harry Metcalfe had an 812 on the scales at 1660 kg ready to rumble. So more like 750-800 kg lighter if those 890 is wet weight.

18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

When it's almost half the weight of an F12 with the same power, who cares?

19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    890 is the wet weight
    f12's have been weighed by people here at 1800+kg and the tdf at 1700+kg

20. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    T50 10/10 3M purchase choices. 3M is a waste on an Enzo unless you really are obsessed and in love by it. A f50, 288 gto, 275, f40, LaFerrari, Pagani, Carrera gt, Any of the upcoming hypercars and the list goes on and on wayy before even thinking about an Enzo.

T50 is a brilliant car on spec alone, all the allmarks of a car that will be coveted for years to come, and even if it drops like a bomb and no one outside of the owners group likes them, when did a +-1000 kg car with a v12 and a manual ever left someone short of an amazing experience?
    Any pair of those features by themselves make a car, the 3 together make an hallmark.

EnzoItaly and elmadi like this.
  21. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    The fan thing was a design concession I would had not made if my sanity was with me, especially knowing that another solution, even if less effective, was available (apparently the f1 had 2 smaller fans somewhere), so this big fan could had been split in 2 or 3 or 4, placed behind the grill, and the exhaust could be placed lower.
    Pretty sure even the current buyers would appreciate this despite a concession on weight gain.

As for the overall styling, it's a reflex of times, post opulence is an actual thing and personal tastes are getting away from the common tastes and the shinning bold looking things, taste (especially in cars, car ownership and collecting) is tending a lot towards the Alan Clark, rather than some modern less tasteful big quantities, big price tags, very shinning, mint types.

elmadi likes this.
  22. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    elmadi likes this.
  24. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    That reflects more on the "owner", rather than the car. No brand or car is impervious to this, no matter how much bee's knees the car might be.

As for the original question, if you really have the money, the correct answer is "both".

elmadi likes this.
  25. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    I'd still buy the Enzo. T-50 sounds like a string trimmer from Toro.

elmadi likes this.