I am having problems with my 360 coupe alarm. | FerrariChat

I am having problems with my 360 coupe alarm.

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by NathanBennett, Oct 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    #1 NathanBennett, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    It is a 2002 model year that I got from CNC Motors in Toronto, CA. I was treated great by Cam and the guys at CNC and JP Logistics did an excellent job delivering the car; this all happened 2-3 weeks ago.

I get in the car and close the door and attempt to start the car in the recommended way. Some of the time the car will start right up, but other times the car will only turn the motor over and over. When it does start it runs fine. Usually, but not always, if I twist the master key in the trunk (up front) and wait 20 to 30 mins the car will start right up. But not always. If I am stuck away from home this is a stress inducing scenario. I just never know if the car will start or not.

The pattern I follow is as follows:
    I get in the car----I press the remote and turn the key 2 clicks until I hear a potpourri of sounds and then the "Check OK" light comes on in the dash......I make sure my foot is on the brake and the gear shifter is in "N". I then turn the key the rest of the way on and the car should start. At this point, the car may start or just turn over and over.

I may well be doing something wrong in the start-up process. I need some help as this is really getting to me.

I live near Fort Smith, AR and was wondering if any of you guys know of a good independent shop (one you have confidence in) as I am not wild about taking the car to Dallas, the nearest dealer. Thanks so much for you help. I got the car about two to three weeks ago and this has been an ongoing problem for me.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    When you press the remote does the little red light in the dash stop flashing ? The car will not start if the light is flashing

3. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Try Vince Hill in Joplin. Hill's Automotive.

4. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    Thanks for the help.
    This morning before leaving for work I got in the car and started it up without a hitch. This afternoon when I got home I went thru the same routine and the car started fine. After being out of the car for a couple of minutes I decided to try it again. This time (shortly after getting out of the car) when I pressed the remote the light on the left dash area began flashing very fast and then slowed to a steady flash. Of course, the car would not start. But when I tried there was then a cacophony of noises and I had to press the remote to get the noise to stop. I then went inside the house for 45 mins or so and when I tried again the car started right up.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong. I think I will call Hill's Automotive (as recommended) and see what he has to say. Thanks again. Nathan

5. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    +1, also does your car beep when you push the button? If not I think greyboxer is on the right track. I have seen some that don't beep and they can be tricky. From what you describe it's sounds like you just aren't getting the alarm down pat yet.

Vince Hill is a great guy to check with also as Deon stated.

6. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    Thanks for the help everyone. I slowed down and made a point of doing what all you guys said to do. I have not had any problems starting the car in several days. And I have made a point to start the car at least 2-3 times per day.
    In case you come across anyone else having this issue I feel like the "key" to this starting procedure is to make sure the red light on the left dash has stopped blinking after you press the remote. Do not try to start the car if the red light is still on. I was merely getting in too big of a hurry. And once you screw it up it just gets worse as the car becomes more and more irritated with the dumb driver (as in my case).

7. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    Glad to help! I know how embarsaing this can be as I used a friends 360 for my wedding get away car. After the wedding we all go out wife and I get in the car and I forgot if the red light was supposed to be off,on, blinking. So I tried and tried and finally as everyone was starting to laugh it fired up!

8. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    Thanks again Scott. All is well in the car world now. I was having problems with my 993 TT, but I think I have that sorted out as well now. I believe it was a relay. :)

9. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    Nathan where are you at, I am in FS -VB area daily although I live in NWA..some of us in the area get together every now and then and do a run or meet up.

10. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    I live about 6 miles south of Waldron on HWY 71 (in the Ouachita mountains). My address is Parks, AR. I have been a "country doc" here for over 20 years with my main office in Waldron. Anyway, maybe we will run into each other some time.

11. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    change the battery in the remote!