I guess CNC Motors really took a nosedive. | FerrariChat

I guess CNC Motors really took a nosedive.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by lear60man, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
  2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks Steve. I did a search and came up with nada.

4. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I also learned: Don't give your title to anyone until they give you the $s! ;)

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Is this in Rossa? It says I don’t have access. If so I had a feeling this day would come the moment I dropped to silver :D.

6. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    0m55
    Must be

7. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Yes, it is, but you can just go to youtube and search on "CNC Motors" to get the (Dan's) videos of the various horror stories. Here's the link to that one from post #113 that I mentioned:

Bradwilliams and VAF84 like this.
  8. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm no financial expert, but apparently CNC Motors was "floating VIN's", in other words, they were immediately using funds gained in vehicle sales for other ventures - prior to the agreed payout dates for consignments. It all works well provided there are no hiccups, but once one link in the chain breaks...the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

turbo-joe likes this.
  9. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have learned thru experience you can run into crooks anywhere in the world. Like Basie said “people will do anything for a potato”

rampante550 and vincenzo like this.
  10. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #10 Zeff, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Just another scam artist. He over leveraged himself when he moved into the new building. I read on the internet that a certain private equity group funded the build of the new location. The equity group indicated how they funded the project. He had a huge loan to cover. Couldn’t keep it going. But hey he’s just trying to support his family. Anytime someone uses COVID or family to manipulate people they are a real pos. But I guess that line works that’s why it is so well used. I’ve heard the family and it’s for the kids line before. If you watch the interview with Clay when all’s this first got exposed you can just see this guy try so hard to manipulate with his family b.s. I’m just trying to save my family man. Lol. I knew right then, here we go again. If I ever start scamming people those are my go to lines. Save the kids and I’m trying to survive due to COVID and I’m doing what I can for my family. That should earn me some compassion currency don’t you think.

MOSS, VAF84 and ingegnere like this.
  11. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I have let Lamborghini Dallas consign at least 10 lambos of mine over the years and they have been above awesome. It puts the car in the environment
    it came from and people would rather buy from the Lambo dealer it seems. It just gives the car more credibility. However, I would not go with a independent
    like CNC. My experience is just relationship but I agree Steve, in a general way with you overall.

Zeff likes this.
  12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    In the case of CNC, they didn’t care if you gave them the title of not....they happily would just sell the car to the next victim. All they needed was physical possession of the car to work the fraud magic.

What I’m surprised about is no one took this to the physical confrontation level over the past few weeks after the news broke. You have the know there will be some victims without a chair when the music stops.

13. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Lol, Good one Zeff!

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Theres another thread on here somewhere (should be in the classifieds) where they stole a car deal out from under a member on here. I believe it was a 575m manual . it happened back in 2014 I believe when all the speculators began rushing in to buy cars. They assured the seller on here that they were not flipping the car and that it was going to somebody who was planning on keeping it, I think somebody at cnc but i dont remember exactly who. 2 months later the car was at auction and flipped. They did get blasted on here for it and tried to cry foul. The f chat member who wanted the car was an end user and not going to flip it. He got screwed

15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Awesome basset Hound! :)