Hungary - Qualifying - **spoiler** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Hungary - Qualifying - **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Aug 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ron, is that you? ;)

That's what McLunken thought about the BMWs in Australia. But they weren't all that light. In tight tracks (like Monaco and Canada), the BMWs do pretty well. As long as Nick's pit crew don't muck it up.

Ron probably isn't the only one upset with a pit crew: Leaving those option tires sitting there getting cold while they pushed Massa back for fuel was really, really dumb. I like the kid, but Massa isn't experienced enough to drive around a foul-up like that. I'm not sure anyone on this year's grid is.

The one I'm watching for is Ralf. Trulli pulled a 19 out of ... somewhere, in Q2. To get 6th (while Trulli is in 9th), I suspect Ralf ran Q3 on fumes. I'm guessing that Ralf will be the first one to pit for fuel.
    ... And that he's praying that the skys will open up around lap 5.

Haven't heard yet.

I remember seeing that: Fisi was on a warm-up lap, while Sutil was on a "hot" lap, but Sutil never got around him. I think the argument will be that the Renault's warm-up pace is still faster than the Spyker's quali pace.

It's not like Sutil was going to get into Q2 without a strap-on rocket.

2. AceAndy

AceAndy Karting

Mar 8, 2007
    Torino, Italia
    Some things are more important than winning.....like integrity

3. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Okay, okay. Let me clarify: Yes, if the McLunks take each other out in T1, we'll take the gift as given.

But hoping for it is a form of giving up -- to say that we're certain that Ferrari can't beat them on track (or in pit strategy). And I don't think it's gotten that bad.

It's always more satisfying to beat the competition than to get a free ride.

Especially when the competition is cheating five ways from zero.

You don't hope Superman will give Lex Luthor bone cancer by hitting him in the back with Xray vision when nobody's looking, do you? ;)

4. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
  5. ren0312

ren0312 Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    I am not saying that it is OK for a team to cheat to win, I am saying that people should be happy to recieve a win as long as it is not done through via improper means, such as sabotage and cheating, even if the way in which your team won may not be considered to be "manly" enough, although for valid reasons it is still best if you beat your opponent mano e mano, for example, I am sure most LA Lakers fans will be happy to have the LA Lakers win in game 7 of a championship even if the reason that they won the game was because 2 of the opposing team's players were injured in game 6, and not because the LA Lakers were able to beat the opposing team with their lineup intact, and most analysts agreed that had the opposing team had a healthy lineup, the LA Lakers would have had the odds still against them, despite the LA LAkers managing to perform the feat of extending the series to a game 7, what I am saying is that as long as your team did not cheat to win, you should still be happy that your team won, as opposed to losing, this is not the Klingon Empire you know.

6. ren0312

ren0312 Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    You have to admt that baring a major mishap like Monza 2006, Ferrari chances are not very good.

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    When you point your finger at someone, there's always three pointing back at you.

Carol

8. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    How often had Senna been praised for being able to pull a win off an inferior car?

It's better to lose an honest game than to win a crooked one. You can learn something from losing.

They say that Enzo was always at his best when the team was losing -- he had something to improve.

9. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
  10. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow

He didn't cheat his teammate. He was following orders.

11. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    This is just bizarre, makes you question why Ron Dennis acted they way he did on the pit wall then with regard to Alonso’s trainer.

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    It will be interesting if they penalize McCheater driver Alonso for blocking his own teammate in the pits but the FIA does not penalize the McCheater team when found guilty of breaking the rules against SF.

This would be another slap in the face to SF even though it may inadvertantly help them at the start in Hungary.

This is so bizarre. The FIA should be ashamed of their lack of standards. Can't wait for the verdict. This is more entertaining than a ladies mudwrestling match. :D

Too bad it is at the expense of the integrity of the sport.

13. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    Dumbest thing ever posted on Fchat, and that's saying something.

14. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Daily Mail:

Hamilton first vented his anger to Dennis over his in-car radio. "Don't ****ing do that to me again," he said. Dennis replied: "Don't ****ing talk to me like that," at which Hamilton told him: "Go ****ing swivel."

Think maybe there are some internal problems on the McCheater team? LOL

Maybe Hamilton will drive for SF after all. Will Lewis be able to cuss out Mr. Integrity (RD) and survive? Stay tuned, Tifosi. It's going to get real interesting me thinks. :D

15. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    where did they get that radio transmission? I can't imagine Hamilton saying that to RD - but what the hell do I know

16. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    LH was referring to what he was told at Monaco over the radio by RD by adding the rejoinder "again"...

17. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Alonso dropped 5 places for delay

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, I'm not sure exactly how much influence these guy's have on the driver but there has to be more to it than just FA's own decision to hold up LH. I'm wondering if in the event of this kind of situation that they didn't have this trick already planned and up their sleeves? Pretty slimy move regardless of circumstances. The truth shall set you free! :)

19. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. Guess you missed the :D.

Is this because you are a fan or not a fan of ladies mudwrestling? ;)

When Schumi blocked the track during qualifying wasn't he put in the back of the grid? It's ONLY 5 places I guess if you are on the McCheater team, that way you are still ahead of one SF driver (Massa). Is there a set rule or do they make this stuff up as they go along? Bizarre indeed.

20. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    BBC also reporting that McLaren "will not be allowed to score constructors points".
    ???

21. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    For this race (Hungary) only?

22. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    It's all gone arse over tit for Ron hasn't it?

23. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Yes, for this race only McLaren will not be awarded any Constructors points. This is appealable and RD will appeal to the stewards of the meet. Race results will be provisional until a hearing is scheduled at the International Court of Appeal.