If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fat Viking, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why?

1. SoCal

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. NY

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Neither

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Tired of stupid polls

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Maybe he's a do it yourselfer.

paulchua, randkin and Fat Viking like this.
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    :D:D Ha Ha I think I said in one of my posts a Fort or Castle w/mote and "easily defensible” or your own army. DIY just didn’t get the job done for Scarface.

Fat Viking likes this.
  3. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Fascinating. Can u give similarities and differences between West Hollywood (WeHo) v. Beverly Hills. Thx again. In particular —
    ■ Entertainment
    ■ Women/Models
    ■ Making friends
    ■ Malls and shopping
    ■ Cities
    ■ Activities
    ■ Weather
    ■ Beaches
    ■ Overall quality of life

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I am certainly NOT the best guy for making comparisons as I spend so little time in either area any more now that I have retired. I used to get to both areas several times a year on business as I had clients in the greater LA area and BH and sometimes preferred to meet at home or the CC rather than office. Now I pretty much avoid LA except a couple car dealers in BH where I have shopped for cars.

■ Entertainment - Doesn't matter close enough to drive to either place from either place, and any other LA venue where there is more entertainment. Mainly down town LA for basket ball, hockey, baseball, theatre, museums etc.

■ Women/Models - Both are great maybe edge to WH.

■ Making friends - Don't know, I did not live at either and dealt with clients when in either area. Perhaps the BH folks were more to my liking as I had more BH clients who knew one another. I got on with them better?

■ Malls and shopping - Likely BH for boutique shopping not sure either has a mall. Malls are located in areas with less expensive real estate in other parts of LA.

■ Cities – BH is definitely more up scale. WH is mainly for the view in the hillside living. The flat area is no big deal IMO.

■ Activities – BH has a couple of Country Clubs which are very exclusive and quite nice. I assume hard to become a member w/o strong member recommendation? I have only been a few times to business lunches as I am not a golfer – tennis was my racquet. My clients were no good at tennis so never tried out the courts at the CCs. WH has nothing like that more like LA. I think the golf coarse near by is in Hollywood or LA city?

■ Weather - Same only a few miles apart. I assume WH may be slightly hotter in the summer as it is further inland from the beach?

■ Beaches – Neither have beaches, BH is closer to the beach area, Santa Monica but not walking distance. Santa Monica would not be my beach of choice, pretty busy but is fairly close by.

■ Overall quality of life – Have to go with BH all the way. WH is more like general LA area. IMO

■ Beaches – Neither have beaches, BH is closer to the beach area, Santa Monica but not walking distance. Santa Monica beach would not be my beach of choice, pretty busy but is fairly close by. Lots of crazies there but less than Venice beach.

■ Overall quality of life – Have to go with BH all the way. WH is more like general LA area except for the hillside homes. IMO

Fat Viking likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Jeremy, each one of the things you pointed above is odd to me.

I lived in West Hollywood for years; Beverly Hills is adjacent to it.

It's like if I asked somebody what's the beach and weather like in Soho vs. Little Italy, and what the 'models' are like each respective area?

Your inquiries are getting increasingly strange, and dare I say nonsensical fantasy-like.

Fat Viking likes this.
  6. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Where would you build a Mansion: West Hollywood or Beverly Hills?

7. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    SoCal simply because of the better weather and proximity to mountains, oceans, and deserts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Fat Viking likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Jeremy, your profile says 31, but I think it was fat fingers, and you're 13 correct?

All ages are welcome here; however, a deluge of super broad queries can wear thin.

Should I build my helipad on the roof or the lawn Jeremey?

Fat Viking likes this.
  9. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    I learnt that Beverly Hills is a separate City and has it's own Emergency Services, does that make Beverly Hills better than West Hollywood?

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #85 paulchua, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Jeremy,

The answer depends on your situation. Is there a reason why you would need frequent access to emergency services?

A few members now have expressed confusion to me in regards to your posts.

I and others can very well be presumptuous; I acknowledge that, so please give us context as to why you asked the following questions, which are so broad and nebulous, it is raising many eyebrows.

1) Where should you build your mansion?
    2) What city has the best women/models for you?
    3) What color is the best for you?
    4) What city should you move to?
    5) What materials should you use to build your mansion?
    6) What car is the best for you?
    7) Where should you vacation next?
    8) What brand car is the best for you?
    9) What do you need to do to buy a car?
    10) What city has the best emergency services?

Give us your full background, and what the reason is you have the need to ask us what *you* yourself should like and choose for *your* own life?

Fat Viking likes this.
  11. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Just looking where's best to build a Mansion is all.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Are you sitting on some considerable wealth, or is this an act of daydreaming? Also, you still have not answered the question I asked about EMS, is there a reason you need to have access to quality EMS?

Fat Viking likes this.
  13. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    I don't want to give my personal information away. I don't require Emergency Services, I just thought it'd be like having private Security?

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm not asking you for your bank account number, address, or passport number.

What I am asking is your background: you find the need to come to this forum and ask how you should live your life, it's confusing to me, and it's confusing to others.

What is the context of this?

Just be honest if you're a kid and are just doing a 'what if' session - cool. It will explain a lot. Won't get you banned, but things will make sense.

Or maybe you just won the lottery or got access to your trust fund? Your company just went public?

I don't know.

As for private security, why don't you get private security if that's what you need? How the hell do I or anybody else here knows what you need?

Do you see what I'm getting at with your questions?

Fat Viking likes this.
  15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Paul -

Perhaps his favorite word "hawt" gives a clue to his motivations ... ;)

hawt (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hawt)
    In the late 1940's and early 1950's "hawt" was an acronym for "having a wonderful time." It was eventually stolen by scenester ****s to mean,"sexy" or "attractive" because of the downfall of american youth.

scenester (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scenester)
    a person who tries very hard to fit the stereotype of a certain scene. often having to do with a specific genre of music emo.indie.punk.rock. dresses and acts in a prescribed fashion. image focused. vain.

His polls comes across as wanting to gather info to try and "fit in". Not wanting to give "personal info" is because he doesn't know what he should be yet. :cool:

paulchua and Fat Viking like this.
  16. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    I'm not a Kid and I haven't won the lottery. I grew up as a Lambo fan, I only recently got into F Cars coz someone close to me likes it, so I researched Ferrari and liked it's History (I'm a big History Guy) so here I am. I have interests that r not the norm here.

17. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Lol

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We still seem to be talking past each other. You're asking questions that I would expect from a 12-year-old.

Where and what materials should I build my mansion, so I can park my wrapped car (can you tell me how and what car and color wrap that should be btw?) in the best city to meet 'hawt' supermodels and have excellent EMS services?

Perhaps this forum would be more appropriate for your current situation?

Fat Viking likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Like I said, no age limit here. In fact, I would love to have more younger members. However, the questions you ask has been odd to say to least. The issue at hand is not age, but the content of your posts.

So fess up? 12? 11?

How old are you? Because we all know it's not 31.

Fat Viking likes this.
  20. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    San Diego is perfect but Id have to have enough money to buy a few dozen acres on a hilltop overlooking the ocean for it to be worthwhile.

Fat Viking and paulchua like this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    How the EMS services in San Diego? Lots of supermodel agencies? Also, should you use granite or travertine? Are there malls in San Diego? Also, how's the weather compare in Downtown San Diego and Old Town San Diego? What are the differences in beaches in La Jolla and UCSD?
    (just trying to guess what @Fat Viking 's questions will be)

Fat Viking and anunakki like this.
  22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol..I only learned of this thread today. Havent yet had the time to peruse the posts but Ive heard about them!

Fat Viking and paulchua like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :) take a look at his posts and enjoy.

Fat Viking likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @Fat Viking you do realize liking all my posts doesn't absolve you of, as Ricky would say "you got a lot of splaining to do!"

Fat Viking likes this.
  25. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Too much information given.