I need a 550 in Broward County... | FerrariChat

I need a 550 in Broward County...

Discussion in 'Florida' started by niftyfivefifty, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Hi everyone, a couple weeks ago my 550 decided not to start, and the issue seemed to be with one or both of the Motronic 5.2 ECUs. I sent them off to Specialized ECU repair in Oakland, FL, and both ECUs passed all of their diagnostic tests, minus a visual inspection that found a cold soldered resistor on the 5v power circuit in one of the units. They resoldered the resistor, but it did not change any of the diagnostics. Before they send them back to me, they would like to test my ECUs in a known working car to help identify if the ECUs need a complete rebuild, or if the issue is somewhere else in my car.

If you have a 550 in the Broward County area, or if you are nearby and would not mind making the drive to Specialized ECU Repair’s offices in Oakland, FL, I would love to make it worth your time as this would help me get my beloved 550 back on the road.

Thank you!

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Since your profile location says PacNW, I’ll just point out that Oakland Florida is at least a three hour drive if not more from pretty much anywhere in Broward County.

Did you mean Oakland? If so, I’d suggest asking for help in the Orlando area. Not Broward.

4. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Specialized is in Oakland park, FL basically Ft Lauderdale in Broward county. They’re around the corner from my office. Sorry I don’t have a 550 though

5. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah! Got it. Thanks!