Hurricane update | FerrariChat

Hurricane update

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Nov 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Hey guys,

We have been without electricity, phones, Internet, and heat all week. The only damage reported at our shop is wind damage to the overhead doors. All cars are safe and sound. We will resume business once the power comes back. Good Luck to everyone else affected by the hurricane. Finding gas and cell phone service is a joke right now.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Good to see you. I've PM'ed and emailed a few others from the region who were too close to Sandy for comfort & haven't checked in lately.

via rubber ducky

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Good to hear you faired well!! Welcome back.

4. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Great to hear, Dan!

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Glad you're Ok Dan- I had my brother-in-law swing by the shop just to make sure everything was OK. Almost all of my family is still without power on the Island and we've got a few in-laws who are homeless right now.

What a mess.

6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thanks guys for all the kind words, phone calls, and Pms. This really is a great community.

For the out of state guys, this is a sample gas line from a few days ago. Now people are parked and sleeping in there cars on line waiting for trucks to show up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11og8m6ZMb4&list=UUfXu0SFbT4oUfKa0lilOXow&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

7. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This is crazy. I feel like we live in a third world country. I haven't seen one gas truck on the roads yet. They should be lined up and driving in a convoy to get out to us at this point. Unacceptable.

8. tonyhemet

tonyhemet Karting

Jul 21, 2012
    hemet,ca,usa
    Full Name:
    anthony gonzalez
    Dear sirs: The management has determined that getting food, medical supplies, water and spare machine parts is more important than getting gasoline supplies delivered to the nearest BP.
    Quite simply the aforementioned items are called necessitys.
    Then all of the basic services need to be restored, such as electricity, sewage and sanitation and water treatment facilities.
    Add to this all of the damage done to area highways and bridges, it takes a mighty strong bridge and highway to support the weight of thousands of big rigs necessary to accomplish all of this, add to this mix all of the out of state construction crews coming into the area to, in some cases literally rebuild damm near everything.
    Who do you think gets the priority on fuel ? Not the common motorist, everybody else so they can return a sense of normalcy to these hard hit states.
    So it looks your just going to have to put on hold the local meeting of the cars and coffee club,because there are more pressing issues right now.
    As for the third world feeling you may be experiencing, rest assured, you live in the greatest country on the planet and what other countries are still struggling for years, this country will have up and running in a few months.
    Still not acceptable ? Get involved, participate in the American experience, then post how you and others helped out, we need stories of encouragement, we need stories of heros.

9. tonyhemet

tonyhemet Karting

Jul 21, 2012
    hemet,ca,usa
    Full Name:
    anthony gonzalez
    Dear sirs: The management has determined that getting food, medical supplies, water and spare machine parts is more important than getting gasoline supplies delivered to the nearest BP.
    Quite simply the aforementioned items are called necessitys.
    Then all of the basic services need to be restored, such as electricity, sewage and sanitation and water treatment facilities.
    Add to this all of the damage done to area highways and bridges, it takes a mighty strong bridge and highway to support the weight of thousands of big rigs necessary to accomplish all of this, add to this mix all of the out of state construction crews coming into the area to, in some cases literally rebuild damm near everything.
    Who do you think gets the priority on fuel ? Not the common motorist, everybody else so they can return a sense of normalcy to these hard hit states.
    So it looks your just going to have to put on hold the local meeting of the cars and coffee club,because there are more pressing issues right now.
    As for the third world feeling you may be experiencing, rest assured, you live in the greatest country on the planet and what other countries are still struggling for years, this country will have up and running in a few months.
    Still not acceptable ? Get involved, participate in the American experience, then post how you and others helped out, we need stories of encouragement, we need stories of heros.

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Having gone thru several hurricanes in south fl., I am aware of how long it takes to get things back to some kind of normal. Power is a biggie. At my home power was out 10 days and that meant no cooking, cold showers, and no tv or internet. I bought a generator and ran it as I could about 8 hours a day. Had to drive 60 miles for gas and I bought a tanker for my truck and could hold 150 gals. I gave gas to my neighbors. I bought a generator for some guys who work for me and helped them get set up. It is a real pain in the assssssssss. I do agree that countries like Haiti are still in the dump 3 years after the earthquake and so is the Bahamas after the hurricanes. It will be better soon. The job is sooo big and the work to be done in never ending. I am surprised that so many have power on now. The rest will be slower and slower. They are doing the biggest bang for the bucks first. The last ones will be the least bang for the buck.

11. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    The main thing I'm happy to see is no looting. There have been a very serious incidents over gas though.

12. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    What "management" has decided what?

Kai

13. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have no idea what he is talking about either.

14. way2evil

way2evil Rookie

Jan 18, 2006
    long island
    Glad you made out ok with minimal Damage
    Sorry about the doors