Ian Poulter's Collection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ian Poulter's Collection

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Davey S1, Jan 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    I knew that the big sports could earn a living comfortably but this level and more importantly for a Golfer...amasing!

2. mgent

mgent Karting

May 17, 2007
    The top 30/40 golfers probably make as much or more than anybody.... Not a ton of 'outside golf' advertising, but lots of corporate money for events, etc... most high-money execs would rather meet Phil/Ian/Lee Westwood/etc at a cocktail party then Carmelo Anthony...

3. sperry

sperry Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Poulter has $32 million in career tournament earnings according to his Yahoo sports profile - and for most top players endorsements bring in an order of magnitude more money than actual on-course winnings. Add good investments and other side businesses (like his clothing line) and you can get to some serious wealth.

Of course, unlike a normal job, all it takes is one or two bad seasons and then it will all go away...

4. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    beautiful collection

5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Not sure I agree with that statement. Any of us could be out of our primary income with a couple of big screw-ups. And pro athletes have the ability to come back on talent alone. Many thought Tiger was done,but I haven't seen any reports of him standing in food stamp lines. ;)

6. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
  7. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    The company I work for sponsors him. I think he owes me a ride in the 288 GTO!

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Tartan looks very nice in sports cars imo. There's a CLK GTR with tartan seats and it looks the best among them all I think...

9. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Golf money... I need some of that :(

10. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    On Twitter he recently thanked RM for completing his supercar collection. So I take it he picked up a F40 and F50 this weekend.

11. 308mash

308mash Formula Junior

May 20, 2009
    MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    yeah, how come I have to pay to play and leave $25 worth of balls behind.

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    He did not buy both.

13. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Funny thing . . . you seem willing to accept the speculation that McL beat 7 minutes on the 'Ring. You encourage that unverified fact over and over. But let someone on here post about a car sale and you change your spots.

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Geez Louise - let's not drag that silly debate all over the forum now. :rolleyes:

The only comment I will make here: People who are in a solid position to know TOLD ME - more than one of them in fact - therefore it may be 'unverified' still in your mind, but it is certainly not in mine.

As for the "Poulter F1" there was only ever speculation, never facts from anyone in the know, which was sparked by coincidental posts appearing on Twitter that some thought were A + B = F1 and in the end A + B = 288 GTO. Made a lot more sense in the end when the real answer was revealed.

>8^)
    ER

15. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

What is it about you that allows you to know things that other people don't know?

Pray tell, where are these benevolent angels which drop morsels of information in your lap and allow you to have superior information than anyone else?

And then when we ask for verification, you resort to the "I can't tell you" attitude, as if the rest of us are unworthy to receive such information.

Names, Peloton. Give us names or quit insulting our intelligence with your insider knowledge.

16. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This isn't a court room, I am not under oath and there will never be a revealing of any sources of confidential info.

I am not special, but sometimes I am treated as such by people who know me. I appreciate this.

Some other people quite appreciate the insider knowledge I am able to share. I am sorry you can't bring yourself to be one of them, or at least not quite so freaking skeptical of every word I write.

>8^)
    ER

17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The F40 was purchased by a good friend of mine, who is NOT Ian Poulter.

Period. The end.

18. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
  19. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Full collection 288gto, f40, f50, enzo and Laferrari. 275 gtb is another world...

20. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    His full collection is 275 GTB/4, 288, F40, F50, Enzo, LaFerrari, Testarossa, FF, F12,

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    It's a pretty common thing done on wedges by Vokey. Either Ian asked for it to be like that or whoever stamped it felt like doing it that way.

23. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I am one of those angels. If I find out something about an F1, it goes straight to Peloton/Erik, either here or on Automotive forums or Pistonheads or via personal email. What is it about him? His photographic memory, his passion for detail and accuracy, his nice personality, and his willingness to share all he can.

I think there are a lot of people out there who share my opinion of Peloton.

You are not part of the inner circle. Deal with it.

24. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    The inner circle? Hahahahahaha....

25. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    It's what Drive550PFB implied. So I just said yeah, there is one. :)

I don't think any non-owner outside of McLaren was invited to the F1 owners' week-long European get-together, except for Peloton. I don't know anyone else who has impressed Gordon Murray or Ron Denis as much, that is not part of the McLaren technical team. That does make Peloton part of an inner circle. Peloton's far too modest to rub it in our faces, but it's the truth.