If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Hello Enzo lovers including myself :

I had watched online the launch of Gordon Murray's amazing T.50 and his several interviews from different you tube channels. I listen intently how he explain about the T.50 which fully manual, 3.9 litre V12 Cosworth engine, 12000 rpm, 660 hp, weighs only 980 kgs and seats 3 person.

Now I am thinking if we have a $3M to spare in buying an Enzo; do we rather wait and buy the upcoming T.50?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JessicaMacomber and anunakki like this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    F40>f50>laf>t50>zonda>enzo

3. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I’m debating this one myself. For me it comes down to F50 or T.50. Definitely pros and cons to both. I tend to lately be biased towards the modern analog, which Ferrari hasn’t been producing. Hopefully there’s a chance with some of the Icona’s

elmadi and imahorse like this.
  4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    T50 all day. Although the F50 would be a tempting option if it were me. I hope to have this dilemma one day.

Boomhauer, elmadi and j34 like this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t quite understand why the Enzo is so far down on the list.

6. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Better be quick if you want to spec your T50....

elmadi likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I suspect the hybrid system of the LaF is going to make it a tricky thing to own long term. I do agree with F40 and F50...

carguyjohn350 and elmadi like this.
  8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I would just change f50 to be first .. that will be the one to have in 10 20 years ..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ZF123, Johnny_Bravo and elmadi like this.
  9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I personally think the T50 looks too soft, round and overall dated. The driving experience however would probably make that all moot...12k redline, manual V12 wawaweewa.

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    T50 looks too much like a new mclaren to me and not enough like the f1.

Enzo is fugly to me and the f1 system hasnt aged well.

DGPF, Loxo, furoni and 1 other person like this.
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    T50 aesthetics are not commensurate with the asking price by a long shot. Actually pretty boring for such a car.

Loxo, ag512bbi and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  12. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    I would choose Enzo for the look and T50 for the high revs manual...

elmadi likes this.
  13. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    They should have had Peter Stevens style the T50, he got is so right the second time around with the LM/GTR iteration of the F1 imagine what he could have come up with after 30 years of spotting any additional flaws in that design as GM has with the engineering side of things.

Loxo and titangolf like this.
  14. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Would go t50 based on build philosophy and ingredients. Design suits the point-of-view behind it - if not the disco - and, as with the F1 before it, might look even cooler w/LeMans win?

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I agree. The T50 reminds me of the MP12-4C...nothing striking at all about it.

ag512bbi likes this.
  16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This whole project reminds me of an aging rock band trying to recapture past glory by putting out a long-awaited album 25 years after the smash hit that launched it to fame, the new album is really good, but it just doesn't have anywhere near the raw excitement the original hit had.

IMO, as a Supercar, this T50 is very underwhelming, it seems the designer traded heavily on the F1 for inspiration, and the rear end with that propeller-like gismo is a deal-breaker.

488Julius, 500drvr, BaronM69 and 15 others like this.
  17. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I agree with Joe almost entirely. However, the weight blows my mind. Light cars are the holy grail and nobody else is offering this kind of vehicle. I expect the driving to be sensational, but given the price they won't be driven, with collectors hoping they will be worth $20M one day.

ag512bbi and elmadi like this.
  18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    If a 12,000 rpm, na, 3.9 litre V12 Cosworth engine in a light weight car with a manual isn't exciting to you, I suggest you check yourself for a pulse. :p
    Serious question. Does age (generation) have an influence in desire for such a car? Old(er) person might not appreciate a screaming v12 in their ears or have the desire to row their own gears.

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have to disagree. The car that underwhelmed me the most, given the expectations I had, was the featherweight Lotus Elise. Low weight by itself doesn 't say much. The whole package has to "come together".

4 litres (3994 cc) to be exact.

An anachronism...

crinoid likes this.
  20. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I was using the 288 as a baseline, since it's the lightest of the Ferrari supercars - I'm giving GM the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the overall package. If he can't do it, I don't know who can.

elmadi likes this.
  21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    The Elise engine was garden variety stuff. So it could never deliver.

09Scuderia likes this.
  22. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I completely disagree with all of this. Frankly in a world where somehow manufacturers are prescribing ever heavier ever more complicated cars this is a perfect illustration as what is actually needed for make a great drivers car. If anything to me this car is even more exciting now when I look at bloated over complex cars like the SF90 and huge cars like the Speed Tail.

The T50 is to me what a supercar should be, simple and created for pure driving pleasure rather than bar counter figure bragging.

As for the comparison, the T50 for me as a drivers car over the Enzo, purely because of the paddle shift which while not terrible does age the car but to me the cars aren't really comparable at all. Enzo would be a great collector car, the T50 would be an amazing drivers car.

23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The engine and straight-line performance didn't really bother me. I didn't like the turn in, the brakes and the steering. It was a bit dim-witted.

greg328 likes this.
  24. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    wow, every one talk about T50, I wonder if Gordon Murray was expecting that his new child will have such big impact on world of sport cars

greg328 likes this.
  25. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Not a problem on a 288, and highly unlikely on a T50.

greg328 likes this.