I sold my 412 1987 5-speed | FerrariChat

I sold my 412 1987 5-speed

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by gordon, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gordon

gordon Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Paris
    I did that a few weeks ago after 18 years of ownership and 30k KM of fun.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I enjoyed owning this car. Almost each time I drived it, l had nice thumbs up from people. I did not expect that. The funiest one told me at a red light that that was the kind of car that Pablo Escobar probably had ! I understand what he meant by that ! I will definitevely miss that.

In 18 years I have had no major problems, only the usual suspects everybody should expect from a car that age.

It's a bitter sweet feeling but I was not driving it enough and she is now in better hands. I am sure the new owner will take care and have nice drives with her. I hope he will have as much fun and pleasure I had.

The F400 club and Paul, to name him, are very nice people to be around and great help. Thank you.

As for ferrarichat, i was not a frequent contributor but i remember that i met some nice people from here during there trip to France and had great help with some questions as "how to dismantle a door panel" !

That was great, thank you all and keep posting, i know i will come here sometimes to see more stories and more pictures of your beasts.

Jean

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    That is a lovely photo of your 412 in the garage. You can always get another one if you miss it too much. Au revoir!

gordon, paulchua and Ak Jim like this.
  3. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Au revoir!
    Félicitations pour ces 18 années de bons soins

gordon, BigTex and paulchua like this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Special cars...please stay round as there is no need to feel "ownership" is a requirement, only enthusiasm..

Live long, and prosper......

ONSilver, gordon and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. Chriskuhb

Chriskuhb Rookie

Sep 7, 2016
    Bonjour, Hello,

I think I am the lucky buyer of Jean's car...

I will indeed take care of it and drive it a lot. it is getting ready for a European tour this summer: Grand Tourisme in France, Italy, Spain and the UK where I live.

Jean - we never spoke directly because I could not travel to France but thank you for your trust in selling the car to me.

6. gordon

gordon Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Paris
    Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message and I am very happy that we can spoke directly. Vive internet !

I think you baught the car almost for the same reasons I did : it's a familly car ! :D But I'm quite impressed with your European tour. If I can give you an advice, check the AC before going ! Your friend has a very good address so that shouldn't be a problem.

Paul has also sent me a nice picture of the car in a magazine ! I know this is your car because it still have my license plate on the picture :D !

Do not hesitate to post pictures of your trip this summer. I think everybody here will appreciate.

Davidspop, ONSilver and bjwhite like this.
  7. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Welcome and congratulations! Sounds like that beauty is in great hands. Enjoy in good health!

Ruben

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What an awesome thread.

9. Chriskuhb

Chriskuhb Rookie

Sep 7, 2016