HSR 24 Hour Daytona Event | Page 3 | FerrariChat

HSR 24 Hour Daytona Event

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Sep 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    333SP is probably my favorite sports racing car of all time. thanks for the pics!

who is the driver between Tullis and the Taylor boys?

2. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The 333 sounded a little off. The guy in the white Camaro was hustling it through the trioval.

3. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Thanks for the compliment :) but don't put your camera down!

We need more pics and I'm glad you made the effort. Different photographers means different perspectives. I like your added commentary as well.

If you were sitting on the hood of your car parked right at the exit of the little horseshoe just before dark on Saturday I was standing on the fence a few cars down. Your white shirt with all the lettering in black had caught my eye as I'm used to everything Ferrari in red :D

It is my favorite car to drive in Forza 5 and I love to drive it around the Nurburgring. I can only imagine what it would be like to actually drive it around the Daytona road course.

The red corvette dumped a bunch of oil on the front stretch and they put down a lot of speedy dry. At the start most of the cars tip toed through it but the Camaro blasted through and took an early lead and held it for awhile. The announcer seemed surprized that the other cars couldn't catch him. He was hustling it.

I just put up a page a pictures on my site. Most are the same I've posted here but added about twenty more if anyone wants to see them in a bit bigger size. I'm working on the video now but will take a few days to get something put together.

Inaugural Classic 24 Hours of Daytona

4. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    He lives in Georgia, I think, and last name is Rayhall. He is only 19.

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #55 Patek, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah Bill that was me on the hood of the car. Here I am just before dark. Wish I had know you were right there. Your camera skills are amazing.
    Love the flame shot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ahhhh....Sean Rayhall.

didn't recognize him :eek:

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Some serious drivers there

Now I don't feel so bad about being "slow" :)

I think 1 of Mario's Grandkids was driving too

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the reason it sounded so great was due to it running a judd v-10...to my knowledge.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I believe you are correct!

10. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    40 examples were produced, an incredible amount for any prototype racer, let alone a Ferrari. Some of these were directly bought by collectors and were not even raced. The first 14 cars were constructed by Dallara, the next 26 by Michelotto. Many of them were later modified by the owners with revised sides, noses and wings to suit their particular needs, usually with help from Michelotto. In the final seasons some chassis were fitted with Judd engines, mostly for cost reasons.
    Found the above on ***************.
    I did see several other cars with the Judd engine installed.

11. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I thought the "Fudd" has been converted back to Ferrari power. Also, that was 025.

The Giesse-liveried Green/Blue/White, I think (pretty sure), is 022.

CW

12. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #62 Patek, Nov 20, 2014
  13. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I thought just the one 333, though.

CW

14. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    023 or 030, possibly.

CW

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thanks so much for taking the time to get us all the pictures

16. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    That makes sense. But the last time I heard a 333 run was in the same spot, 17 years ago!

17. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #67 ProCoach, Nov 20, 2014
    Sean Rayhall, the real thing!

Thanks for the kudos to 901 Shop. The team brought ten cars and nine finished. I had an absolute blast coaching our team past the Pat Long driven two-liter car!

The 333 SP has a Ferrari engine in it. The Pescarolo has a 5.5-liter Judd in it. The Giesse car was driven by Christian Pescatori, two-times second overall at LeMans 24 in an Audi R8 and LeMans European Champ in a 550 Maranello!

Thanks for the pics, Mr. Denton!

18. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #68 Patek, Nov 21, 2014
    I thought the engine was sounding really great on the Wall. I really like the 901 shop.
    Thanks for the photo.
    John

19. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Finally finished my video from the Classic 24 Hour weekend.

Switching between shooting stills and video doesn't allow me to get all the action
    which further limits what I can edit with but at least it gives an idea as to what it was like. :)

A few shots from the Rolex 24 were used to help fill in a few spots and should be easily recognizable as such.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTwD8PsdPZs&feature[/ame]

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Nice job on the video and stills, my morning is now shot!

I know what you mean about that. During the GTP days, I'd usually arrive a day or two
    ahead of my colleague who'd supply me with a bulky VHS video camera to use until he
    showed up. So, I'd alternate between taking stills and video.

BHW

21. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando

I try to cover all the bases but splitting between pictures and video means I'm not able to give 100% to either but I give it a try because I think they complement each other in the overall goal of presenting the event.

I'm new to shooting video using a DSLR and it is much harder than using my video camera. Panning my 7D with a 400 telephoto around the International Horseshoe is really difficult. You not only have to pan to follow the car you have to twist the camera at the same time to keep the " horizon " level through the pan. I switched between a tripod and a monopod depending how far I had to carry and neither are rock solid. I used bungee cords to secure the monopod to the fence when possible and then helped a bit.

I failed to use the mic muff thinking the wind wasn't bad enough to warrant pulling it out and putting it on but now regret not putting in the effort. Also wish I could engage a few people to humanize the video a bit more and I really need to get my GoPro in a car somehow to add that great perspective.

I keep learning and hopefully will improve with more hands on experience. I'm already looking forward to the 2015 Rolex 24 and Sebring 12 Hours :D

22. ferraripete

great job stra8!!! really enjoyable to watch!!!!

23. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando

I hope they do it again next year and the entry list grows!

24. ferraripete

as is expected of any of your work product...you caught the sights and sounds perfectly. as of 12/8/2014...the best video on the web!!!

thanks again.

25. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Sort of disappointing that there weren't more Ferraris on track.

CW