I want to look like that guy | FerrariChat

I want to look like that guy

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Schatten, May 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    http://www.iwanttolooklikethatguy.com/

After seeing this, I cannot stop thinking about how unsustainable it is to be that lean. Amazing how quickly he made progress and for those who lift or who check out the before & after thread, I recommend checking it out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpQfh0n1lY[/ame]

2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Interesting...looks like he worked very hard. Kudos to him!

I think it's sustainable, though I'm sure a lot of it has to do with your body type and, of course, your level of commitment. For most people, good general fitness will suffice (aesthetically and health-wise), so there's no need to take it to an extreme.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    His "coach"-of-arms needs to do more than a few neck exercises.

4. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    I think the front page pix are deliberately misleading... The text says it took him two years.

5. Kev33

Kev33 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    And you CAN look like that; even better with some effort. It's not the physical barrier that stops people, it's the MENTAL barrier. If your mind can envision yourself looking that way, your body will follow suit with hard work. Get a good diet plan and hit the gym everyday like you own the place. You'd be surprised what you can achieve.

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Watch the movie. It's very interesting, because it isn't sustainable if you want to look like those guys on the covers of magazines, products, & workout videos. I had no idea the cut backs of calories the body builders do to look that way for only a short amount of time.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I have a female friend who competes in body building contests. When she's in full-out competition mode, she is eating _very_ unhealthily for quite some time. She looks good from a distance, but up close you can see the pallor and side effects.

She loves it, but she's hyper obsessive about the process and pretty much lives in the gym.

8. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    Good video.

Sustainable, yes. And Kevin is right, it's mental, in the form of discipline, consistency, and knowledge of what to do exercise and eating wise.

You have to realize that all, yes, all the cover models on fitness magazines have been airbrushed.

The 'Trainer-of-Arms' says 2 things I disagree with:

'It's not natural for person's body to go to these low levels of bodyfat and it's going against natural instinct.'

It is natural to maintain low levels of bodyfat or to be lean. Becoming 'un-lean' is due to habitual inactivity and poor food choices.' Our way-back ancestors were active and lean.
    I have maintained, fluctuated between 3.8% - 6.2% bf for 18 years now. I am 43 at 4.3% currently.
    I have clients in their 50's who are not as diligent as I am that are below 10%.

'You have to feel real bad to look real good.'

That is as stupid as saying 'No Pain No Gain.' Eating right, exercising consistently the correct way, and living a stress-free happy lifestyle always feels good!

-Billy

9. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #9 wazie7262, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just because your body fat is that low does not necessarily mean you are healthy/fit. Some (many) of these body builders are grossly unhealthy -- steroid use, high cholesterol, and crappy aerobic fitness levels. I see a lot of guys at the gym doing "aerobic" activity only as a means to cut body fat. They ride a bike at little girl levels only to burn fat with no consideration for imroving their aerobic ability/capacity; I laugh at how pathetic they are cardio-wise. I can still out-lift 90% of them, and grind them into the dirt cardio-wise. My point is, don't sabotage your health for a certain (often unhealthy) look. Here's a guy with obvioulsy low body fat (I wouldn't call him the picture of health):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I don't even see what the appeal is of looking like those guys.

11. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Well said

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    He did well, good for him. :):)

13. hilton1

hilton1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 7, 2012
    That's really great workout but it possible after hard workout and i hope you can do it .
    But you need regularly .regards...

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yeah, I have a comment.

I hope all your previous exercise & nutrition posts weren't leading up to an opportunity to spam.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Someone posted it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFi3KZPa8c[/ame]

16. WCporsche

WCporsche Karting

Feb 19, 2012
    Thornton, PA
    Full Name:
    Connor Sherman
  17. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So you're not buying his earnest denials http://youtu.be/b_0jiIfKJNo :)

18. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Common now - everybody knows that Jeff Willet and Lance Armstrong just trained a lot harder than anybody else ;-)

19. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    What do you prefer?

20. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Glad to have had come across this thread. It's interesting :)

21. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

just someone who looks...I dunno...normal, with no veins popping out and enough body fat to evidence that he eats.

22. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I want to look like Daniel Craig (James Bond). I've been at that level before, although without major effort on my part, I am not naturally that lean. :eek: I may be slighter heavier framed than him, but not by much, and I outweigh him by more than I want to.

I feel so much better about the way I look in nice clothes (especially tailored) when I am very fit. I use that as my motivation. It used to be strength when I was younger, although I haven't had much of a problem maintaining a good level of strength as an adult, just difficulty staying cut. My limbs are extremely lean and respond very well to even one workout, but the torso takes work .

I've often heard successful people say it, and it is true....you have to be able to visualize what you want as reality, and then make it so. Arnold has always said that is the way he focused on goals in his life and he has had success in so many areas. Even though everyone was doing 'roids in his day, he still worked on his craft more than anyone else.

The most neglected area of men's fitness is cardio. Your can't be in excellent shape without excellent cardio, regardless of how strong you are....and you wouldn't do well in a fight against a similar man who had the cardio edge. So your muscles would be for empty show.

23. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Do you know who that guy is? Certainly unhalthy in his youth, but he is also in his 60's in that picture.

Here he is in his 30's. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD5X5OGLySI&feature=related[/ame]