I would kill Pedrosa with my bare hands-MotoGP spoiler | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I would kill Pedrosa with my bare hands-MotoGP spoiler

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Choptop, Oct 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    Pedrosa is an idiot,

but do you really think Hayden deserv this championship???

Rossi was very unlucky this year, many 0 points race without any fault, otherwise he would have been already at the first place from weecks

Pedrosa is an idiot, but is faster than Hayden, next year he will be the real Rossi contender imo

2. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    No he won't. The only way somebody beats Rossi is that Yamaha delivers an uncompetitive bike.

Art

3. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If Hayden doesn't win the championship I wish it would be because he got beat on the track, not because his teammate crashed him out. True, Rossi is on another level than the entire field and once he got his bike sorted out he has been once again at or near the top. Hell, look how he schooled everyone at Le Mans before his engine gave out. He was about 8 seconds ahead of 2nd place if I remember correctly. Gotta give Hayden at least some credit though. To say he hasn't been consistent is absolutely absurd. You don't lead the championship points race without being consistent, unless you are winning a lot of races which Nicky hasn't done. Sure he has been with Honda for a few years and hasn't produced the way everyone thinks he should be, but where is everybody else on the Hondas. They haven't been leading the points race, that's for sure.

Listen, Rossi will win the championship again. Coming up from as far back as he was tells the whole story. He's unstoppable. Even if Nicky would have finished in 2nd I think Rossi would pull it out next race. He's not called "Greatest of All Time" for nothing. But Nicky was the only rider to put up a fight this season

4. mad brad

mad brad Rookie

Oct 17, 2006
    hello everyone.

5. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Short answer is NO!

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Agree-Rossi is too good.

Rossi, despite his mechanical woes, won 5 races this year. Hayden has won just three his entire MotoGP career..

8. mad brad

mad brad Rookie

Oct 17, 2006
    anyone who wins any championship deserves it.

9. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
  10. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    a championship is not made by the number of wins in a season.

consistancy wins championships. Being on the track when the race is over wins championships. Luck over a season wins championships.

Rossi is prolly one of the best ever. Just look at his riding and his ability to turn it up at will. But if Yamaha gave him a bike that failed him early on, its not a reflection on his riding, but the team, and for the all the glory the rider gets, it is a team sport. There is only so much either side of the equation can do.

Hayden gained points and got a few top places and had the points lead, until his team mate took him out. Would he have finished the race otherwise? Who knows. He could have binned it trying to catch Rossi. He could have settled for 5th place and a few points to stay in the lead... who knows.

Remember the "luck" part of the championship?

anyone who has ever been in a points hunt can tell you, the season is long, and little things matter ALOT when they add up the points.

Rossi had bad luck, and some team/bike/luck problems early on. Hayden did not. The tables have turned.

Like was said in "Faster".... anyone on the MotoGP grid is a SuperHero. To ride at that level is just amazing.

11. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you'd like to see just how good Rossi is: take a look at the trap speeds for him and Hayden over the course of the year. While the differences aren't huge, there is a difference, i.e., Hayden's Honda is consistenly 5, 6 kps faster (not at all the tracks, but most of them). Only the Ducatis on occassion are faster than the Factory Hondas.

When I was at Valencia last year, watching the split time (time between corners (in Robert's computer area) you could see that the Hondas would pull fractions of a section on the straight sections, while Rossi would get those fractions back and change whenever they got to the turns. Some of that may have been the bike, but I'm sure a lot of that was Rossi.

Don't get me wrong, Hayden is a great rider, but he's come up at the wrong time. Unless Rossi gets hurt, he'll never be world champ as long as Rossi is there.

Art

12. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    pedrosa, melandri, tamada bikes are all different than hayden. hayden has complained previously that he wanted the same bike as pedrosa, which is the older but supposedly a better and proven bike. hayden's bike is basically a test bike. funny when rossi was having problems early on, people were making excuses for rossi, but when hayden is having clutch problem late in the season, he is "lying" to make excuses. uh huh ..whatever. but I am not surprised by your response as you have proven time and again you like to bash him whenever you can. rossi is better than hayden, everybody knows that. did hayden steal the race seat from you at HRC?

because YOU think hayden is slower than pedrosa almost all season, it's okay for pedrosa to make a pass that won't stick? the fact that hayden is ahead of pedrosa in the points table indicates otherwise.

anyway, whether nicky deserves a championship this season or not, it's debatable. what's not debatable is rossi is definitely a better racer. nobody in their right minds should even argue about that.

the fact is dani pee pee made a stupid mistake for himself, for hayden and for the team when he tried to make that pass. after the race, he got the gall to say he wasn't trying to pass. he definitely was pissed at the close pass hayden did on him a lap ago. how dare this american made a pass on the 3-time world champion (at the lower series of course) ? HRC made a wrong decision not to impose some sort of team order , at least in private. look at edwards did for rossi early on. smart man.

when dennis noyes said on speedtv.com is right on.

13. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Noyces is a good reporter, but I don't think that he's got it right. I spent a morning with him last year in San Deigo, and came away with the conclusion that he's pretty smart, but has his own prejudices about what is going on in the MotoGP class.

As for Hayden's bike being an experimental bike, I'd suggest that another way to call that is that he's got the A bike, with all the new stuff on it. That stuff has been tested by Honda long before it goes on his bike. It isn't like that stuff never saw the track before, they have their on track, and two test riders, I believe.

Hayden is complaining about his bike, but the bottom line is that he hasn't won many races, and frankly, isn't fast enough to deal with Rossi, irrespective of the bike.

Art

14. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    I agree. I never thought hayden is faster than rossi, no matter what bike he is on. It's just that some people make excuses for rossi when he run into problem, and when something happen to hayden, it's because he is slower or he is making up excuses.

don't you think an experimental bike has problems as well? sure it has new stuffs but new stuffs don't always work. am I correct?

15. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    New stuff is generally well tested. I suspect, but don't know, that the test riders may have different solutions than Hayden. If that's the case, then Hayden didn't get his point across to the management at Honda regarding his needs at the begining of the season.

A prime example of stuff working for one guy, and not another is Spies & Madlin. In 05, their equipment was identical. Spies couldn't run with Madlin then, and complained loudly, even going to the point that he thought Mat was getting different stuff. He wasn't, but it took Ben another year to figure out how to use the bike well enough to beat Mat. Might have the same deal here.

At any rate it's moot. Unless someone knocks Rossi down, he'll finish in front of Hayden and win the championship.

Art

16. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Art-beautifully stated; MotoGP is a great series because you don't have to have the best bike to win; the rider still counts for a lot in MotoGP (unlike a driver in F1...;) )

17. mad brad

mad brad Rookie

Oct 17, 2006
    oh, my god.

well, glad you found a home art.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Almost everyone was surprised when Honda decided to promote Hayden to its GP team. I think he had just won the AMA superbike Championship at the time. Another US rider, Colin Edwards, had just won the World Superbike Championship for Honda, and was at the peak of his form (then), but was unceremoniously 'dumped' by the japanese firm - I believe he went GPs with Aprilla for a while - now tail-gunner for Rossi at Yamaha.

It may have been dictated by marketing considerations in US, I don't know, but it was a strange choice then, and the decision hasn't been vindicated since. Hayden took months to adapt to GP, learn the tracks, etc... In the end, having been factory rider for 3 years (with Number one status most of the time), and has only 3 wins to show for it. Other Honda riders, factory or private, have been running circles around him. Even newcomer Casey Stoner has been faster than him sometimes; that shouldn't happen!

Hayden score regularly, and don't fall often, I'll give you that, but he isn't a Honda team leader material. Rossi's misfortune this year have flattered Hayden's value immensely, and he could still win the championship by default, not by skill.

19. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    it had been said that american honda was pushing for hayden and HRC japan gave in to that demand. the factory yamaha team was also pursuing hayden at the time and honda didn't want to lose him to a rival. had hayden not signed for honda, he would have signed with yamaha. if honda could do it all over again, they might just let hayden go to yamaha. who knows?

I will say one more time that rossi is a class above the rest but to say hayden sucks is a bit harsh. the factory honda team hasn't been very good since rossi left. they brought in biaggi and barros who were supposed to be rossi-beaters and they didn't do the job either. the satellite team of gresini and gibernau was beating the factory honda regularly until this season.

hayden is a level-headed and a nice guy, and because of that, I think he is just too cautious and not want to make the daring moves. he plays it way too safe. that could explain for his consistency and podium finishes but not many wins.
    either that or I am talking out of my azz !!

anyway, I am a honda fan. no matter who the riders are, as long as they ride for honda, I am their fan. I used to root for rossi too until he left honda..bummer.

20. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Ric:

Honda is Honda. Since you are in Southern California, I don't know if you know John Ulrich, editor of Roadracingworld. John was blackballed (Honda refused to advertise in magazines that employed him) by Honda a long time ago, and he had years of difficulties because of it. Rossi left Honda because of their behavior towards him and the crew and took the entire crew with him, and paid them, out of his own pocket the bonus that Honda didn't pay them.

Rossi is my hero, not only for his riding, but for the way he treated his crew. A true gentlemen. Yamaha is very lucky that he didn't sign with Ferrari. Very lucky.

Art

21. mad brad

mad brad Rookie

Oct 17, 2006
    versus colin's ADAPTATION to GP BIKES???!!!???

GMAB.

colin will go down as the biggest dissapointment among ALL of his manufacturers. let's not forget him zipping his proverbial penis in his fly the first YEAR with honda's GP program. (GIBERNEAU won many races on the same team that year BTW.)

nicky ain't no colin. (thankfully) "hey, are there any boogers in my nose?"

not exactly what honda wants. much less the fact that nicky did what colin could NEVER do this year.

it was a great investment. (shown by his signing on the big HRC team AGAIN for the next two years.)

hell, colin isn't even a decent MotoGP team-mate. no surprise he's competitive at all at the end of this season with no ride.

checa's already secured a ride...... ouch.

22. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    Art,

I have heard a little bit about John Ulrich before but I don’t know him. Interesting what you said about him and Honda. I, including other motorcycle racing fans here, would love to hear more of your past stories.

I guess I am a Honda fan due to their racing technology and engineering abilities, not their management as it’s ruthless in the business world. Honda management is known to be heavy-handed at times in the past, recently with their “alleged” blackballing of biaggi in motogp. It’s unfortunate as biaggi is a talented racer. Ducati just signed casey stoner and showed gibernau the door late in the season after gibernau had thought he had the seat with ducati. Same thing goes for Yamaha. Looks like they will sign colin Edwards for another year because they have no choice after they couldn’t find a better replacement. They have been leaving colin literally praying everyday that he would still have the seat for next year. Sad. The business side of racing is not pretty or will ever be. There is no loyalty.

Speaking of colin, what happens to colin these days? He seems to be happy to play second banana to rossi (not that he can beat rossi, far from it). This is the man who said he was going to fight for the world title when he entered motogp. He just seems to be happy to still have a seat in motogp. his desire to win or motivation is gone. I still remember his days in world superbike dueling with troy bayliss for the title. he was just absolutely great in superbike. Today he is just a shadow of his former glory days. maybe honda knew something about him then. That’s why they didn’t sign him after he left world superbike. My bet is after 2007, he will be out of motogp.

23. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    Pedrosa's actions indicate that he must have little respect for Nicky. It will be interesting to see which of the two will be more successful in during the remainder of their careers.

24. mad brad

mad brad Rookie

Oct 17, 2006
    #49 mad brad, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree with that 100% and never saw him as Honda 1st rider.