HYDRA MOTOR WORKS | The Ultimate ECU Tuning Solution | FerrariChat

HYDRA MOTOR WORKS | The Ultimate ECU Tuning Solution

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by Hydra Motor Works, Oct 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hydra Motor Works

Jan 11, 2018
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Ashton
    Hello FerrariChat!

Bobby here from Hydra Motor Works wanting to introduce you to our tuning solution for your 458 and/or 488!

Tuning for the 458 has been around for some time now but the 488 has been a different animal. With the new ECU updates in the 2018+ it has thrown a curve ball in the tuning industry. We are proud to announce that we can unlock and tune ALL 488's in-house and in the same day!

Not local to the West Palm Beach area? No problem - if you ship us the ECU of your car we can unlock and tune it and overnight/express ship it back within 24-48hrs!

Feel free to shoot me a DM for any/all questions or inquires!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Anindith Reddy

Apr 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Anindith Reddy
    Impressive gains you have there and I like how its a bench flash and not a piggyback style module. Having said that, the 488 is advertised to have 660 Hp and considering a 15% drivetrain loss it should be at ~560 whp correct ? WHich gear was the pull made in ? In you opinion does the 488 make less power than advertised? Lastly, is the torque limiting/gear still in place? being a 488 owner I personally feel that more torque can be allowed in the lower gears . Would be interested to hear your thoughts

Hydra Motor Works likes this.
  3. Hydra Motor Works

Jan 11, 2018
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Ashton
    Thanks for the kind words! We are definitely happy with the results we were able to get from these 488's combined with our tune. So much power is left on the table from tuning alone. I'll list out the answers to your questions below! :D
    • When the car gets dyno'd, whatever power it puts down is what we advertise. It is safe to say that there is no magic number to pinpoint as far as drivetrain loss. It varies so much between each vehicle, model, dyno, conditions etc. that it wouldn't be fair to make a blanket statement that all 488's have a 15% loss. There are just too many factors that play After strapping down this 488 and doing multiple pulls with it under the same conditions this is the most accurate representation of the power it puts to the wheels. When developing the tune - the car remained on the dyno, strapped down while the bench flash was being completed. We then ran the car under the same conditions it was ran in stock, and compared the numbers - all in the same day.
    • The car gets pulled in 5th gear
    • As far as the torque limiting - the car no longer restricts the toque in lower gears after the tune is performed. The dyno chart obviously won't be able to show that since the pull is made in 5th gear but I can assure you that the car will allow for maximum torque in all the lower gears.