I am TR-Less.... | FerrariChat

I am TR-Less....

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ASG 86TR, Mar 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    #1 ASG 86TR, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Horseless Carriage arrived at 1pm to load the TR into the truck....it's way to the new owner in Michigan. Very bittersweet...I bought the car back in August of 2001, and joined Fchat when it was a very different chat board...I made a lot of friends and had a blast with the car...I am going to miss it...but it wasn't fair to leave it up on the lift not driving it enough...It's going to a good home...someone who loves cars and is now a first time Ferrari owner...I hope he enjoys it as much as I have...

Not sure what I am going to get next...this summer is going to be very busy building out 2 possibly 3 brand new stores and then trying to get them up and running...and it's not like I can bring anything that isn't armored into Paterson NJ...LOL...

I am sure I will get the bug again soon enough....maybe a convertible this time...of course that's all based upon how many donuts I sell....

Adam...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats!

Your story is the complete opposite of mine.....we must be bizarro world.

I sold my donut stores in 1999ish and then bought my Testarossa single mirror which I still have.

:)

Good luck on your new venture.

3. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Adam, glad it went to good home. Sounds like our situations worked out best for both of us. I appreciate your earlier understanding. A true gentleman.
    Good luck with your expanding DD empire!

4. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Love that pic with the exhaust steam in the cold weather and snow.

5. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Congrats. Is it headed to Palm Desert CA?

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Haig, its going to Michigan.

7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I've witnessed this scenario firsthand from the buyer standpoint. You're going to wish you still had her. One funny constant that I see here in the community is career drive in relation to the cars. Seems like once we get that first ferrari it somehow hits a warp speed button on our work load. Ive always worked my ass off, but once I took ownership of my TR it just makes me that much hungrier to get another toy. The previous business year has smashed all of the past years. Happy hunting gentlemen :)

8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Adam,
    I share your feeling as I just went through the same experience: I sold my 88.5. I do regret it but health forced me. My wife took down the 2 x 3 foot picture that I had taken the day I got and and had hanging in our living room, so that I would not be reminded of it every day. I still have the 360.

I will be selling some of the things that I had bought, like the workshop manual, torque wrench, center-lock socket, etc. I will post those in the For Sale section.

Keep us informed of your decision regarding replacement.

9. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Hi Adam and sorry to see her go.. Been there done that.. The worst is when she is getting loaded up on the truck.. I was devastated and bradwilliams was elated.. Its all good.. It all works itself out..

R

10. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    You got a hot b*tch and you dont want her to go elsewhere so you run to the gym and keep yourself in shape so that everytime your gonna give it to her you give it to her good.. Real good.. Funny how it happens.. But I agree.. You know what you got.. She's hot, b*tchy, feisty, and arrogant.. It takes work to keep a b*tch like that interested and more importantly in check.... lol.. I know..

R

11. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Vince,

I have a feeling it will be the same for me when my car is gone. The idea of having her as garage queen sucks and so does giving her up. I just don't know which is worse. I am healing slower than expected but I know without a back operation, I probably will never be the same and will not last hours in in her.

So when times comes for me to say bye, I decided that I will not witness the last minute departure. I will drive her to my office, leave the keys with my secretary and leave before the truck shows up. I think it will be less painful. I only want to remember her with my happy 30,000 miles that I put on her and nothing less.

When the work was being done after the accident, I never did bother to go down to the shop and watch her taken apart and put back together.

For all these reason anything less than my asking price most likely not fly with me so I am comfortable for now having a Road Queen turn into a Garage Queen.

12. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Man, you are on top of things... :)

I was thinking the guy that didn't buy mine was buying this one and I would see it at Palm Desert Concourse.

13. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Was a secret hand book written by Mr. Chairman given to Brad??? You have the right not to answer this question... lol

14. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I hope to you at the end of the month in Palm Desert.

15. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have watched 3 Testarossas leave home....and it always tore a piece of my heart out. Two of my "babies" left on a trailer - I helped load them up, and the 3rd I traded in on another piece of fine Italian machinery. Each one of those "mistresses" left it's mark on my life, and I miss them all terribly. Like the song says..."to all the girls I've loved before..."

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Hahah. Yeah I've wanted the car my whole life but Chairman schooled me on everything there is to know about it as well as the temperament. I just love cars, so when I buy something, I'm almost always in love with it. If I ever sell a car, which is rare, it is because I just don't want it anymore. And of course uncontrollable events can happen that take them away. Much like what has happened to Testarossa Lover, which sucks. You know that a car is special if you miss it when its gone. The only two cars I've had this happen to were my 1991 LS400 Lexus and my W12 VW Phaeton. Epic cars, unparalelled engineering, pure bliss to drive. Every time I got in to go somewhere was an event. Obviously not as fun as the F cars. But they were both totalled, because there is no way in hell I'd hand over the keys to either. They were that good, and I miss them both to this day. If you've never driven a VW Phaeton, you owe it to yourself to give it a whirl. Best lux car of the past decade, hands down. I know I'd cry crocodile tears if I ever let a good TR go, so I never will.

17. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yep....I had a W12 Phaeton too! Truly a fantastic car. Only a few hundred W12 cars in the entire world if I recall correctly. Nobody knows what it is...I was always answering questions about it. People couldn't believe you could get a VW with a 12 cylinder engine. I do miss that car.....awesome torque, smooth as glass, technology that rivals Nasa...incredible car. Almost any kind of repair was hugely expensive. I'm always looking for another W12, but what I've seen lately is pretty rough.

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Yeah, the repairs are pretty tough. A black w12 four seater was up for grabs a few weeks ago. I was inches away from calling the guy and telling him I'll take it. My only complaint about the W12 was the fact that they put in a 5 speed where-as the v8 phaeton that I had before it had a 6 speed which has been noted as more problematic, but was a better transmission to live with IMO. Not sure why they did that considering the Bentley has the exact same engine, but with the 6 speed. Other than that the car was beyond perfect. Incredible build quality, I drove a bentley GT a few months later and was shocked that the Pheaton actually felt more solid and better built. And I loved the draftless ventilation system, something that no car on the planet has yet or has been able to figure out. Plus it's nice to smoke cigars without having the air vents blow the smoke everywhere. I'm going to go back to the V8 again, whenever I get one. Which I know will inevitably happen. I'll probably just wait for a birthday as an excuse to go get another one.

19. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I heard they used the old trusty 5 speed because the 6 speed was not yet able to cope with the W12 Pheaton's weight and torque. But that doesn't make sense since the Bentley was about as heavy. I think that VW used their own specific intake manifold too....it didn't look like the Bentley's or the Audi's.

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I see, yeah very strange. Those cars both came out in 2004 too. I'd really like to have a GT. I think its a gorgeous car. The only two things that have kept me at bay so far have been the phaeton's better build quality, and the pretentiousness factor. Clarkson pretty much nailed it when reviewing the car. It is brilliant and pretty, but is very boring. When you drive the phaeton, you know you are driving something special.

21. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    You two should just get a room.. lol..

R

22. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Adam, that was an incredible sounding car. I remember hearing it come by as Carbon McCoy and I had pulled over at an underpass to put the top on my car because a storm poped up. We were heading to Bruce"s house for a party back in 2002 or 03 maybe. It was the year following John Arend"s party, wow how time flies. You had just put on the exhaust and it sounded like an old F1 car.

Best of luck with the business venture, I'm sure it wil be successful and hope to see you in the future. Someone got a great car.

23. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    You sold your TR?!!

24. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    James,
    Yes, unfortunately I did. It was not an easy decision, and I do miss it, but circumstances led to that decision.

25. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Haha, I know you're tired of me talking about that car, but I can't help it, it's a flipping awesome machine!