How's Tarek K. ? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How's Tarek K. ?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Back Marker, Jan 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Wow epic...

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    +1

Words fail me Tarek... Congratulations....

Mike

3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#128 dinogts, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Fumacher

Fumacher F1 Veteran

May 8, 2005
    Roosendaal
    Full Name:
    Vu
    *Hey Mike! Everything well? You still have the 345?;)

*Tarek: glad to hear that you and your family are doing well. I just watched the movie you posted (about the US embassy van). Bad things have taken place there :( It really touches me when seeing such things. Please take care and build up your beautiful country :)

5. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Thank you Mike........thanks Fumacher.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow......thanks and stay safe!!!

7. Fumacher

Fumacher F1 Veteran

May 8, 2005
    Roosendaal
    Full Name:
    Vu
    Holy smoke! Thanks for the photo's/ real life report.

8. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Glad to hear you and your family are well

Strange how all this happened only a few days after we were talking about the political situation on your trip to London

9. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear you are all OK and things are getting sorted out there. You need to get your butt over here for the 25th June .... you have a wedding to attend ;) Sherief and the boys aswell :)

10. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Thank you Douglas.......someone must have been listening ;). My best regards to your family.

Thanks Rob.

Great news, I will definitely be there.......congratulations.

11. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    A very mature answer tarek. I'm among those Americans who don't quite understand some of tha Arab ways of life. Its been going on for thousands of years , so what do I know. Congratulations on your revolution, just happy you guys didn't have an F1 race scheduled that week.

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    WOW!!!!!!!!! :D:D

13. krzys@earthlink.net

[email protected] Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2007
    Darien, ct
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof
    The Egyptian revolution has been very inspiring. A very powerful response to all those, who don't believe that yearning for freedom is universal. Congratulation, Tarek, your country is light upon other nations right now.

14. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    This probably belongs in P & R, but you'll notice that this poster never addressed the posted issue. Not once. Problem is, Israel can't continue with this behavior forever, and sooner or later the piper is going to come calling. Dumb on their part.

Art

15. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    Wow, it sounds like Germany 70 years ago

16. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Art,

During 2000, Barak offered 97% of the contiguous territory, the Palestinians had asked for. Arafat rejected this proposal. Arafat walked out of Camp David. Sharon unilaterally withdrew from 100% of Gaza. I am sure you know, about the 7000 (+) ground to ground rockets, fired from Gaza, into Israeli civilian towns. That did not go so well.

Giving concessions to corrupt military dictatorships, minority monarchies, and backwards fundamentalist Muslim theocracies, is never going to work.

17. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Ralph:

A Jewish peace group analyzed that offer. I've posted that before here but can't find it again but in sum and substance they found while the percentage was correct what was offered wasn't governable because Israel kept jurisdiction over the roadways cutting control over most of the area. Additionally, the 3 percent retained had a very disportionate share of water arable land etc. Was never going to happen. I'll look for the site.

The PLO isn't religious. Confusing the religious nut cases with them isn't valid. Both the Muslims, christians and the Jews have their share of religious nut cases, and it's best not to confuse them.
    Art

18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Umm, wut?

Are you telling me they are a bunch of Libertarians?

Art? Art? Art?

PLO not religious?

Excuse me for a moment; my water pump no longer works because water is no longer wet.

19. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Art is correct.

What is wut?

20. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    What Art means is, the PLO does not have the advancement of Islam as one of its goals. It does not have a religious agenda. And yes, it would be wise not to confuse nutcases.

According to the book Blunder, Why Smart People Make Bad Decisions, this was one of the fundamental problems with the Bush Administration, they didn't distinguish between different ideologies, and lumped everything into "the terrorist enemy" bracket.

21. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    As you can see, it isn't quite as simple as you believed it to be. Here is a summary of the peace plan:

http://www.mideastweb.org/campdavid2.htm

Again, with the road to the various settlements remianing in Israeli control, and with Israel controlling the water, there wasn't much that would have survived. That is why the deal didn't go down. It's unfortunate that our press provided such a great lack of detail.

Art

22. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Art,

Imagine Arafat ruling by force, all of The Bay Area.

I am sure you would have no issues, with his autocratic corrupt military dictatorship governing your town :).

23. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    That isn't an excuse for my cousin's behavior. Kinda like Johnny jumped off the bridge so it's ok. Didn't work when I was a pre teen, doesn't work now.

Art

24. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Of course, it is all B.S. to you, because you live in a free and open modern society.

The Bay Area, provides you with your security blanket.

Outside of San Francisco, the world is different.

If you lived in Ariel, you would feel completely different, knowing what kind of people are just down the road, and how a corrupt autocratic military dictatorship, will never bring any type of peace.