I can't get this magnificent F12 out of my mind. What is it worth? | FerrariChat

I can't get this magnificent F12 out of my mind. What is it worth?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 96redLT4, Oct 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have been keeping an eye on the the used F12 market. I saw this listing at F of Rancho Mirage. No price though-says contact dealer. So I contacted the dealer. They say window sticker is $463K. Still no price. They say make an offer. Car is a '17 model year with 69 miles on the clock! Problem is that it is used and the warranty expires in 6 mth. What bold TM choices. The number painted on the door. Corduroy on the seats. Are you kidding me? What do you guys think is fair for this? Are the low miles or 70th livery worth an extraordinary premium?? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

https://www.ferrariofrm.com/inventory/used-2017-ferrari-f12-berlinetta-rear-wheel-drive-coupe-zff74ufa9h0226318

Jim

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Hard sell, so I’ll start with $260k since it’s a 2017.

3. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    ^^I think I would buy the car for this price....but I somehow doubt they will take it. Do you think its a hard sell b/c of the TM choices?

J

4. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    70th anni cars had a very mixed market reaction, some of the detailed work is lovely but be careful. Market is very unstable for these, so much so that I have mine back to the dealer at list.

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I'd definitely be in the $250 range on it (but think there are plenty of good F12's out there, so don't get hung up on 70th). Will take a special buyer to take that one off their hands. I would not expect any bargains out of Rancho.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I doubt they agree to sell <$300, so the car will sit.
    70th haven’t performed well given the questionable specs and ridiculous prices.

ScottS likes this.
  8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    $250k to start with. The one thing about the 70 anniversary cars, I have not seen any with the LED steering wheel. The F12 really needs the LED’s before you know it you have red lined.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    One thing is for certain. What ever you do, extend the warranty. That low milage number would put me off. Cars do not like to sit like this, and there's no telling what is lurking beneath after it has been sitting. Seals dry out. Corrosion can occur from condensation. Batteries go dead, tyres crack, fuel gums up in the injectors, filters and lines, condensation might accumolate in the oils and all lubrication drips away from where it is needed. Starting up an engine that has been sitting idle for a year can be a real crap shoot. It does not take many dry revolutions of a journal in a cam bearing to screw it up.

Not saying this car is an utter disaster, but there are some things tk be aware of with such a garage queen.

As for the 70 Anni spec being worth anything? Only to the right buyer. Most will pass I suspect. There's a reason why the car has been sitting after all. I'd drive a hard bargain with this one. If you buy it, don't forget to pyt new tyres on it and a new aftermarket brand name battery.

Good luck

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    So right the 70th cars were strong on TM options but poverty spec on many other items, strange combination. You do wonder who got the 70th concept through the Ferrari board.

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    while I agree not all 70th Anniv build specs are created equal, this one I would put in my top 5. That Rosso Barchetta paint is spectacular and first appeared on the F50. The interior done in that special leather color with cloth inserts for the seats is an inspired choice. Also with NO shift lights on the steering wheel but instead silver metal trim it fits this tailor made classic theme perfectly! The price is mostly due to the premium Ferrari charges for tailor made projects. SO the price shouldn't be compared to a "normal" F12...

96redLT4 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #12 ScottS, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    But would you write the check and put it in your garage?

FWIW I agree. All y’all with 2xx can buzz off. You know it won’t sell in this decade for that. The final performance of the 70 Ann series is yet to be determined for some.

Here’s my take. If you want it, give the. A number. Start with 3—. Give them you cell. Tell them when they want to sell, call you. If it’s consignment, who knows? Otherwise spec a 812 in the same colors for more performance and less money. It all the bells and whistles but mire performance. If you want the specialness of this one make an offer and work it. Ten to one anything starting with 2 they don’t respond. I’m guessing they would take 380 but i personally think that’s all the money.

Ok so what about this one? Not F12 but 70 anniv. I like it but not for that price. What will this sell for? More or less than a regular Lusso?

https://www.ferraricf.com/details-2018-ferrari-gtc4lusso-v12-used-zff82wna4j0233917.html

Scott

tfazio, Caeruleus11 and 96redLT4 like this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    there is a price to be paid for instant gratification. Only the buyer knows the number he can live with.
    Personally the 812 is the better drive but would serve a different purpose compared to a "delivery miles" Anniversary model that has already aged a few years!

ScottS and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    IMHO this is really a collector piece and not a car upon which to put serious miles. It sure is a pretty spec.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes. But someone will have to buy and hold. Future behavior will determine whether the prices now are dips or initial decline for further decline. You could be very smart or very unlucky. Question is could you TM an 812 very similar for the same price and drive it ?

No takers on my lusso 70th question?
    The owner had to have it at that time. What should I offer ?

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    On the Lusso, $200k under what the msrp is. The red interior is a killer on price. This car will be at the dealer for at least 2 years at or longer at the price they want for it. There is a dealer (Continental) in Chicago that has a California 70 over $300k my guess they will be stuck with that for many years. My guess it will sell in a few years at around $150 at best.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    LMAO...car will sit unless someone foolishly buys in $300’s. Get 812 all day for that price.

LVP488 and IPO1 like this.
  18. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thank you all for the feedback. In doing a little research of the F12 market it looks like there are now a number of these 70th anniversary specs available, most with super low miles, in the mid $300Ks and that is the asking price. Sounds like a lot of folks will be taking a big haircut on these cars which are otherwise not being driven or enjoyed. Maybe people just enjoy looking at them. Pity....

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    That interior is horrible IMO. Prolly cuts prospective F12 customers by 90% or more. Good luck with resale, wouldn't even touch that spec for $250K. Many much more desirable specs available for purchase as better price, it's a buyer's market.

Philipnz likes this.
  20. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks about as collectible as QVC coins with a certificate of authenticity IMO. It's an F12 with a giant white number on the side, unique leather seats, painted in "Kinda Dark Red?" red.

These cars are just a marketing exploit to move left over parts. It's only collectible to the sole guy on the planet who wants it, who apparently doesn't exist yet because it's 3 years old and still sitting on the showroom floor.

LVP488 and Philipnz like this.
  21. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    Man you guys are brutal but it’s all true

22. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    That one is stunning. All it takes is one buyer.... could be a cool conversation piece to have a 70th anni spec that speaks to you, plus with the F12 in the last Pininfarina NA V12 for what it's worth

Interestingly I always found a "fatal flaw" in each 70th spec Ive come across, missing a must have option for me whether race seats, LEDs on steering wheel, hifi sound (important for me), etc...

I'd go for one that has seen some mileage though as Co-Pilota mentioned, for some peace of mind and also for the consequent price drop

Bundy and 96redLT4 like this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    70th anni cars were ridiculously priced from the start, so that the only interested buyers could be speculators hoping for a financial return - that's why they all have ultra low mileage, they were never bought to be driven.
    Now it's like a Ponzi scheme - only interested buyers are the ones believing the prices could still go up.
    Seems like there are not that many around though.
    For the sellers there are two options - wait indefinitely if they do not need money, or accept a huge hit.

24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The only 70th Anniv F12 that potentially interested me was the one with Pecora race seats. But the red paddles, dash inserts, and center tunnel inserts were a deal breaker. It sold within 7 days of being listed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    So true all this, I just don’t know what Ferrari were doing with 70th, almost like a competition in bad taste and super expensive options like certain leathers alongside penny pinching like under size wheels and no carbon. Bizarre. I wouldn’t touch.

96redLT4 likes this.