Hungary Race **spoiler** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Hungary Race **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Aug 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

When did he cheat during this race ???

2. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    IMHO he had no steering problems, he had no tires due to a risky tactic that did not work, as simple as that. The steering will be fine if he did not have those 3 stunts.

BTW I do not think he cheated, I think he lost his temper on a adverse situation.

- Julio.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's the opposite for me. Everytime I see FA, I see that he is just getting better and better. His performace today starting 15th in the wet and getting up to a top 4 after a few laps speaks volume. I can't take that away from him. Then he gets all the way to the front. You can't deny he's an amazing driver.

Not sure if the rest of you watch Top Gear, but JB was on the show last week. Jeremy kept asking JB when he'd win his first GP! :p Little did he know he would do it a week from that day. :D

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Um, it is RACING you know. Not letting someone get past you is the point of competing. I think MS and FA are as competitive as hell as all of the greats in the past were. The truly gentlemen drivers seldom appear as WDC. Some people suggest Mika Hakkinen was the last one, but if you really go back and look at the two seasons he won, you'd see he had a pretty mean streak also.
    Don't let the press conference demeanor fool you.

I thought is was by far the most dramatic race of the season and only fitting that it did not really change the drama of the title races.

5. illxxblood

illxxblood Karting

May 31, 2006
    so why exactly did michael have to stop? was it a steering failure? either way it's a bum out. his tires looked brutal when he pulled into the pits!

6. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    I see that show LOL, I was thinking the same.

7. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    How about when he steered left into (can't remember whom) in turn one early in the race and broke off his LF wing? How about when he blocked de la Rosa corner after corner and then cut the corner to hold position?

C'mon, if you've watched Schumacher over the years you know that he's a dirty driver (unless his car is demonstrably faster than anyone else's).

Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, the stunt at the Gasworks in Monaco this year, the clearly deliberate steering to the left in turn one in today's race; he's a creep. He's a hell of a driver, but the reason that there is NO unanimity on his greatness (why do people still talk about Fangio, Clark, Prost and Senna as being better champions?) is because of his poor character and sportsmanship.

8. Fumacher1

Fumacher1 Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Roosendaal
    Full Name:
    Vu
    Alonso is good...but Bridgestone had problems under weat conditions. I think the change of just Bridgestone next year is ideal.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    But in Monaco MS was thrown to the back and nothing happened to FA, so it's not the same at all.

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

He didnt steer left , he caught the tail back .
    And what he did with De la Rosa is racing . He was fighting dor his position nothing more..

11. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    This race was very satisfying in a low-key sort of way for me.

I was greatly saddened when FA lost control. But then it wasn't his fault that that happened.

So I was actually glad when MS went out of the race. The difference here is that MS's trouble was entirely of his own making. If he'd driven with a more long term goal in mind, he wouldn't have had the trouble with Heidfeld. At least this way the championship race hasn't been affected.

And as a nice touch, three new faces on the podium, always a nice sight. And Button deserved the win.

Great race overall! :D

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What a fantastic race!!!!

Congratulations Jenson Button, well done!

And I have just become a new de la Rosa fan. What a great drive towards the end.

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Good job Robert Kubica... points in his first race!

Great job Jenson... a few years over due for the first win... but better late than never!

Excellent race from Nick Heidfeld!

Rubens seemed a little lost out there and should have tried harder to end up on the podium.

Ferrari gain one point over Renault in the championship!

14. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Yes but if a driver cuts a chicane when he is being pursued by other driver, the rules says he has to let the other car pass. MS did not allow PDR that twice.

BTW when MS hit is wing I don't think it was on porpouse, in the video you can see clearly that he lost the front for a split of a second. If something, his wing hitting the other wheel car might have even helped MS no to lose the car harder.

- Julio.

15. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Anyone that is accusing MS of cheating please get a life...

16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

He cut the chicane to avoid contact its not the same as cutting to gain seconds . And , yes when he lost his wing , he did do it on purpose as some here might say , he was just catching the tail.

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Seriously. Its racing nothing more. Oh my God , he's defending his position ! He's a cheater !

18. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    HOORAY ! 1 point :D

19. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Rumor says that PDR has the support from Mercedes to be 2nd driver next season, and that Ron is the one not so sure about it.

20. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    The only naughty bit of driving for schumacher was when he gained an advantage by cutting the chicane after DeLaRosa beat him into the corner, if MS had been sensible he would have let PDLR past later on in that lap, as it was he didnt and no doubt would have been hauled in front of the stewards for it

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, he didn't look impressive in Hockenheim, but he sure was great today. I guess they can wait a little with that decision.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. That would have been a drive through penalty, which most likely would have cost him also the Heidfeld position.

23. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    No, he didn't. Watch the incident. He was going around the corner just fine; he steered left to punt the back end of the car ahead of him to cause a spin and misjudged it.

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Although MS clearly wound up being his own worse enemy, the real culprits in the end were his team, for not changing tires at his last stop. If he had had a fresh set of intermediates (even scuffs), I don't think he would have fallen into the clutches of either de la Rosa or Heidfeld, and the contact that put him out would never have occurred.

Aside from that, congratulations to Jenson Button and to Honda for finally winning a GP. If I'm not mistaken, the first win for an all-Honda F1 car since Monza in 1967?

As I drive a Honda Civic when I'm not driving the Ferrari, that result is fine with me!

25. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    You clearly see things the way you WANT them to see. A fierce battle for positions = racing, and that's the way it should be. Unforseen things CAN happen.
    Formula One suffers for the lack of overtaking in recent years, and if it does happen some people start complaining about it as if it was cheating... I'm getting a little tired of it. Schumacher took risks and it didn't work out in the end. So be it.

Congratulations to Button, well deserved!