I just had it enough... Good Bye FerrariChat... | FerrariChat

I just had it enough... Good Bye FerrariChat...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Sep 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I just had it enough... Dave and his sidekicks pushed me enough!

Here's a good example - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135185433#post135185433

I have decided to stop coming to FerrariChat.com and posting here. I seriously don't know what I did to him and his sidekicks, but when I come online to relax and talk about cars, those clowns cannot stop driving me nuts. I work at a stressful atmosphere and been using F-Chat as a place to relax and meet great people. I really have met so many wonderful people here and learned a lot about cars (and about life from some as well).

Just the other day, I was talking to some of the F-chatters, and they told me that they stopped posting on F-chat, because they were tired about seeing stupid comments by the clowns... I guess I'll join them, too.

Dave, Judge,.... seriously, if you want people to take you seriously, be more serious. The high school like behaviors, such as going after one person posting back to back and driving the person nuts, it just immature. Espesically Dave, don't you have a kid? Is this being a good example to your kid?

Bye guys, and for the real friends I've met on F-Chat, see you at the next CC event or other car events.

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
  3. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Get a f-ing life.

4. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Sorry to see it come to this. As a fellow enthusiast (aka non-owner), you've done quite a bit to bring incredible machines to events such as CC, as well as giving us great tours of places like the Marconi museum. You've definately added to the community, and it's unfortunate that you'd become such a target everytime something gets posted.

Guys, please put an end to all of this. The level of disrespect just gets annoying. Yes, sometimes things said are funny, and sometimes people need to be put in their place. But it's uncalled for to just drive people away when they aren't doing anything wrong...

5. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Hate to see you go Patrick. It's a shame some people can't find a better way to get off than bringing others down. Shows a lot of maturity and class. I'd recommend ignoring it but it's hard to put something constructive out there and have others rip it down with nothing positive to add in its place, but that's life online I guess. People's balls grow tenfold when they don't have to face these people every day in person. Keep in touch.

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    This **** has to stop........

Patrick I hope you reconsider. I don't know why people feel compelled to ridicule others here. If you don't care for some one, put him on your ignore list. That is what it's for.

Seriously, mature up..........

7. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Eh...I haven't talked to you directly on this forum before, but I've enjoyed your posts and am sorry to see you go. Sad to say, but this is the reality of internet posting. I'm sure that most here would like this forum to be 100% friendly and cooperative, but unfortunately there are always people who take strides to put others down and boost their online ego. My strong recommendation is to simply ignore these individuals and take consolation in the fact that F-chat has fewer troublemakers than pretty much any other automotive forum I've ever came across.

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Patrick, you have a PM.

9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Hank, it was really nice talking with you on the phone. I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!

10. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Patrick, if you leave they win!! stay on and just IGNORE them. I dont know what they said or what they did, but what does it matter. They can post what they want, you just got to have a hide like an alligator! too many good people have left the site cause they got their feelings hurt....you need to be stronger than that.

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hey Pat...

You wanna call me? I promise I won't file a TRO!

Lemme know and for christ's sake...lighten up!

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Patrick, I hope it doesn't end like this and that you stay. Like other's have said, use the ignore feature. I've never had to, and hope I don't have to in the future. But if you still decide to leave, be sure to say hi if you see me at CC or any FDC events. Hope you stay and hope to meet you soon.

13. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Yeah...you know this whole thing bums me out. Having met Patrick I have never seen anything but good motives behind his actions. He likes start threads. Activities. When my car got borrowed by Autorox (which he arranged) he sent me the thank-you card in the mail...nobody else did.

I don't know if I have met Darth 550 or Matteo but the stuff they do may be mildly amusing to them but dilutes the good posts and discourages others that would like to post but are afraid of being the next "target".

Granted Jimmy 540i is a target rich dude but not a prick. Patrick is the opposite of being a prick. When I see Darth with how many posts...over 10,000? If everyone acted the same way nobody would come here.

I think the responsibility of anyone that is really a "member" of ANY group is to do better than the "average" so they are givers...not takers.

Nothing new here. I see it on audioasylum more and more where it was so rare a couple years ago. Usenet groups like rec.audio.opinion went the same way and are a loss now.

Anonymity adds a lot of goofy behaviour. But I would hope better from guys here.

FWIW I got into flaming on usenet groups 11 years ago and a stranger sent me an e-mail that said I would do better if I didn't get into that behaviour. Best advice I ever got.

14. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    Patrick,

I agree, you have taken a lot of insults from some of the guys here in Fchat, and to my surprise you were taking it with good humor at first. But it has gotten out of hand.

It was a great pleasure meeting you and talking to you, and I hope the best for you. I know that even if you dont completely leave, you wont be as active as before.

I'll be sure to look for you at CC,

best regards.

George.

ps: the acura TL is an excellent choice

15. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Dave, Matt, Erik, et al...I really like you guys and would be the first in line to share my respect for you guys. Matt, Dave, you guys have done so much for me in the past and I will never forget that. However, I am the last in line to respect your behavior online lately. When your idea of "fun" causes a friend of mine to leave that is the absolute last straw. I havent been harsh enough in the past and for that I apologize to everyone...that has got to change now!

I've asked Patrick to stay...Im sure others have too...If he does, I EXPECT to see no more attacks. As a personal favor to me, please let it rest for good.

Dave I already talked to you on the phone and I expect that promise to be kept.

Erik, shoot me a PM or give me a call...Ill PM you my phone number if you want it.

I dont know how else to say this...but, Stop :)

If not, I am going to get pissed and I AM going to punish...and I AM justified in doing that.

16. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Good Jordan, be fair but firm.

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Jordan,

As a mod, I'm glad you spoke up. Patrick sent me a PM and I replied that you guys will do your job if reported. The mods here are very good. I suggest some suspensions to curb this. It should not be tolerated.

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    While my brand of sarcasm can be taken the wrong way and seen as an attack....It's not. I realize some may feel that I have gone too far down the path of absolute trolldom but it's just the dry as hell sense of humor (that I was born with) doing the talking.

That said, I don't think lowly of Pat and I did IM with him in an attempt to clear things up.

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ONE THING (as those that know me IRL do).....

I am always in it for the joke and most of this stuff should be taken as "Tongue in cheek" so I apologize if I have offended anyone!

BOKE likes this.
  19. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    #19 jordan747_400, Sep 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really want to reinforce that Dave, Matt, Erik, etc. aren't really the enemies in all of this. If anybody is to blame, it is myself and the other moderators for letting this stuff slide. They are good people and I dont want to start a trend of hatred twoards them as I dont think that is fair either. Im hardly excusing their actions, but for new members or for people who dont know them personally, dont let this stuff be the foundation of your judgement of who they are. I dont want to paint a black cloud over anyone or burn any bridges...I just want this all to end and settle once and for all. A nice group hug and therapy session might do us all some good...

I hope that message comes across as I intend it to.

That said, I still WILL punish for anymore personal attacks twoards Patrick or any other users...Jimmy, Venusone, etc...It is against the rules of Fchat and nobody is above them...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    Patrick, though I never got the chance to meet you or talk to you much, Im sad to see you go.

21. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Punish ?

22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Now, I know Darth pretty well and affirm that he's got a killer dry wit - but is not a mean person. I know that he, like many of us, is on here for fun, friendship and some car talk. If you leave an opening, however, a wise-cracker is never going to pass it up. Sometimes it's like one of those Celebrity Roasts... but sometimes even Darth tries to help you out, even if it's by *smacking* sense into you.

Although we haven't met yet, Pat, it's apparent that you're a good-hearted and well-meaning guy. You want to include people and make them comfortable. But I'll be frank: your manner on here of praise and deference for exotic cars and their owners comes off as kind of a weird obeisance that some people take as butt-kissing. I'm sure it's just an effort to be polite and reverent and it might even be cultural. Throw in your honest discussion of the wacky girl you were trying to save, wanting Ferrari owners to meet up with you while on your date (to win esteem from the girl?), and some of the other situations you've posted about and people start feeling a little less sympathetic and start to tease.

All in all, I hope you don't leave. I don't think the group is trying to hurt you, but maybe their teasing is because you have exposed a soft side or naivete that invites a jab.

BOKE likes this.
  23. ClubSpec330i

ClubSpec330i Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Patrick,

Every where you go, you will get this. This is a fact of life, some yes & some no, some like & some dislike. You have bought a large chunk to the table-so stay. Don't worry about it. Look at Jimmy, he doesn't care, I am sure he still read but just doesn't post much.

By the way, when are we going to have another Claremont Run. I would hate to see you go bro. Remember, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger. You are a businessman-take it as a challeng. I am sure those guys doesn't mean any harm. This is an open board, one should freely express what is on one's mind-without crossing a line that is.

24. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Patrick-

We're all nice guys here.. yes, some of us do go for the laugh but there's usually some truth to what we say- most of this started with a thread where you asked for advice and disregarded any reply that didn't jive with what you had already made up your mind to do. We know how that turned out, right?

IMHO, you'd avoid most of the flaming if you'd talk less and listen more. In the thread you've mentioned I replied with six others of a similar nature that you've started before. You're a smart guy, but from an internet perspective it looks like you've got absolutely no ability to make up your own mind or determine your own path. The mentors that you're always in search of detest such a mindset (on general principal) and unfortunately Dave is one such individual. Throw in his sense of humor and it's a receipe for disaster.

We've all screwed up something at one point or another in our lives, and all of us will admit to it, but none of us actively promote it unless we've learned a lesson that we'd like to share with others. The constant talk about your own misfortunes (without a silver lining or nugget of wisdom attached) only opens you up to personal attacks. The 911/Sprint, drunk driving, dating, speeding, garage, etc threads only serve to make you look like an irrational and inexperienced human being who seeks attention in a manner that most of us left behind in high school.

It's not "who you know" but it's really about "who you are" in this game called life. It may seem perverse, but the ribbing you get here isn't an attempt to bring you down but rather a way to open your eyes. That's all.

-Chris

25. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Sorry to hear that Pat. Im sure many F-Chat members and I will miss your cool/interesting thread topics aside from talking about cars most times. Better yet, lay back awhile, just stick around dude, im sure things will resolve... I got yo back! :)

- B H A N E -