How's Roland Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How's Roland Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by dysko, Mar 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    For my own part, last spring I had the extreme pleasure of riding with Roland in the LM from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to my house here (where he was staying). And I don't care what anyone wants to call the car ... very simply, it was one of the most awesome and memorable experiences I have had.

Good luck with it, Aaron. Hope to see you and it in Vegas again soon.

2. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado

Yes some of the best experiences I have ever had were with Roland and the LM. I was lucky enough to get to spend an entire day riding with Roland in the LM over a year ago in Las Vegas. There were also a few rides around here in Colorado too. I will never forget the sight and sounds of it all and feeling every jolt from the suspension.

Roland also introduced me to Timphy which lead to him letting me drive his 550, the first time I have ever driven a Ferrari, all that after knowing Timphy for a few minutes. Those are amazing memories that I will never forget.

I just hope that Aaron will still bring out the car for us all too still enjoy.

3. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
  4. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes

I'm in, what does he have?

5. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Jimmie? I'm more of a Stevie Ray fan myself... What type of rig do you have in mind, I have a transporter who hauls all my stuff, he's be pissed if he didn't get to go to N'orleans this year.

Were you at the Cavillino al Lago thingy?

6. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    #56 Scuderia-San-Antonio, May 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    #57 Chip D, May 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I remember your car, Wes! I don't think we met though... Valeria wasn't feeling all that well and I was busy pampering......

Hopefully I'll just drive over and back, like last time, but I can draft behind your big truck and get better mileage in the 308GTB.....;)

Congrats on the F40, Chris just has the Vespa now??? LOL!

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've only recently fallen back in with Houston FCA......the Peace Accord was brokered by Franco.......LOL!

God bless him!

10. F-Bear

F-Bear Karting

Jan 11, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rob Weien
    Roland- Hope you're doing better every day. Look forward to seeing you back in hAspen this summer in the F 40; At crystal cove this weekend and will say 'hello' from the RM folks.

11. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Why not just ask the experts on FChat? The best research you can do in many cases. If anyone should know it's the Colorado group. As to your "respect" issue, get a life. The question is hardly disrespectful. It was a reasonable, straightforward and very legitimate one.

Anyway, I think Aaron gave a legit answer that actually has substance, seeing as how he owns the car:

"I would state its a LMe (this is what Forza called it) so be it..

and of course Linder Modification' works well...

and at the end of the day... F40 works for me!!!

I will still drive it either way!"

It has substance, whereas yours has none.

Aaron, I'm familiar with your new car, seen it, sat in it, run with it. It is a beautiful car and the carbon fibre extras look good and are done well. Have you truly driven the car hard and been able to compare it to a standard F40? I have ridden in a stock one and ithat was truly a great car. Though I've never really wanted one because of the looks, that changed my position. I know think they are also holding up well in the looks department as they get older.
    So, again, how does it run?

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado

Why do you want know? If it either runs good or bad, it doesn’t matter to you. You’re only looking for another reason so you can continue to flame the prior owner and the guy who serviced it.